Marrone/Schwartz to Miami? Nope. Gase it is.

YoloinOhio

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marrone agent is an absolute savage. The Eagles have now had to deny *twice* in two days that they are interviewing him. These reports keep coming out that they are (gee I wonder where those are coming from) and they keep shooting them down. The latest

@profootballtalk

Eagles add Doug Marrone and Teryl Austin to their interview list

@jeff_mclane

The #Eagles currently don't have plans to interview Jaguars ass't Doug Marrone, despite an ESPN report, per NFL sources.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Marrone agent is an absolute savage. The Eagles have now had to deny *twice* in two days that they are interviewing him. These reports keep coming out that they are (gee I wonder where those are coming from) and they keep shooting them down. The latest

@jeff_mclane

The #Eagles currently don't have plans to interview Jaguars ass't Doug Marrone, despite an ESPN report, per NFL sources.

Maybe Woody Johnson will give him a 3rd interview :)

More than any other coaching candidate or player I can remember, the spin around Marrone has been enlightening the last 2 years. After he quit the Bills he has been attached to:

Giants

Jets

Dolphins

Titans

Browns

Eagles

Bears

Falcons

Colts

Raiders

Saints

i have not seen anything on the 49ers which I believe is the only team that had a vacancy where I haven't seen him mentioned. Subsequently the rumors were denied by a few of those teams and he never interviewed at all with some others. I think his little dance with the Jets hurt him as much as his highly unprofessional exit from the Bills, but who knows.

The part I find most interesting is that half of the football media seems to trumpet him as a hot candidate while half mocks him. Without it really saying anything about Marrone at all it seems to me it has shed light on the behind the scenes stuff with some "insiders" having the same agents as coaching candidates, and the indirect relationships that ensue. It is quite the tangled web. It is also interesting that people on the same networks like Scheffer and LeBatard can have such wildly different assessments of his value. I think this could be happening with just about any coach/GM or even free agent player but for some reason it has been Marrone. We saw some of this knowing that Donahoe and Mortenesen are tight but there are so many more players in this that you need a program to keep up.

Because Lebatard doesn't buy into the BS. He's not a butt kisser

Understood but it isn't just him.....that Mehta guy from the Daily News immediately leaps to mind. Granted he is "local" albeit the #1 market but I have heard others too. The number of teams to which he is linked is wild. I have to believe it is this year or next for Marrone or it will be a long wait.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I agree, but what I was referring to earlier was that Pears at RG fits Buddy Nix's narrative that any OT can be moved to OG if need be. So, perhaps that was presented to him by Whaley. Not like Marrone had a great selection of star players to plug in on that line at LG, RT, RG.

Look at the lack of talent on the offensive line vs the defensive line where each and every starter is a high quality and highly paid player. This has been the philosophy of the Bills FO since failing with Mike Williams at LT it seems. Trading away all pro-LT Jason Peters and then expecting to replace him with a 7th round pick in Demetress Bell. Replacing Andy Levitre with Colin Brown. Legurski, Chris Williams and finally back to Urbik who was plucked off the waiver wire with Pears.

We don't know the whole story on Marrone and exactly why he walked away from Buffalo. We all know we are happy about that situation given his choice for OC but we also know he clashed with the current GM over some things and we don't know the entirety of those things either.

Marrone explained why he put Pears at RG. He said he believed you play your best five players regardless of position. And it's ridiculous to think a guy like Whaley would tell any coach to move a slow, unathletic 6 7 tackle who can't bend to OG especially when that coach was an OL himself and got his reputation as an OL coach. That's just ridiculous.

9-7.

Wait. I thought that last year this was a meaningless win, against the Pats B team, after Marrone screwed the pooch and did not make the playoffs with a fabulous defense. At least that seemed to be the prevailing opinion last year at this time. I love revisionist history. Are you seriously suggesting the Bills would have won that game against the full Cheats squad? It looks more like 8-8, albeit for different reasons, than 9-7 to me.

Wait. I thought that last year this was a meaningless win, against the Pats B team, after Marrone screwed the pooch and did not make the playoffs with a fabulous defense. At least that seemed to be the prevailing opinion last year at this time. I love revisionist history. Are you seriously suggesting the Bills would have won that game against the full Cheats squad? It looks more like 8-8, albeit for different reasons, than 9-7 to me.

I have never held the opinion you're pretending I did. I have actively railed against that opinion since Week 17, 2014. You may love fake revisionist history, but I love someone who falsely attributes an opinion to me much, much more.

Yes, I think they would've won that game. We were dominating at half. However, it doesn't matter. Either all the games matter, or we can "pick" at every schedule. Does the win against the Cowboys really count, when half their team was hurt and they're playing a 5th string QB, and they have starters missing, and they've been eliminated for weeks? It looks more like 7-9 for the 2015 Bills, because I doubt we beat the full Cowboys squad.

You are what your record says you are. And we went 9-7.

Edited by FireChan

And the worst was that DM started Kyle Orton in a meaningless game, possibly to promote himself. EJ should have started that game.

Ironically Vic Carucci was just on 92.3 Cleveland so they could ask him about Marrone. He said Marrone had way too many control issues and paranoia. Also his ego got in the way too many times. That he wants to tell everyone rise how to do their jobs as far as what time the plane should fly out and what snacks the players should be allowed to eat. Instead of focusing on coaching. He didn't know if he could come in and be an "employee" vs running the whole show. He did, however, think he would interview well.

Marrone belongs in college.

Edited by YoloinOhio

And the worst was that DM started Kyle Orton in a meaningless game, possibly to promote himself. EJ should have started that game.

Why? I keep hearing this but I never understood the reason. You think that one game would of magically jump started EJ's careeer. You don't think the Bills brass honestly knew that EJ was going to be a bust at that point. If EJ would of played better he would of started last year but he got beat out by a journeyman QB that didn't even bother showing up for training camp.

Whatever Doug..

Haha. Ben Axelrod of BR/ Cleveland sports media:

@benaxelrod

Ill be very disappointed if the Browns coaching search doesnt result in Matt Patrcia or Hue Jackson.

@smbrown26

Those are choices A and B, so who would choice J look like?

@benaxelrod

Doug Marrone

Haha. Ben Axelrod of BR/ Cleveland sports media:

@benaxelrod

Ill be very disappointed if the Browns coaching search doesnt result in Matt Patrcia or Hue Jackson.

@smbrown26

Those are choices A and B, so who would choice J look like?

@benaxelrod

Doug Marrone

marrone2.jpg