Are you still bitter over fredex after seeing carlos

seadog

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't. The best I've heard is this garbage about special teams. Dropping your 3rd down RB and locker room leader, on a team that desperately needs both, so you can save that roster spot for a special teamer is patently absurd. Especially considering his combination of blocking and receiving ability when you've got a pourous O-line and inexperienced QBs.

I hear no coherent arguments. I hear Whaley fanboy excuses.

Yeah, our STs stunk even with arguably one of the best gunners in the league so somehow I tend to doubt that Boobie was anything of a difference maker in that regard. I think everyone agrees he couldnt hold Fred's jock as a running back. And with respect to age, STs is where you want a younger player who can work on being a useful backup and maybe someday a starter, not exactly something you could hope for from Boobie. Seems like more a Doug Whaley defence argument than a football one.

With respect to Gillislee, who I think is a good find, I wonder if he could be serviceable as a return man for kickoffs and maybe for punts. He has excellent vision and a decent burst even if not a real burner.

I asked this before but maybe I missed the answer. Did FredEx ever receive punts?

Lots. Fred's stat line: Returns 16 Yardage 190 Average 11.9. You need 75 returns to qualify for NFL career stats, but to put Fred's PR skills into perspective, the 11.9 average would put Fred 8th all-time with Desmond Howard, and .3 yards better than 'scoe's 11.6 in 11th place all-time.

For those who keep saying that Fred wouldn't play ST, I call bullshyte. Fred said before he left that he would have done ANYTHING to remain with Buffalo. Fred excelled at anything he ever did on a football field. He could have played ST as well.

Fred- I hope you make it. The Cardinals should win tomorrow in AZ, will play for the win as TB could pull the upset and beat the Panthers and the Cards have a better conference record. Also, Atlanta wins tomorrow, then Seattle is out. I can't believe it, but Seattle could get knocked out as unlikely as it sounds.

What I still don't like about it was the fact that, at the time, they decided to keep Bryce Brown over FJ just because he was younger. Brown was awful and should have been cut long before Jackson.

They released Fred when they did more as a favor to him so he would have time to hook on with another team.

You've heard several coherent arguments explaining this, actually. You're just apparently unable or unwilling to process them.

I haven't. The best I've heard is this garbage about special teams. Dropping your 3rd down RB and locker room leader, on a team that desperately needs both, so you can save that roster spot for a special teamer is patently absurd. Especially considering his combination of blocking and receiving ability when you've got a pourous O-line and inexperienced QBs.

I hear no coherent arguments. I hear Whaley fanboy excuses.

LOL. That pretty much illustrates my point: you're unable or unwilling to process them. Whenever someone lays out a series of reasons, someone who is able and willing to process can argue for or against. Someone who isn't able to do so pulls out a straw man or a stalking horse - referring to them as "Whaley fanboy excuses" is an example of both.

Didn't care then, don't care now.

This.

Sorry, Fred Jackson wasn't going to prevent countless injuries, make guys absorb Rex's defensive philosophy faster, make Tyrod more decisive throwing the ball, make Percy Harvin want to play football, or any of the other things that caused this team to fail this year.

They released Fred when they did more as a favor to him so he would have time to hook on with another team.

.........because they didn't think he was good enough to help them.

The "cut as a favor" takes are pretty weak when not put into that context..........otherwise, why not cut Sammy Watkins so he can go play with a great QB?

It's just a convenient excuse that sounds nice and defers blame.

The Seahawks of the last 4 seasons are one of the more successful teams in NFL history over such a span.........they just had a streak snapped of 64 straight games where they held a lead in EVERY game.......and they found Jackson valuable enough to play about 25% of their offensive snaps.

The Bills organization, meanwhile, is just completing it's 16th straight "learning experience" of a season.

The Bills made a lot of mistakes in 2015........too many to be successful........and this is just one of them. Denying it is :rolleyes:

Edited by #BADOL

LOL. That pretty much illustrates my point: you're unable or unwilling to process them. Whenever someone lays out a series of reasons, someone who is able and willing to process can argue for or against. Someone who isn't able to do so pulls out a straw man or a stalking horse - referring to them as "Whaley fanboy excuses" is an example of both.

Apparently you don't know what a straw man is.

And I've addressed the arguments and explained logically why they don't make sense. Then I identified them as the desperate excuses of Whaley fanboys because I can think of no other reason why someone would cling to such a flimsy argument.

How would he have run out of time to look for another team? They released Brown after him and he had plenty of time to be signed by another team.

How would he have run out of time to look for another team? They released Brown after him and he had plenty of time to be signed by another team.

Who said he would have run out of time? I said they released him earlier so he's have more time to hook on with a new team before the season started. Whaley himself said this after the release occurred. None of this is in dispute.

No, but I'm bitter over fredex after watching boobie. They didn't trust him enough to make him the 3rd RB. Fred would have been a better use of a roster spot, and provided more leadership. Screw whaley.