Donahoe to run the eagles?

Mularkey was no picnic either. I will never forget Son of Satan discussing the ban on negative signs being brought into the stadium on his radio show... even Ralph thought that policy was nutso and Donahoe's ridiculous behavior towards fans was a big reason why Ralph took the Team President title back after he left.

He should get along with Laurie just fine. He's another Joe Banner.

probably the one who had Lurie's ear...I dont trust TD

He's been a smoldering ember for a dozen years now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at his drafts, there are some impact players here and there. The trade up for losman was a huge mistake. I remember really wanting to trade to 9 for Big Ben. He just looked like a quarterback, and losman never did.

Truth be told, for as much flak as TD takes (and much of it is well deserved), the Bills haven't fared much better in the W-L department after he left. How many years are we going to blame him for the long playoff drought ? The point I am making is that the Bills did well by getting rid of him when they did, but have been unable to replace him with someone who can deliver a consistent winner (yes, I am including Whaley). I don't care about individual players hits or misses, I care about the W-L record.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

If by that you mean "hasn't drafted a franchise QB", then yes.

In every other aspect, they aren't even remotely similar

Both doubled down investing crazy amounts into skill possessions and obsession with running backs after drafting "their" QB that everyone knew wasn't fit to start in the league, with constant revolving holes at the offensive line position. Sounds pretty similar.

Greggo and Marrone two similar coaches then everyone hated Mularkey and ran him out of town in a couple of years...now what the casuals are doing to Rex

Scheme changes which have created controversy but this time it was going from 34 to 43 that was the source of controversy.

I could go on and on...scary similar...but Wilson never let Donahoe get in cap trouble like we are sitting now going into the 2016 season.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

If by that you mean "hasn't drafted a franchise QB", then yes.

In every other aspect, they aren't even remotely similar

I think they are similar in terms of both being aggressive and both being good talent evaluators. Unlike the other GMs we have had, TD and Whaley both were aggressive on draft days. TD loved to trade down too, which I loved. I think nate Clements was snagged as a result of a trade down.

Both guys were also aggressive in getting QBs (EJ, Losman, Bledsoe). There is only so much you can do as a GM though if you aren't lucky enough to land a franchise QB.

Both doubled down investing crazy amounts into skill possessions and obsession with running backs after drafting "their" QB that everyone knew wasn't fit to start in the league, with constant revolving holes at the offensive line position. Sounds pretty similar.

Greggo and Marrone two similar coaches then everyone hated Mularkey and ran him out of town in a couple of years...now what the casuals are doing to Rex

Scheme changes which have created controversy but this time it was going from 34 to 43 that was the source of controversy.

I could go on and on...scary similar...but Wilson never let Donahoe get in cap trouble like we are sitting now going into the 2016 season.

I've thought about this too... Whaley and Donahoe are flashy and aggressive, which is annoying -- but at the same time, built the competitive teams of the drought.

I don't agree on drafting skill over QB for Whaley

He gave EJ time; it's not as though he looked wholly incompetent as a rookie.

Also, the team isn't in cap trouble. They have a very manageable cap situation. Some overpaid vets will be let go, which is--as I believe you know--a function of diminishing returns as opposed to lack of cap space.

Yep.

I would take TD over DW though, he was truly hampered by having to directly deal with the worst owner in the league, just wrecked his career.

Yep.

I would take TD over DW though, he was truly hampered by having to directly deal with the worst owner in the league, just wrecked his career.

i agree that donahoe was hampered by wilson for sure, not sure how i feel about his tenure here.. i liked the bledsoe deal, and like i said previously, williams pick as coach was a crucial miss.

Edited by dwight in philly