Boobie reiterates what some of us knew...

The Big Cat

You contribute virtually nothing except snark and sarcasm that's rarely, if ever, intelligent or constructive to conversation.

I don't get embarrassed around internet strangers.

No, you just call out internet strangers personally and shout down anyone who disagrees with you. And you post LAMP "I need to take a break from TBD life because it's just too much!" hilarity. What're you, 0-4 on Bills coaches? Forgive me for not bowing down to your nonsense on your path to 0-5. Let me know when Jauron, Gailey and Marrone all get enshrined.

Also, pointing out your hypocrisy with snark is constructive conversation. You can't handle the fact that virtually everything you say is self-selected opinion. You ignore the negatives and call everyone who disagrees with you the "rabid masses." Meanwhile, you've been touting the "our coaches are fine and great!" line for years, regime after regime. We get it, you'll always defend the Bills coaches til they're fired and out of football. Next coach, you'll again not form any of your own opinions, but rather take your post on the wall. You're not being constructive by repeating the same talking points every year, no matter the regime.

Finally, calling any poster out personally is the mark of a child, or someone so desperate for ground to stand on, they lob up a Hail Mary. It's the white flag. And you've waved it loud and clear. Can't wait for the 2017 defense campaign of Jeff Fisher or some other retread hack. I'm sure we'll all know where you stand.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you just call out internet strangers personally and shout down anyone who disagrees with you. And you post LAMP "I need to take a break from TBD life because it's just too much!" hilarity. What're you, 0-4 on Bills coaches? Forgive me for not bowing down to your nonsense on your path to 0-5. Let me know when Jauron, Gailey and Marrone all get enshrined.

Also, pointing out your hypocrisy with snark is constructive conversation. You can't handle the fact that virtually everything you say is self-selected opinion. You ignore the negatives and call everyone who disagrees with you the "rabid masses." Meanwhile, you've been touting the "our coaches are fine and great!" line for years, regime after regime. We get it, you'll always defend the Bills coaches til they're fired and out of football. Next coach, you'll again not form any of your own opinions, but rather take your post on the wall. You're not being constructive by repeating the same talking points every year, no matter the regime.

Finally, calling any poster out personally is the mark of a child, or someone so desperate for ground to stand on, they lob up a Hail Mary. It's the white flag. And you've waved it loud and clear. Can't wait for the 2017 defense campaign of Jeff Fisher or some other retread hack. I'm sure we'll all know where you stand.

You post an awful lot about me. Why do I get the sense you have my posts taped to your locker?

To be fair to BC....you do come off as a miserable internet stranger.

the real team leaders were Kyle Williams & Fred Jackson.

Mario is too soft spoken and spent the year sulking over schemes.

Shady seems aloof to his current teamies and left his heart in philly.

Hughes tried to be a leader...but it's hard for sane people to follow a nut case.

TT & Sammy were not confident "enough" this season. I expect that to change next year.

Yup. Do the players share blame for the issue? Sure. Does creating that atmosphere fall strongly on a head coach? Definitely. It's not a new issue for Rex.

The problem is Rex doesn't have guys like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Bart Scott, etc that nobody dares cross in that locker room and they hold players to a higher standard...we don't have that here...it's kinda like anything goes...if you study film a lot great, if you do a little fine...as long as the coaches don't say anything, none of the players will either...

That won't work until you have guys that aren't going to tolerate that BS from the other players and they know they better get fall in line or face their wrath...

You typically will get what is expected from people...if you don't expect a lot and hold them accountable for it, you typically won't get much. Anyone who has worked with good and bad managers knows exactly what I am talking about. Same group of employees, totally different results. Why? Because one expects a lot from them and the other doesn't.

Edited by matter2003

Football character.

Marv preached it and, unfortunately, it isn't something that can be instilled by a coach. Good teams have it in spades, teams that consistently struggle simply don't.

I am not surprised after watching the run for the bus the other day. First and foremost, a team has to play for each other. Forget winning the division, reaching the playoffs, etc. It starts with the foxhole mentality that you are all in it for each other. And when one of your highest paid and most talented defenders is leading the run to the bus, it's doubly bad. It is imperative that your stars set the example. Ours didn't. At least on the defensive side of things.

GO BILLS!!!

Football character.

Marv preached it and, unfortunately, it isn't something that can be instilled by a coach. Good teams have it in spades, teams that consistently struggle simply don't.

I am not surprised after watching the run for the bus the other day. First and foremost, a team has to play for each other. Forget winning the division, reaching the playoffs, etc. It starts with the foxhole mentality that you are all in it for each other. And when one of your highest paid and most talented defenders is leading the run to the bus, it's doubly bad. It is imperative that your stars set the example. Ours didn't. At least on the defensive side of things.

GO BILLS!!!

Perhaps the best thing I saw last Sunday was how hard TT played. He was playing like he has all season. Taking hits getting first downs, hanging in the pocket getting hit. A positive in a sea of negatives.

Perhaps the best thing I saw last Sunday was how hard TT played. He was playing like he has all season. Taking hits getting first downs, hanging in the pocket getting hit. A positive in a sea of negatives.

Agree entirely. It bodes well when your QB is one of those "football character" guys. I'm not sure he has the talent to match yet, but he seems to possess the one thing necessary to succeed if he does.

GO BILLS!!!

What do the rest of the guys that don't play think?

That being on the bottom of a losing team's roster is a pretty !@#$ing good gig...and to ride it out as long as they can... As usual, the fans of this team care more about the outcome than the players. How in the !@#$ do Brady and Belicheat do it? That team seems to care about the outcome....

Edited by JoeF

That Rex failed because he never called players-only meetings for his team?

Makes sense.

Wouldn't smart coach though see this is going on and try to do something about it? Maybe he did, but if so, he failed miserably.

He could have the team elect a captain for example. That might help. Something like that. Rex is not the victim here. He's the coach/leader.

Cutting Fred of course didn't help.

Wouldn't smart coach though see this is going on and try to do something about it? Maybe he did, but if so, he failed miserably.

He could have the team elect a captain for example. That might help. Something like that. Rex is not the victim here. He's the coach/leader.

Cutting Fred of course didn't help.

i prefer season long captains vs Gameday captains ... Not that it ever helped the Bills before though

They haven't called a players only meeting because there is no clear cut leader on the team. Fred was IT, but he's gone. Eric Wood is close, but he's not it.

It should be obvious who the leader in the room is. Unfortunately for the Bills, there is no guy yet. Hopefully someone will ascend to this position, until then, we'll have pockets of togetherness led by guys like Wood. But until there's a clear-cut guy who's the leader, the Bills will struggle.

Hopefully the adversity known as the "2015 season" will be this team's "Bickering Bills" moment - when Jim Kelly's Bills turned their fortunes around.

I think in order to fix this problem I would look at the FA list of the defending SB champs this year, and sign the best, most productive one. Someone the guys can look up to because he's done it. The only one we have now is Tyrod and evidently he's not a leader. Spikes could have been that guy, but we cut him too.

Aaron Williams wants to be leader. That's cool. But the leader is the leader because he leads and people follow him. If they ain't following him now, good luck.