Pegulas announce Rex and Whaley will return in 2016

YoloinOhio

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the continuity arguements have been exhausted, but to me, continuity is good for one additional win. Filling holes and matching personal good for another. I don't think Rex is an amazing head coach, but dropping a guy without a chance to fully implement their system seems premature. There's no guarentee that they guys they'll bring in are going to be vastly different than players the prespective next coach will want (see Todd Bowles)

But we won't have continuity with half of our defensive personnel. They won't have any chemistry, because half of them will be new. They will also be learning a new system. I'll give you personnel. I see us at 8-8 and the boo-birds flying out early and often in December.

I see this team's season again ending in early December. I see a defense with a modicum of improvement, but not even close to what it should've been. I see a lot of excuses about rookie guys, and team chemistry. I see a locker room that has already proven to quit on RR quitting on him again. And I see us having to blow up the whole thing yet again, this time with 6-7 new players who we acquired for RR's system who won't fit in our new coach's system.

Pretty fun stuff. Feel the rush.

You know what I always thought was really stupid? Changing your opinions at the drop of a hat. Why should I "love" Rex now, when I thought he was a hack 6 weeks ago? Because he's staying for one more year? Talk about moronic.

Just because one changes their opinion doesn't make them stupid, perhaps it makes them better informed. And no one said you have to love him.

But hey, you're the Oracle that can "see the future" so enjoy the misery until you can see if your vision comes true.

But we won't have continuity with half of our defensive personnel. They won't have any chemistry, because half of them will be new. They will also be learning a new system. I'll give you personnel. I see us at 8-8 and the boo-birds flying out early and often in December.

That's because you insist on the notion that roster movement is more detrimental than organizational movement.

In the era of free agency, roster movement is inevitable, it can be accounted for and it can be forecasted. Organizational movement is voluntary and has a lush history of breeding instability.

With a majority of the roster being familiar with the scheme. Look at Cinci, they invested, believed in it and it's finally clicking.

Just because one changes their opinion doesn't make them stupid, perhaps it makes them better informed. And no one said you have to love him.

But hey, you're the Oracle that can "see the future" so enjoy the misery until you can see if your vision comes true.

SO change my opinion on Rex's coaching ability because why? You still haven't answered, beyond the fact that he's here next year. That's ridiculous.

Also on the "Oracle" comment, I made my prediction. I have no idea what will happen, only what I think will. No doubt many like yourself will be shocked, heartbroken, and write up tearful "I AM SO DONE WITH THIS TEAM" nonsense instead. That's fine too.

With a majority of the roster being familiar with the scheme. Look at Cinci, they invested, believed in it and it's finally clicking.

The majority of the defense will not be familiar with the scheme, IMO. We will be replacing half of them.

That's because you insist on the notion that roster movement is more detrimental than organizational movement.

In the era of free agency, roster movement is inevitable, it can be accounted for and it can be forecasted. Organizational movement is voluntary and has a lush history of breeding instability.

Roster movement of middling starters? No. Roster movement of cornerstones and stars? Yes, it can be just as detrimental.

Edited by FireChan

SO change my opinion on Rex's coaching ability because why? You still haven't answered, beyond the fact that he's here next year. That's ridiculous.

Also on the "Oracle" comment, I made my prediction. I have no idea what will happen, only what I think will. No doubt many like yourself will be shocked, heartbroken, and write up tearful "I AM SO DONE WITH THIS TEAM" nonsense instead. That's fine too.

The majority of the defense will not be familiar with the scheme, IMO. We will be replacing half of them.

Roster movement of middling starters? No. Roster movement of cornerstones and stars? Yes, it can be just as detrimental.

Given your ongoing and fervent critique of the 2015 defense, I'm shocked to hear you say it has irreplaceable parts.

Despite any of my previous grumblings, it's the best decision at this time.

In my view, Whaley's moves last year to bolster the offense set this team up with a 2-year window to make a serious move in the playoffs. Despite RR's claim that he was not wedded to a system, he is. In HINDSIGHT, hiring a different HC and keeping Schwartz was the optimal move. Can't change history.

"Obviously," Whaley will now re-tool the front 7 of the D to fit what RR needs, beginning with the release of Mario in some form.

Nope, don't think you should - but I also don't think you know what's going to happen next year, but you continually act like you do. All good my friend, you're just always so agitated :beer:

And I'll NEVER say "I'm done with this team", if you knew me, you'd know that. I sat in the rain at Hammer's, then in The Ralph last Sunday and had a great time - I aways do at Bills games and that's why I love the team.

Wins / Losses they happen, but what the Bills mean to me, the area and the fans is greater than their record year after year, IMO. :D

Nope, don't think you should - but I also don't think you know what's going to happen next year, but you continually act like you do. All good my friend, you're just always so agitated :beer:

And I'll NEVER say "I'm done with this team", if you knew me, you'd know that. I sat in the rain at Hammer's, then in The Ralph last Sunday and had a great time - I aways do at Bills games and that's why I love the team.

Wins / Losses they happen, but what the Bills mean to me, the area and the fans is greater than their record year after year, IMO. :D

Absolutely agreed.

but his defense... No Bueno. Especially the run D. Rex's is better. Would he run Rex's? No... Why would he? Unless that's the only job he can get. They have some similarities but they're not the same. Even though he worked for him before, that relationship didn't end well because Rex had to take back the playcalling.

I thought the run defense was a matter of having the right personnel. They're likely going to add an appropriate ILB and NT this offseason anyway.

I'm not going to speculate on their relationship. It's obvious that Pettine wanted to step out of Rex's shadow and get a HC opportunity, which he did.