12-28: Eric Wood and Rex Ryan on WGR

26CornerBlitz

12-28: ERIC WOOD WITH THE BULLDOG ON WGR (21:18)

@EWood70 makes his weekly appearance next. We'll see what he has to say about the Bills Super Bowl this Sunday.

Wood - It's a good win, it's enjoyable. We wanted to establish a run game, and we did well. #Bills

Wood on Gillislee - He's done a great job. He's an explosive, complete runner... I'm excited for him #Bills

Wood - I have a lot of respect for Bill Polian, but his comments seemed a bit out of touch... But he's entitled to his own opinion. #Bills

Wood - Continuity is huge... I'm very excited about the system we have under Greg Roman... I have confidence in group we have. #Bills

Wood on Tyrod - It's crazy to me that he's played so well. You want your QB to be one of the stronger voices on the team... (Cont.)

Wood on Tyrod (cont.) - ...Tyrod will do a great job leading

Wood - We know we have to be all in, and I think we took a step in the right direction this week #Bills

Wood - I wish there was playoff implications for us this Sunday... Definitely would have been the primetime game for sure. #Bills

12-28: REX RYAN WITH THE BULLDOG ON WGR (13:58)

Tune in to WGR right now as Bills head coach Rex Ryan is live with the Bulldog for his weekly appearance on Buffalo Football Monday!

Ryan - To get a win like we did, under the circumstances, was huge for us #Bills

Ryan on the defense - We've been working hard & trying to get better every week. We understand it didn't go the way we anticipated. #Bills

Ryan on practice squaders - These guys have been working hard for this opportunity... Liked the way they stepped up & played their very best

Ryan - Doesn't look like we'll be as healthy [vs. NY]... I don't think we're in good shape, but this group will give it everything they got.

Ryan on Gillislee - He's faster when people are chasing him. He's been a huge addition, and looks like he'll have a future here. #Bills

Ryan on "meaningless" last game of the season - It's my first in Buffalo, & hopefully it'll be my last. But we want to win this game. #Bills

Rex realizes and readily admits that he talked far too much this season with respect to setting sky high expectations. Lesson learned?

Rex realizes and readily admits that he talked far too much this season with respect to setting sky high expectations. Lesson learned?

Why didn't he learned it after all the Jets stuff? It's cool if you back it up but you look like an idiot when you fall on your face. Like signing garbage IK to troll the Jets.

I'm for giving him another year but I never thought I'd be disappointed with the Bills than I was last year. Rex seems like a great dude but he needs to get control of his team and copy Belichick. Less is more Rex.

Let's hope, he can't blame the front office this time! Good coaches have to be willing to incorporate change when it's needed. We'll see.

They could take the same Rex sound bites and play them every week. No one would notice.

Let's hope, he can't blame the front office this time! Good coaches have to be willing to incorporate change when it's needed. We'll see.

the funny thing is that I watched all his press conferences, etc and I always thought he meant they would get to the playoffs at some point (soon, during his tenure) but didn't actually guarantee this year. I guess I missed something. I do remember him being asked by reporters if he thought they would make it and he said he thought they would, but all coaches answer that way. They don't say "I don't know, maybe!" But maybe I just missed the guarantee or perceived it differently.

You must have missed his tenure with the Jets. And what were the "circumstances" Rex wants us to consider that made this win so unbelievably great? That we were playing the Cowboys 4th string QB at home?

the funny thing is that I watched all his press conferences, etc and I always thought he meant they would get to the playoffs at some point (soon, during his tenure) but didn't actually guarantee this year. I guess I missed something. I do remember him being asked by reporters if he thought they would make it and he said he thought they would, but all coaches answer that way. They don't say "I don't know, maybe!" But maybe I just missed the guarantee or perceived it differently.

in his introductory presser, he told his team to "get ready" and "start preparing now" now because they were "going to be playing games in January". Unless he meant skins games on the course, I assume he meant playoff games. He later said that getting to the playoffs and being a SB contender are the same thing.

He said "We play defense based on our personnel, not just the scheme. I don’t try to put a square peg in a round hole". And "I think I’ve been around enough to adjust based on the players that I have, the talents of the players that I have and it’ll be no different this year".

He said they were going to be the number 1 defense. He said they were going to "outprepare" every other team. He also said they were going to be "doing things that a fundamental thing that I’ve always believed in is doing what your players do best (sic)". And "Recognize maybe some limitations that your players have but focus on the strengths of those players".

He also said "I’m not a mediocre coach and anybody that thinks so, I would challenge them with that."

" I think all through this process you’re seeing coaches get opportunities to be a head coach. Dennis Thurman will be at the top of the list in a very short time."

"we’re not going to get pushed around. We’re not going to get pushed around. I can promise you that. We will not be pushed around"

Essentially everything he said turned out to be false.

Lets hope he has learned a bit.

He does not need to be humble. no head coach in the NFL should.

But as almost EVERYONE has noticed, He does need to tone his rhetoric down.

I get it. he has the highest of hopes.

That's not enough.

Proper planning and execution would be fine by me.

Take a break Rex and reconsider the season.

Lets hope he has learned a bit.

He does not need to be humble. no head coach in the NFL should.

But as almost EVERYONE has noticed, He does need to tone his rhetoric down.

I get it. he has the highest of hopes.

That's not enough.

Proper planning and execution would be fine by me.

Take a break Rex and reconsider the season.

He'd be the first Ryan coach who could learn to tone down all of the bravado. It really would be a welcomed change if he could let his team do most of their talking through their play on the field. To date, its like father, like sons.

This is what Jets fans said after the 2011 season.

Rex will never change.

He'll sell himself a bit, but it will be more of the same. He sells better than he coaches, I'm afraid.

I'd LOVE to be wrong.

Edited by Augie

You might be right.

But being 54 years of age. this last year was the most influential year of my life.

Don't close doors Scott.

ya never know.

Ah, you're a spring chicken! What do you know?

I hope you're right. Miracles can happen. And I hope it was "influential" in a very good way for you!

Edited by Augie

This team wasn't going anywhere before the injuries occurred.

I'd be shocked.

But chances are Rex won't change and this team will be looking at another mediocre season come next year.

I cannot think like that.

The percentages may well be in your favor though.

Not one to put blinders on, or pound koolaid. but i never get ahead of myself.

Mucho work to do for The Bills. but that is every year and it aint just Rex. It has been every season since forever. Some folks live on the glory of making it to the SB 4 times. That is not satisfactory whatsoever. I still am pissed.

So its not just Rex to be pissed at. its just another one to be pissed at.

wasted negative energy.

i think likely they will learn and improve. thats all i will think

Ah, you're a spring chicken! What do you know?

(I hope you're right. Miracles can happen.)

Augie, i know nearly enough, and yet almost nothing.

conundrum indeed

But being 54 years of age. this last year was the most influential year of my life.

Don't close doors Scott.

ya never know.

Did you change your defensive scheme?