Marrone/Schwartz to Miami? Nope. Gase it is.

YoloinOhio

It was godawful the first year and good the second year when Whaley got him two pro bowl ST players and he used mostly starters for the rest of them, then it was awful the third year with that coach. 2 of 3 awful means really bad, not great.

He didn't have him on his staff in his third year.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure he did. He just wasn't here to see it through because he is a quitter and a mostly crappy coach.

So salty.

9-7 though. Maybe next year.

The anti-Marrone in Buffalo talking points have been steadily drying up for the last year and a half. First it was "the offensive line is bad, Cordy regressed and our rookies didn't develop." Now, we find Cordy's regression may have been the result of losing an organ, the rookies are still terrible, and half of our old line is out of football or backing up terrible units.

Then there's "can't develop EJ." Finally, EJ gets his shot with a decent OC and.....sinks the season in his worst game of all time. Nailed it, damn you Doug!

Really Kelly, you should love Marrone more than anybody. Saved two jobs while he was here. Saved EJ by yanking him, allowing us to keep up the "top third backup" charade for a year or two. And indirectly saved Whaley by unnaturally prolonging the career of his first pick and first bust as a GM. He's a miracle worker.

Edited by FireChan

I forgot about this - good grief. He is way too sensitive to be an NFL HC.

@bytimgraham

I think next "Dunne with Graham" podcast should detail the great Doug Marrone/Come to Jesus tweet meeting he tried to have with me.

Edited by YoloinOhio

So salty.

9-7 though. Maybe next year.

The anti-Marrone in Buffalo talking points have been steadily drying up for the last year and a half. First it was "the offensive line is bad, Cordy regressed and our rookies didn't develop." Now, we find Cordy's regression may have been the result of losing an organ, the rookies are still terrible, and half of our old line is out of football or backing up terrible units.

Then there's "can't develop EJ." Finally, EJ gets his shot with a decent OC and.....sinks the season in his worst game of all time. Nailed it, damn you Doug!

Really Kelly, you should love Marrone more than anybody. Saved two jobs while he was here. Saved EJ by yanking him, allowing us to keep up the "top third backup" charade for a year or two. And indirectly saved Whaley by unnaturally prolonging the career of his first pick and first bust as a GM. He's a miracle worker.

OMG do you watch football? Doug Marrone's offense, and the foundation of it which was the offensive line, was absolutely brutal to behold. Watching our running backs slam into the back of Eric Pears on first-and-everything, over and over again, for sixteen weeks... how can you possibly defend his coaching? The receiver routes were notoriously imprecise and easy to defend. I could go on and on... you're displaying a complete, utter lack of football knowledge.

I forgot about this - good grief. He is way too sensitive to be an NFL HC.

@bytimgraham

I think next "Dunne with Graham" podcast should detail the great Doug Marrone/Come to Jesus tweet meeting he tried to have with me.

I wish they would've broadcast that meeting somehow. Two of the most sensitive people in the entire universe having a slap fight...

OMG do you watch football? Doug Marrone's offense, and the foundation of it which was the offensive line, was absolutely brutal to behold. Watching our running backs slam into the back of Eric Pears on first-and-everything, over and over again, for sixteen weeks... how can you possibly defend his coaching? The receiver routes were notoriously imprecise and easy to defend. I could go on and on... you're displaying a complete, utter lack of football knowledge.

he had no idea one of his best defensive players wasn't on the field for an entire half in a critical game. Smh.

I wish they would've broadcast that meeting somehow. Two of the most sensitive people in the entire universe having a slap fight...

Watching our running backs slam into the back of Eric Pears on first-and-everything, over and over again, for sixteen weeks

Didn't his "brutal" offensive philosophy get us to #2 in the NFL in rushing in 2013? With garbage QB's playing against defenses with 8 in the box? Something must've went right.

And in 2014, same story, but instead of Spiller and a healthy Fred, we had Fred on one leg with Boobie Dixon and Bryce Brown, two other godawful backs. And our rushing game sucked. Compared to the miracle worker Greg Roman whose rushing game has been so successful with his #1 and #2 RB's injured, right? Oh wait, no.

Routes imprecise? Well, he was working with SJ13 for one year, and had to fire his WR coach after that year. Then he was again working with a one-legged WR and Woods/Hogan. Not exactly a great WR squad.

Don't get it confused. I'm not saying Marrone was a great HC or is SB bound. I'm saying he gets unnecessary flak. And he does. No one can refute it. It's sad to watch them try.

Watching our running backs slam into the back of Eric Pears on first-and-everything, over and over again, for sixteen weeks

Didn't his "brutal" offensive philosophy get us to #2 in the NFL in rushing in 2013? With garbage QB's playing against defenses with 8 in the box? Something must've went right.

And in 2014, same story, but instead of Spiller and a healthy Fred, we had Fred on one leg with Boobie Dixon and Bryce Brown, two other godawful backs. And our rushing game sucked. Compared to the miracle worker Greg Roman whose rushing game has been so successful with his #1 and #2 RB's injured, right? Oh wait, no.

Routes imprecise? Well, he was working with SJ13 for one year, and had to fire his WR coach after that year. Then he was again working with a one-legged WR and Woods/Hogan. Not exactly a great WR squad.

Don't get it confused. I'm not saying Marrone was a great HC or is SB bound. I'm saying he gets unnecessary flak. And he does. No one can refute it. It's sad to watch them try.

Why do people always break out the #2 rushing stat? That was total yards rushing. It's such a lazy stay. And the reason their rushing yards were so high is because they had the most attempts. In the more important yards per attempt, they were 15th overall. Middle of the pack.

Did he do something right? Sure he just kept smashing guys up the middle, which got the total yards higher. Let's not go patting him on the back for that though.

Why do people always break out the #2 rushing stat? That was total yards rushing. It's such a lazy stay. And the reason their rushing yards were so high is because they had the most attempts. In the more important yards per attempt, they were 15th overall. Middle of the pack.

Did he do something right? Sure he just kept smashing guys up the middle, which got the total yards higher. Let's not go patting him on the back for that though.

Were we #2 in rushing or not? That's why it's brought up. Usually a good thing to have a decent rushing attack with terrible QB's and 8 defenders in the box.

15th overall is above average. The way you hear folks talk, you'd think it was 25th overall.

Were we #2 in rushing or not? That's why it's brought up. Usually a good thing to have a decent rushing attack with terrible QB's and 8 defenders in the box.

15th overall is above average. The way you hear folks talk, you'd think it was 25th overall.

Marrone sucked and was an idiot.

Yes, the Bills were #2 in TOTAL YARDS RUSHING. That doesn't mean they were the 2nd best rushing team. On a per attempt basis, they were middle of the pack

So why did they digress so badly in 2014?

So why did they digress so badly in 2014?

Spiller missed all year, Fred played with a torn hammy(?) almost all year and was another year older and we had to rely on Boobie D and Bryce for too many games, and both of those dudes suck even more than Spiller and a hobbled Fred. Edited by FireChan

Spiller missed all year, Fred played with a torn hammy(?) almost all year and was another year older and we had to rely on Boobie D and Bryce for too many games, and both of those dudes suck even more than Spiller and a hobbled Fred.

So it had nothing to do with the Saint's OL regressing badly in 2014? You know, insisting that a bad RT play at a position that he was worse off at playing? How long did it take for Urbik to finally crack the line up?

BTW, what happened to Jax's rush stats this year?

Edited by GG

The idea of Marrone going to Miami doesn't scare me as much as the idea of Schwartz going to Miami as DC. The Dolphins may not be a great team, but I would say they have under-achieved as much as they are not good. In other words, they have some talent on defense which hasn't produced consistently. Suh, who is their center-piece, is already familiar with Schwartz defense...I suspect Suh's game will be much improved in this scenario.

Saved EJ by yanking him, allowing us to keep up the "top third backup" charade for a year or two. And indirectly saved Whaley by unnaturally prolonging the career of his first pick and first bust as a GM.

Good post. I am no fan of Marrone but the above is hard to dispute. Edited by Bill from NYC