Kyle Williams - team wants him back in 2016, per Sal

YoloinOhio

He's one of the few vocal leaders on the team and in the locker room. He's very athletic for a guy his size. He's been here his whole career. And he can fit into the defense both as a 3rd down NT, and a 5 technique DE. I would not get rid of him unless we had to.

*drops mic* :thumbsup:

Bold is a great point. Regardless of the 7(?) DCs he has played under, he has always performed.

Good. He was playing well. He's a fighter and a leader and does everything right, always.

And Lord knows with whats been said in a couple of statements coming out of one Bills drive the team needs leaders !!

Last year Kyle, Fred, Wood, & A. Williams were the leaders of the team & this season all but Wood is gone so that may explain why those statements are true ...

I thought Shady might be a leader on the team but every time he opens his mouth its to bash some one rather than build them up . Good player - bad leader !!

I would like to see Williams back, even if just for one season, he's not that expensive and provides veteran leadership and a good team attitude that we sorely need.

I agree. I cringe when I see comments about parting ways with Mario AND Kyle. That would be real trouble. Finding capable (much less quality) DE and DT players is difficult enough, but throwing two new (and probably young) ones into the mix at the same time is a lot to ask.

Fair enough on the coach speak comment. Regardless of their plans, that's what you say now. But I don't know that Kyle takes a pay cut, or that he's asked to do that. He's making $6.5M in 2016 and $6.8M in 2017 (the prorated signing bonus is a sunk cost). What're they going to agree to do to that contract? He could make less than that anywhere. I think the team is speaking truthfully. They want him here - if he's healthy. There's the rub because there's a real chance he won't be. $500k of his compensation in '16 & '17 is a roster bonus due on the 5th day of the season, so we'll know by March. They've got to decide by then.

I still dont understand why Rex cant just play 4-3 and just let our Buffalos charge?

• 2 weeks later...

Was Kyle W the Mario whisperer???

When you are at games, Kyle, Mario, & Dareus are constantly working on techniques and talking. Kyle is definitely the vocal leader. He was a huge loss for this defense and I bet he is the one guy who could have gotten in Mario's ear.

When you are at games, Kyle, Mario, & Dareus are constantly working on techniques and talking. Kyle is definitely the vocal leader. He was a huge loss for this defense and I bet he is the one guy who could have gotten in Mario's ear.

Makes sense. That's basically what Leodis said.

Kyle got rolled up on by his own player< so injury propensity beyond the defective achilles is nil .

Rex said when Kyle went out they had to change up too.

I sooo loathe those here that are managing the cap for the Bills.

You do everything to keep him.

I am now thinking when Kyle went down is when Mario lost his barometer. Because Kyle called out the line play and Mario called it back to the LBs. when that connection was severed Bills lost continuity.

Did anyone notice that Mario called out adjustments directly to Preston during the Jets game? Delicate balance right there.

Those that think Kyle is too old have no Faith.

Edited by 3rdand12

Kyle got rolled up on by his own player< so injury propensity beyond the defective achilles is nil .

I am now thinking when Kyle went down is when Mario lost his barometer. Because Kyle called out the line play and Mario called it back to the LBs. when that connection was severed Bills lost continuity.

Did anyone notice that Mario called out adjustments directly to Preston during the Jets game? Delicate balance right there.

i agree. I know he's one of my favorite Bills ever and it's skewing my opinion but dear lord we need him back and I think he's still a big time player.

i agree. I know he's one of my favorite Bills ever and it's skewing my opinion but dear lord we need him back and I think he's still a big time player.

Rex will want him back. don't worry for that.

all motor meatball

I can deal with all the other departures, but Couch Potato is good for at least one more year. One of my favorites over the years. If it's Kyle's last year, next season, playoffs are a must. He and Freddy deserved as much but Fred didn't get his chance. Here's hoping we're good enough next year.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

I can deal with all the other departures, but Couch Potato is good for at least one more year. One of my favorites over the years. If it's Kyle's last year, next season, playoffs are a must. He and Freddy deserved as much but Fred didn't get his chance. Here's hoping we're good enough next year.

Cheers !

Let the Potato roll on downhill !!

agree with the Fred sentiment.

if we ever go SB again, bring him back for the game at least : )