Hoodie Outsmarts Himself

Casey D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Won the OT toss and elected to kick off. Jets take ball, score 6 and win. He should have cheated.

I saw this and I think the official blew it.

I heard the official say "you want to kick" or some variation of that, and I believe the Patriots guy thought he said "you want the kick", and responded with "yes we want to kick that way" thinking they were going to get the kick.

The official should have never suggested an option. Blown call, and the pats fans are going to whine a lot now. The officials are out to get them you know.

Edited by What a Tuel

I heard the official say "you want to kick" or some variation of that, and I believe the Patriots guy thought he said "you want the kick", and responded with "yes we want to kick that way" thinking they were going to get the kick.

The official should have never suggested an option. Blown call, and the pats fans are going to whine a lot now. The officials are out to get them you know.

Bad karma I guess.

Your both wrong. The player blew it. He clearly said kick. I replayed it right after it happened. No doubt in my mind.

I do think that hoodie has the team so conditioned to defer that it caused the player to screw the pooch but to think he wanted to kick is nonsense.

nope

Slater says he checked a few times with Belichick to make sure he wanted to kick if they won the toss. "There's not much to it."

He actually said this post game? I replayed it too, then what was his confusion? Why would Belichick want to kick? I guess he did outsmart himself

My tweets aren't posting right but

@mikegarafalo

Slater says Belichick told them to kick off. Only confusion was whether they got to choose direction.

Slater says he checked a few times with Belichick to make sure he wanted to kick if they won the toss. "There's not much to it."

Pats fans saying he did it on purpose to get Jets in playoffs and Steelers out

My tweets aren't posting right but

@mikegarafalo

Slater says Belichick told them to kick off. Only confusion was whether they got to choose direction.

Pats fans saying he did it on purpose to get Jets in playoffs and Steelers out

Interesting thought. I would certainly rather play the Jets than the Steelers despite their loss to the Ravens somehow.

Your both wrong. The player blew it. He clearly said kick. I replayed it right after it happened. No doubt in my mind.

I do think that hoodie has the team so conditioned to defer that it caused the player to screw the pooch but to think he wanted to kick is nonsense.

Apparently it is not nonsense.

My heart breaks. :lol: