[closed]Im sick of watching tyrod

enlightener

First ,while yes we lead the league in rushing and tyrod set a record for ya da ya da ...he did that to the detriment of about 100 passing plays that went for qb rushes instead. What good is leading the league in rushing if you are often behind, trying to pass, and scrambling instead? I dont get "amazed" anymore by all his running around. Its highly frustrating and annoying. A good rushing team needs to run with its running backs to hold a lead and play out the clock. Not lose to the giants, chiefs, eagles, pats, and skins while your qb dorks around throwing bombs on third and 3 or worse-3 yard flares on third and 10! Or worse yet -scrambling for 14 yards on 3rd and 15 that get called back for holding anyways.

Lets be honest, with his slow release and inability to read the middle of the field, we are stuck with a qb who plays it safe and does everything ( i mean everything ) outside the hash marks. Will tightwad throw a 10 yarder to a tight end crossing? Nope. Will he hit anyone crossing the middle, ever? nope. How many slants were thrown this year? I think about zero. How are the rac yards for receivers on this team? Crap. The only middle type pass he throws is to a rb that hooks for 2 yards. But the player has to be stopped. He hit watkins and hogan for 2 nice stop routes last sunday. Both stopped, and on the sideline. His tds a few weeks ago, a fade to watkins, a hook out to woods, both on the outside. see the pattern yet? his other tds, almost all deep sideline passes. He tried exactly 2 deep posts down the middle this year. missed bad on one and connected on the other in double coverage. His sideline deep ball last week was in double coverage too, he still throws em, doesnt read it (or care?). watkins had to fight off the cb enough to get offensive PI. Ill admit he has great touch so its safe and watkins may catch it. He started the year doing this to harvin with some success. But this is all he has. When hes not going deep sideline hes throwing annoying little flares to the tight end or back. Always diagonal and outside the hash and for 3-4 yards. Usually results in a quick tackle on third and long. No first down. He doesnt care, its safe and maybe the receiver will break it. Do they? Nope.

His other lame asset, running, has given us a ton of garbage time points, and yes a few game winners. But the problem is even his scrambles, almost every single one, are to the outside. He wont just shoot through the middle. With the middle WIDE OPEN, he stops, deeks backwards then runs sideways often losing ground and barely getting it back at the sideline. When he has a choice to cut back these outside runs, he doesnt. He just fakes in, but always goes outside, always and often short of the marker. And should we talk about all the holding penalties we got when he did this weird stop-go backwards and run outside move? They looked nice and all, til the flag got thrown. I think we had about 10 like that.

Maybe its Roman. I tried to just focus on the middle of the field last week to see if any receivers crossed at all. Sme plays didnt have anyone, so maybe its not all the qbs fault. But this doesnt excuse his lame style of jumping backwards and trying to run around the Defensive End everytime he gets nervous in the pocket. Its decision making. Like his decisions to throw deep balls on third and short. Or the plays he SHOULD and COULD have scrambled on since he cant seem to throw an easy 5 yarder to someone. All year he would to go deep on 3rd and short, short on third and long, and run on third and very long.

Bottom line is hes playing it safe, and his pretty deep ball passes cover up a huge hole in his game. His unwillingness to even try running up the middle bothers me and makes me question his courage. I watched itty bitty Kellen Moore hang in there and hang in there and deliver all kinds of passes all over the field. Especially third down passes. He was a better qb last week in his first start that tightwad was in week 16. Id take him straight up for "t mobile" ( where all calls must be either long distance or you can hand walk a letter) Time to switch carriers, we need a new QB next year.

First ,while yes we lead the league in rushing and tyrod set a record for ya da ya da ...he did that to the detriment of about 100 passing plays that went for qb rushes instead. What good is leading the league in rushing if you are often behind, trying to pass, and scrambling instead? I dont get "amazed" anymore by all his running around. Its highly frustrating and annoying. A good rushing team needs to run with its running backs to hold a lead and play out the clock. Not lose to the giants, chiefs, eagles, pats, and skins while your qb dorks around throwing bombs on third and 3 or worse-3 yard flares on third and 10! Or worse yet -scrambling for 14 yards on 3rd and 15 that get called back for holding anyways.

Lets be honest, with his slow release and inability to read the middle of the field, we are stuck with a qb who plays it safe and does everything ( i mean everything ) outside the hash marks. Will tightwad throw a 10 yarder to a tight end crossing? Nope. Will he hit anyone crossing the middle, ever? nope. How many slants were thrown this year? I think about zero. How are the rac yards for receivers on this team? Crap. The only middle type pass he throws is to a rb that hooks for 2 yards. But the player has to be stopped. He hit watkins and hogan for 2 nice stop routes last sunday. Both stopped, and on the sideline. His tds a few weeks ago, a fade to watkins, a hook out to woods, both on the outside. see the pattern yet? his other tds, almost all deep sideline passes. He tried exactly 2 deep posts down the middle this year. missed bad on one and connected on the other in double coverage. His sideline deep ball last week was in double coverage too, he still throws em, doesnt read it (or care?). watkins had to fight off the cb enough to get offensive PI. Ill admit he has great touch so its safe and watkins may catch it. He started the year doing this to harvin with some success. But this is all he has. When hes not going deep sideline hes throwing annoying little flares to the tight end or back. Always diagonal and outside the hash and for 3-4 yards. Usually results in a quick tackle on third and long. No first down. He doesnt care, its safe and maybe the receiver will break it. Do they? Nope.

His other lame asset, running, has given us a ton of garbage time points, and yes a few game winners. But the problem is even his scrambles, almost every single one, are to the outside. He wont just shoot through the middle. With the middle WIDE OPEN, he stops, deeks backwards then runs sideways often losing ground and barely getting it back at the sideline. When he has a choice to cut back these outside runs, he doesnt. He just fakes in, but always goes outside, always and often short of the marker. And should we talk about all the holding penalties we got when he did this weird stop-go backwards and run outside move? They looked nice and all, til the flag got thrown. I think we had about 10 like that.

Maybe its Roman. I tried to just focus on the middle of the field last week to see if any receivers crossed at all. Sme plays didnt have anyone, so maybe its not all the qbs fault. But this doesnt excuse his lame style of jumping backwards and trying to run around the Defensive End everytime he gets nervous in the pocket. Its decision making. Like his decisions to throw deep balls on third and short. Or the plays he SHOULD and COULD have scrambled on since he cant seem to throw an easy 5 yarder to someone. All year he would to go deep on 3rd and short, short on third and long, and run on third and very long.

Bottom line is hes playing it safe, and his pretty deep ball passes cover up a huge hole in his game. His unwillingness to even try running up the middle bothers me and makes me question his courage. I watched itty bitty Kellen Moore hang in there and hang in there and deliver all kinds of passes all over the field. Especially third down passes. He was a better qb last week in his first start that tightwad was in week 16. Id take him straight up for "t mobile" ( where all calls must be either long distance or you can hand walk a letter) Time to switch carriers, we need a new QB next year.

Are you saying that you won't be buying a Tyrod Taylor jersey?

While he doesn't always make to best choice on 3rd and short Tyrod is far better than the picture your trying to paint of him. After reading your little rant one would have to question your football IQ. Many of the games we lost were because our all time greatest defense could stop a nose bleed.Our defense ranks 20th in yards and 16th in points. On the other hand our offense ranks 11th in yards and 12th in points. You say he can't seem to throw an easy 5 yarder well he completes 63.6% of his passes. That's better than both Mannings, Tannehill, Osweiler, Carr, Fitzy, Rodgers, Bortles, Newton, and Luck. It's also within 1% of Brady so I think he's doing alright in the accuracy department. You claim Moore was a better QB than Tyrod in the game last week. Well lets take a looksee:

Moore Taylor

13/31 13/18

41.9% 72.2%

186 yds 179 yds

6.0 yds/att 9.9 yds/att

48.6 rtg 80.6 rtg

17.7 qbr 72.5 qbr

1 rush -1 yd 14 rushes 64 yds

On what planet was Moore better last week than Taylor? Answer none. Look, Taylor is not perfect and needs to grow in areas, but that is common with a first year starting QB. He's shown enough to enter next year as the starter, unless someone can unseat him in camp. He's the best we've had in a while.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Suggest you find another team to watch then. TT is our QB and will be for quite some time. He is going to the Pro Bowl as an alternate. He has played with heart and has made plays where most QB's would have been sacked. What I"m tired of is hearing people whine about him. If our defense would have played even half as well as they did last year we would be a playoff team.

At times i read some of these comments in total disbelief. QB at the NFL level is the hardest job in pro sports. There are maybe 10 great QBs in the world. TT as a first time starter exceeded all reasonable expectations. He has a solid arm, throws with precision and is incredibly mobile. Our record is a result of poor coaching, weak defense and way too many penalties not QB play. Clearly he must develop his two minute drill and become the team leader. But based on what he has demonstrated I don't understand how any reasonable fan can be disappointed. Heck, i think many people on this board would have thrown Jim Kelly under the bus his first few years as he adjusted to the NFL level.

At times i read some of these comments in total disbelief. QB at the NFL level is the hardest job in pro sports. There are maybe 10 great QBs in the world. TT as a first time starter exceeded all reasonable expectations. He has a solid arm, throws with precision and is incredibly mobile. Our record is a result of poor coaching, weak defense and way too many penalties not QB play. Clearly he must develop his two minute drill and become the team leader. But based on what he has demonstrated I don't understand how any reasonable fan can be disappointed. Heck, i think many people on this board would have thrown Jim Kelly under the bus his first few years as he adjusted to the NFL level.

Wait so you don't feel enlightened?