BADOLBILZ

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Shady doesn't make big plays. :lol:

He doesn't. It's a statistical fact.

But at least he is tough in short yardage....right? :doh:

I know you've sold him as a top 3 RB in the NFL.......where do you think he ranks this season?

The comparison to Shady in Buffalo's past is Thurman. But Thurman was much better in the passing game and much better in short yardage. And I'm not talking about top of the league Thurman....I am talking about later career Thurman who was nowhere near a top 10 RB any longer.

I know you've sold him as a top 3 RB in the NFL.......where do you think he ranks this season?

The comparison to Shady in Buffalo's past is Thurman. But Thurman was much better in the passing game and much better in short yardage. And I'm not talking about top of the league Thurman....I am talking about later career Thurman who was nowhere near a top 10 RB any longer.

Stop. You're making yourself look silly.

As many of you know, I've been a vocal detractor of the LeSean McCoy acquisition.

I made my points this summer and early in the season and all I could do was let the season play out.

Though I wish I was wrong, I was not.

I am wondering if the picture is coming into focus for some of you.

LeSean is nowhere near being a superstar. Not close.

He is a nice back. He is VERY entertaining but he is barely above average in terms of production.

For all his shiftiness......he doesn't make big plays.......he's a singles hitter.........and combine that with his frequent net-zero runs and inability to be physical in short yardage and you understand why a guy with such fancy feet lead the NFL in FEWEST yards per play in 2014.

I know there are many people still in denial.....like I said, he is entertaining......but it is not just a coincidence that less than great backs like Karlos and Gilliislee come in and regularly make big runs while Shady has one big play(48 yarder in home game versus Miami) to show for 200 plus carries.

We all know this is NOT a great OL. But the plays are there.......other backs are making them.

The OTHER backs are also more physical.

If you are going to run for 4.2-4.4 ypc like Shady has 3 of the past 4 seasons......then one would hope that a physical toll is being exacted on the defense.

With Shady there is NONE of that.

McCoy was a bad scheme fit for this offense.

There is no inside game with him in there and we saw the past two weeks that opponents familiar with McCoy knew this and rendered him relatively ineffective.

I am not saying that Karlos or Gillislee are the answers......but IMO, two years of average production from McCoy prove to me that he is NOT.

And now, the Bills are on the hook for $20M+ in guaranteed money for him going forward.

right on, with all of it.

The comparison to Shady in Buffalo's past is Thurman. But Thurman was much better in the passing game and much better in short yardage. And I'm not talking about top of the league Thurman....I am talking about later career Thurman who was nowhere near a top 10 RB any longer. ado

Bado.....

Im gonna part with a nasty secret......didnt even really like you at at first.....but as time went on started respecting your opinion on a lot of things and agreeing with a lot to

but

THis thing with Shady I just dont friggen get it......dont pull up and B word after the RB is pulling 100 yard games out his ass in a string of games....then just pull the damn thing up when he takes a injury.

I touched on those points earlier in the season as well.

You NEED big plays from a scatback.

So fiddling around 15-20 players per game with a slap-hitter who struts like a slugger like Shady is counterproductive.

I will also add that for all the talk about being a multi-purpose back, he lacks the ball skills to make plays on wheel routes and deeper throws that real dual-purpose backs do.

2016 will be his last season in Buffalo and guaranteeing 2/3 of his 5 year contract......knowing full well that he was an average producer at a cheap and easy to fill position.....was a lousy decision.

There are way bigger problems on our team than McCoy. McCoy Is still one of the best players on the team

THis has not even been talked about in the weeks after he came back from the Hammy Bado

You know what im saying man

I know what you are saying.......you want an excuse not to discuss it.

I've been more than fair letting the season play out.

It's not like he hasn't been unproductive 2 of the prior 3 games as well.

I told Greggy back in the summer that he would end up producing near a league average level.........and thru 14 games he has produced at a 4.4ypc clip.....hasn't scored TD's and hasn't made big plays.

The killer for me is that big plays are there and he just can't make them.

Re-watch the Philly game and listen to Wilcots talk about how Shady needs to stick his foot in the ground and cut it up........and then Gilislee comes in and does it and takes a long TD run to the post.

Everything with Shady gravitates to the sideline.

Often it's resulted in him negotiating for 6-10 yard gains, which look nice and fans are impressed..........but it's hard to score TD's when you are trying to get out of bounds.

Take a closer look.

Thurman was also a fantastic pass blocker. ;)

I know what you are saying.......you want an excuse not to discuss it.

I've been more than fair letting the season play out.

It's not like he hasn't been unproductive 2 of the prior 3 games as well.

I told Greggy back in the summer that he would end up producing near a league average level.........and thru 14 games he has produced at a 4.4ypc clip.....hasn't scored TD's and hasn't made big plays.

The killer for me is that big plays are there and he just can't make them.

Re-watch the Philly game and listen to Wilcots talk about how Shady needs to stick his foot in the ground and cut it up........and then Gilislee comes in and does it and takes a long TD run to the post.

Everything with Shady gravitates to the sideline.

Often it's resulted in him negotiating for 6-10 yard gains, which look nice and fans are impressed..........but it's hard to score TD's when you are trying to get out of bounds.

Take a closer look.

No doubt on the Gillespie TD shady floats that over to the sidelines for 3 yard gain. But yeah a lot of shuckin and jivin which drives the fans wild

The "answer" to a running game is a good oline and north-south guys who can hit the hole.

Understood about the OL. But how is Karlos not a north-south guy who can hit the hole?

38-yard TD

41-yard TD

26-yard TD

To me, a good RB is a threat in the passing game, too.

He's tied with Sammy for team TDs and has averaged 5.7 yards per carry. Why shouldn't he play? Because he was a late-round pick?

This is shameful. Why didn't you make this post while shady rattled off 8 straight 100 yard games ?

Congrats on the injury and one bad game. You win the prisoner of the moment award.

I've been attacked by you for my criticisms of Stevie Johnson and CJ Spiller in the past.

You'd think that some people would learn not to trust their opinion.......but I give you credit for unwavering confidence.

BTW.......in the wake of not even being able to get on the field in New Orleans......does anyone still question my long controversial take that CJ Spiller struggled here because of a lack of intelligence?

I make light of my track record for takes on this board....I know it irritates some of you that I point it out.....and that's a bonus......but the truth is that I am usually right.

The facts on McCoy are right in front of you guys.

Understood about the OL. But how is Karlos not a north-south guy who can hit the hole?

38-yard TD

41-yard TD

26-yard TD

To me, a good RB is a threat in the passing game, too.

He's tied with Sammy for team TDs and has averaged 5.7 yards per carry. Why shouldn't he play? Because he was a late-round pick?

he is, and at 1/40th the price of shady

Edited by JTSP

I've been attacked by you for my criticisms of Stevie Johnson and CJ Spiller in the past.

You'd think that some people would learn not to trust their opinion.......but I give you credit for unwavering confidence.

BTW.......in the wake of not even being able to get on the field in New Orleans......does anyone still question my long controversial take that CJ Spiller struggled here because of a lack of intelligence?

I make light of my track record for takes on this board....I know it irritates some of you that I point it out.....and that's a bonus......but the truth is that I am usually right.

The facts on McCoy are right in front of you guys.

Your takes on shady are funny. Good timing, once again. You were quiet for the last 8 good games. We even sprinkled in a win or two along the way somehow.

Stevie for president btw. Congrats on Cj's continued suckitude.

LeShaun McCoy is a top shelf franchise running back with no dog in him.

You may not like the personality but there's nothing wrong with the player.

I don't care about him personally either way.

And I am not saying he is dogging it out there.......but if your boss pre-pays 2/3 of your salary for 5 years UP FRONT......that's going to have an effect on how much punishment you are willing to take.

His mindset is to get away from the big boys and to the sideline.....but the reality is that the big plays often involve running between those big guys.

I HATE the over complication that Roman is inserting into this offense.......but the guy knows how to design a running game.

Give Shady the Cowgirls' line to run behind and you might change see a better back. You might not. Who knows? I am not a big proponent of spending a lot of money on a back. Young hungry ones seem to be the grist for the mill. At this point doesn't much matter. Does it?

Your takes on shady are funny. Good timing, once again. You were quiet for the last 8 good games. We even sprinkled in a win or two along the way somehow.

Stevie for president btw. Congrats on Cj's continued suckitude.

Last 8 good games?

Today was the 3rd bad game in the last 4 for Shady.

The competitive part of the season officially ended today.

Give Shady the Cowgirls' line to run behind and you might change see a better back. You might not. Who knows? I am not a big proponent of spending a lot of money on a back. Young hungry ones seem to be the grist for the mill. At this point doesn't much matter. Does it?

You're right IMO unless he's legit as a franchise back and you're whole offence basically runs through him.

Great talent but not the kind of player a building team can count on, especially at his age. Shady is a bad fit in Buffalo and he clearly does not want to be here.

After his selfish and childish behavior before, during, and after the Eagles game my mind is made up on him.

He looked like crap on the short yardage runs. His backups outplayed him today. How much more convincing is needed that he is not the answer.

Shameful waste of cap space IMO.