Polian Willing to Help Bills, But Doesn't Want Czar Role

26CornerBlitz

Michael Silver has it figures out:

@MikeSilver

I'm sure Bill is trying to hook it up for his son, failed Colts GM Chris

I agree. Which is why I don't want Polian around. I think all of these "leaks" are coming from him or people close to him with their own agenda. If it really is coming from inside the building the Pegula's need to run a sting operation and get to the bottom of who it is. This is the second year in a row we hear about issues between management and coaches.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

senility has set in.

if he gives advice some one with football operations exp better filter his thoughts.

Be careful Kim and Terry. lets not make it worse

and yes it could be

Polian wasn't writing the report

How about getting a free agent QB that was named a pro bowl alternate after 12 starts?

Flutie?

‏@thurmanthomas

Woods, Kiko, Shady, Kid rock, manny, Corbin, Robey, Hughes, Watkins, Rambo, Colton, Corey, Spikes, Darby, Miller, TT, Richie, Clay..#Whaley

Who is Kid Rock? Karlos?

Why is backup QB so important and constantly mentioned? There are many more important things to be concerned about.

Name the backups around the league? Name the QB that has gone down and cost his team the playoffs this year? Dalton? The best backups in the league Matt Moore in Miami, Derek Anderson in Carolina, Peyton Manning in Denver. I would not put any chance of a run on Moore. I would only put stock on Anderson and Manning. Guys like Landry Jones and Geno Smiff would not get a team to the playoffs to save their life.

ironically, the main reason Bill and his son were jettisoned from Indy was because they failed to fulfill that statement he made about having a true backup.

They didn't "tank." They didn't have a team that could succeed without manning. Polian didn't care whether they got luck or not. He didn't want to cut manning. And he was back and forth on even taking luck.

and while there is no reason you'd take anyone else but Luck he has been uninspiring, to be honest.

Pete Carroll has a solid relationship with GM John Schneider in Seattle and doesn't report to the latter. Bill Belichick runs it all in NE with assistance from Floyd Reece running personnel. The issue isn't ensuring the GM has control, it's the personalities involved and clearly Doug Whaley doesn't get along with HCs. I would agree the org chart isn't suitable primarily because the owner isn't there supervising the GM and HC. That then raises the subject of a football "Czar", a position somewhat new to the NFL but one brought on by the changing nature of the NFL. The league has advanced tremendously the past decade and a classic org chart of HC reporting to GM and GM to owner may not work any longer. Seattle, New England, and a few others have embraced the change is have succeeded with it.

John Scheider and Tom Wopat had a much better relationship.

Don't be so sure this is gonna happen.

And there is no clear or major conflict between Doug and Rex.

Polian might be trusted, but only to a degree by Pegulas.

The only real negative energy emanating from the locker room seems to be from a player who is on his way out.

jw

This is why you get the moonshine. Glad to know you're not blind, yet. Always next year!

If I did have a question about all of this with the suggestion of Polian coming in and the ideas that the Bills need help with transitioning a culture of losing - 16 years worth - it would be wondering who in this whole organization is realistic enough to know that they're a part of the problem and new blood is needed?!

Edited by Boyst62

Polian wasn't writing the report

Flutie?

Who is Kid Rock? Karlos?

Name the backups around the league? Name the QB that has gone down and cost his team the playoffs this year? Dalton? The best backups in the league Matt Moore in Miami, Derek Anderson in Carolina, Peyton Manning in Denver. I would not put any chance of a run on Moore. I would only put stock on Anderson and Manning. Guys like Landry Jones and Geno Smiff would not get a team to the playoffs to save their life.

and while there is no reason you'd take anyone else but Luck he has been uninspiring, to be honest.

John Scheider and Tom Wopat had a much better relationship.

This is why you get the moonshine. Glad to know you're not blind, yet. Always next year!

If I did have a question about all of this with the suggestion of Polian coming in and the ideas that the Bills need help with transitioning a culture of losing - 16 years worth - it would be wondering who in this whole organization is realistic enough to know that they're a part of the problem and new blood is needed?!

Come on Boyst, Kid Rock is Carpenter.

" it would be wondering who in this whole organization is realistic enough to know that they're a part of the problem and new blood is needed?! "

interesting thought

does it take much sense to put together a report on the goings on of our team?

yes, i think it it takes a whole hell of alot of attention to details, and not just a comforting concept of change.

this organization has something wrong at its core. Some thought it was Ralph and i thinks thats unfair. But somewhere in the catacombs something still stinks

" it would be wondering who in this whole organization is realistic enough to know that they're a part of the problem and new blood is needed?! "

interesting thought

yes, i think it it takes a whole hell of alot of attention to details, and not just a comforting concept of change.

this organization has something wrong at its core. Some thought it was Ralph and i thinks thats unfair. But somewhere in the catacombs something still stinks

it isn't a big deal to have someone simply come in and point fingers at what is wrong and needs to be fixed; CNN and FSN do this very well.

Finding the remedy is what we need to do.

Don't be so sure this is gonna happen.

And there is no clear or major conflict between Doug and Rex.

Polian might be trusted, but only to a degree by Pegulas.

The only real negative energy emanating from the locker room seems to be from a player who is on his way out.

jw

I thought Polian's comments came off as asking through the media for a job. Strange, but I'm not advocating for him based on the analysis he's provided.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if no moves are made nor if some heads managed to roll.

It does seem though that the personnel leader isn't thrilled with the coaches use of certain players. I guess we'll wait until after the season

Thank jw.

‏@SalSports

Doug Whaley on story re him/Greg Roman: "Why would I not want a guy here who went from 26th to 13th in offense and leads league in rushing?"

Whaley said he has no idea where stories re: Roman would come from other than people connecting dots that aren't there or making stuff up.

Whaley cited his background w/Steelers to why Roman story makes no sense. Run ball well with young/inexperienced QB = What he believes in

Whaley also told me (as he said previously) they like Tyrod's development but won't hesitate to protect themselves incase he's not the guy.

#damagecontrol

Yeah, I'd let the architect of 4 Super Bowl teams back in the building - my God - why not?!!!

Nothing against Whaley - I think the guy has done a decent (not great, but very decent) job of bringing in talent and would like to have him around, but no way I wouldn't let Polian in. If that offends anyone on the current staff - too damn bad. He's earned whatever role he is given and no one else really can say that.

What do you mean reined in a bit? How and why? Has he stepped out of the GM boundries?

Maybe reined in was a poor choice of words...

Look...I like Whaley...I would not fire him...But it's not like the guy is perfect either...I was not a big fan of the Sammy trade...I fundamentally disagree with giving up a future #1 to trade up for anything other than a QB...And I feel like Whaley should have known better...I said I would prefer to keep him...But maybe he's so perfect he can't be constructively criticized?

How about getting a free agent QB that was named a pro bowl alternate after 12 starts?

I'm glad you're sold on TT...Really I am and I hope you're right...I'm not...I'm guardedly optimistic... But I want to keep pushing hard for an upgrade whenever possible... That's all...

Edited by KOKBILLS

Can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not. There are not enough quality starters yet everyone wants a good backup.

Can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not. There are not enough quality starters yet everyone wants a good backup.

agreeing with you.

there are probably less than 16 quality qb's in the league without thinking of it, that is.

lets try this:

rivers

dalton

brady

roethlisberger

cutler

romo

brees

rodgers

wilson

newton

ryan

manning

luck

flacco

palmer

stafford

that's just 16 that I would consider true starting calibre, and I barely include newton in that category. skin of his teeth i tell ya.

agreeing with you.

there are probably less than 16 quality qb's in the league without thinking of it, that is.

lets try this:

that's just 16 that I would consider true starting calibre, and I barely include newton in that category. skin of his teeth i tell ya.

:huh: Have you seen him play this year?

:huh: Have you seen him play this year?

:rolleyes:

Whenever football is on he closes his eyes so he can engage in informed discussion. :lol:

i don't think he gets the joke this has turned in to, similar to the joke of a football player newton is. <_<

This is great news to hear and the one man that Pegula should listen to about building a winning team above everyone else is Bill Polian! I agree with everything he has to say on the team, and would so love to have him as a senior adviser to the team. Pegula is brilliant for listening to him. I was wondering who the adviser was that it stated in the news that Terry Pegula was talking to someone.

He loves the Buffalo Bills and the Bills fans and only wants to see a winning team in Buffalo again. Gotta love the guy for that

This whole Polian thing is lame if you ask me...

Pegs is smart enough...If I'm the Bills owner there is no way I'm getting rid of Whaley unless I have a major-viable replacement, and there's no way I'm keeping Rex...

I just think Whaley has to be reined in a bit...My conversation with him would be something like..."I don't want to hear about being in purgatory, I just want to hear how we're going to get out of it..."

As far as Rex is concerned the worry that it could actually get a lot worse before it gets better trumps my belief that he can fix it fast enough...I don't believe in the guys ability as a HC anymore...I thought he would be a nice fit...I was dead wrong... B-)

Total agreement