Cap Casualties and Defensive Free Agents 3 Jets?

Mikie2times

Cap Casualties with savings over 700k

I would think these are likely

Mario Williams- Cap Savings 12.9 million

Dan Carpenter- Cap Savings 1.7 million

Anthony Dixon- Cap Savings 1.2 million

Marquise Goodwin- Cap Savings 710k

Given who we sign, how injuries heal,I think these are possible

Kyle Williams- Cap Savings 5.0 Million

Eric Wood- Cap Savings 2.5 Million

Leodis McKelvin- Cap Savings 3.9 Million

Manny Lawson Cap Savings 2.7 Million

Kraig Urbik Cap Savings 1.8 Million

Key Free Agents: Richie Incognito, Cody Glenn, Bradham, Alex Carrington

Free Agents to consider on Defense

NT- Damon Harrison, Haloti Ngata, BJ Raji among others. This is a deep class of 3-4 NT's. Slip in an actual 3-4 NT and Dareus can move over to DE and be more of a Wilkerson type player.

OLB- Calvin Pace is a former Rex player, old. Maybe worth a 1 year deal if he comes cheaper than Manny.

MLB: Demario Davis is another former Rex player and is much more in the mold of the ILB you want in this scheme

Harrison and Davis are both young, both would make an instant impact. Pace just seems like a possible swap for Manny depending on money. Neither are solutions, we just likely need one more year out of either. At this point I see Mario as gone and the likelihood of us building toward a 3-4 roster as strong. If Rex gets canned one day that's fine, let's have a solid 3-4 roster built out for his replacement. (Who with our luck will play the 4-3)

• 2 weeks later...

No No No. No more !@#$!ng Jets...they can have Rex and all their old $h!tty coaches back too along with IK

I remember Jets fans said the same thing about the Bills right after they brought in Chan & Fitz.

Can't we cut rex instead??

Wrong thread(s).

Cap Casualties with savings over 700k

I would think these are likely

Mario Williams- Cap Savings 12.9 million

Dan Carpenter- Cap Savings 1.7 million

Anthony Dixon- Cap Savings 1.2 million

Marquise Goodwin- Cap Savings 710k

Given who we sign, how injuries heal,I think these are possible

Kyle Williams- Cap Savings 5.0 Million

Eric Wood- Cap Savings 2.5 Million

Leodis McKelvin- Cap Savings 3.9 Million

Manny Lawson Cap Savings 2.7 Million

Kraig Urbik Cap Savings 1.8 Million

Key Free Agents: Richie Incognito, Cody Glenn, Bradham, Alex Carrington

Free Agents to consider on Defense

NT- Damon Harrison, Haloti Ngata, BJ Raji among others. This is a deep class of 3-4 NT's. Slip in an actual 3-4 NT and Dareus can move over to DE and be more of a Wilkerson type player.

OLB- Calvin Pace is a former Rex player, old. Maybe worth a 1 year deal if he comes cheaper than Manny.

MLB: Demario Davis is another former Rex player and is much more in the mold of the ILB you want in this scheme

Harrison and Davis are both young, both would make an instant impact. Pace just seems like a possible swap for Manny depending on money. Neither are solutions, we just likely need one more year out of either. At this point I see Mario as gone and the likelihood of us building toward a 3-4 roster as strong. If Rex gets canned one day that's fine, let's have a solid 3-4 roster built out for his replacement. (Who with our luck will play the 4-3)

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. It's always fun watching Whaley target guys, I'm excited to see where we go.

Everyone always dogs on Urbik; he is still our best RG

Miller was definitely a bigger liability this year than Urbrik. Virtually no dropoff when the rookie's out. In fact, the line seems to improve.

What I want to see on defense is scheme specific veterans brought in on short, cheap deals.

No rookies on defense next year.......no excuses for Rex.....and if he fails then the new staff isn't stuck with any long term deals for guys that aren't scheme versatile.

Edited by #BADOL

What I want to see on defense is scheme specific veterans brought in on short, cheap deals.

No rookies on defense next year.......no excuses for Rex.....and if he fails then the new staff isn't stuck with any long term deals for guys that aren't scheme versatile.

Wow!

I for one cannot see how Jarred Allen or A'Shaun Robinson can fail.

Allen is 6'3/313 and can get to the qb.

Robinson is 6'3/312, and is like a brick wall. Let me put it like this: John Miller would probably be hospitalized after a game against Robinson.

Also, I think that MLB Reggie Ragland is good in coverage and VERY good against the run. He is however harder to rate because he plays behind a DL unit which probably has 4 or 5 future NFL players. I kid you not.

Dont forget about cutting Harvin too. Wood and Urbik stick, Kyle(and Clay, and Leodis) restructure IMO

Harvin's last two years voided so he is automatically gone at the season's technical end. Obviously he could be re-signed, but that's incredibly unlikely.

Clay's restructure will move $7.5M into future years.

First round safety, huh?

I am on a weak blood pressure medication. I guess I should consult my doctor before the draft.

If he pans out as an All-Pro, we can let him walk after 4 years instead of overpaying. I'll take whatever you're getting.

If he pans out as an All-Pro, we can let him walk after 4 years instead of overpaying. I'll take whatever you're getting.

I was calm after the Darby pick but that was a second rounder.

A first round defensive back or running back in 2016 would probably destroy us for another few years.

I was calm after the Darby pick but that was a second rounder.

A first round defensive back or running back in 2016 would probably destroy us for another few years.

Too early to bash the draft picks. Let's see who they bring in March. Agree with Badol, Rex will go after long in tooth veterans.