Shining a light on Shady

BADOLBILZ

Last 8 good games?

Today was the 3rd bad game in the last 4 for Shady.

The competitive part of the season officially ended today.

The last 4 games where he went for 100 yards ? Fair enough

Jtsp agrees with you. Good luck my friend. This debate will be around in 2016. We can readdress it in time.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was another bad move by Whaley, yes Mc Coy does not have elite breakway speed. There were plays this season that he could not break and take it to the house. Not a very good trade at all

Yeah, because "The Legend" has been THAT good for the Iggles......👍

Why can't Karlos be the answer? I'd like to see a lot more of him.

I think Karlos concussion problems will result in a short career.

But he is what teams look for nowadays.

Big, fast and physical.

Look at the rushing leaders and you see a lot of physical backs.

McCoy sticks out like a sore thumb as a finesse, make-you-miss type.

IMO....the two most important things in the NFL are quarterback play and pressuring the QB.

Big RB's punish nickel defenses and slow opposing pass rushers.

McCoy provides NONE of that benefit for this team.

As many of you know, I've been a vocal detractor of the LeSean McCoy acquisition.

I made my points this summer and early in the season and all I could do was let the season play out.

Though I wish I was wrong, I was not.

I am wondering if the picture is coming into focus for some of you.

LeSean is nowhere near being a superstar. Not close.

He is a nice back. He is VERY entertaining but he is barely above average in terms of production.

For all his shiftiness......he doesn't make big plays.......he's a singles hitter.........and combine that with his frequent net-zero runs and inability to be physical in short yardage and you understand why a guy with such fancy feet lead the NFL in FEWEST yards per play in 2014.

I know there are many people still in denial.....like I said, he is entertaining......but it is not just a coincidence that less than great backs like Karlos and Gilliislee come in and regularly make big runs while Shady has one big play(48 yarder in home game versus Miami) to show for 200 plus carries.

We all know this is NOT a great OL. But the plays are there.......other backs are making them.

The OTHER backs are also more physical.

If you are going to run for 4.2-4.4 ypc like Shady has 3 of the past 4 seasons......then one would hope that a physical toll is being exacted on the defense.

With Shady there is NONE of that.

McCoy was a bad scheme fit for this offense.

There is no inside game with him in there and we saw the past two weeks that opponents familiar with McCoy knew this and rendered him relatively ineffective.

I am not saying that Karlos or Gillislee are the answers......but IMO, two years of average production from McCoy prove to me that he is NOT.

And now, the Bills are on the hook for $20M+ in guaranteed money for him going forward.

Amen brother! :thumbsup:

and the trolls come out and take over the board.

I like McCoy, but kind of agree with the OP.

Today we saw Gillipppsererever or whatever his name is run like a mofo after McCoy was hurt.

(and Ive said the same thing about SJ13 and Spiller, this makes me really like the OP)

He is still awesome and a huge asset.

Remember when he was out and Karlos was the starter early in the year. We missed Shady. I can see how Chip used to get frustrated with him always pushing it outside, but he's entertaining to watch for sure.

I get the correlation between the run D being down and McCoy being out........but Karlos was injured(concussion) in the Giants game......so the sample size where Karlos was the lead back and McCoy was out was LESS THAN ONE FULL GAME.

When Karlos went down the Bills were ill-prepared. They didn't have a capable 3rd RB. That is why the running game went to hell.

As many of you know, I've been a vocal detractor of the LeSean McCoy acquisition.

I made my points this summer and early in the season and all I could do was let the season play out.

Though I wish I was wrong, I was not.

I am wondering if the picture is coming into focus for some of you.

LeSean is nowhere near being a superstar. Not close.

He is a nice back. He is VERY entertaining but he is barely above average in terms of production.

For all his shiftiness......he doesn't make big plays.......he's a singles hitter.........and combine that with his frequent net-zero runs and inability to be physical in short yardage and you understand why a guy with such fancy feet lead the NFL in FEWEST yards per play in 2014.

I know there are many people still in denial.....like I said, he is entertaining......but it is not just a coincidence that less than great backs like Karlos and Gilliislee come in and regularly make big runs while Shady has one big play(48 yarder in home game versus Miami) to show for 200 plus carries.

We all know this is NOT a great OL. But the plays are there.......other backs are making them.

The OTHER backs are also more physical.

If you are going to run for 4.2-4.4 ypc like Shady has 3 of the past 4 seasons......then one would hope that a physical toll is being exacted on the defense.

With Shady there is NONE of that.

McCoy was a bad scheme fit for this offense.

There is no inside game with him in there and we saw the past two weeks that opponents familiar with McCoy knew this and rendered him relatively ineffective.

I am not saying that Karlos or Gillislee are the answers......but IMO, two years of average production from McCoy prove to me that he is NOT.

And now, the Bills are on the hook for $20M+ in guaranteed money for him going forward.

Shady is a superstar. Top 3 rb in football. It's not his fault the right side of our line belongs in the CFL and our defense is a sieve due to our coaching

Bado.....really wished you would not have done this after a injury when you kept your mouth shut while he was playing welll

Makes you look bad

My friend there is a difference between playing well and getting $15 million in 1 year as a RB. 112 yards rushing is nice, but you don't need to pay $15 M for that type of production. Just look around the league.......it's littered with guys who pop off for 100-150 yards quite often. The $'s the Bills invested in the RB position with the trade for McCoy embodies everything dysfunctional about the Bills. They are 15 years behind the curve. It's why we are in the middle of the longest current playoff drought in al 4 major sports leagues. It's a bozo operation, with a bozo philosphy over there at One Bills Drive. The sooner Terry Pegula starts thinking for himself and not leaning on the judgement of guys like Russ Brandon and Jim Overdorf the sooner we can end this drought. The first move that should be made is to show both of those individuals the door, and then clean house.

The original poster is dead on.

I was critical of the McCoy trade and new deal combo. It seemed a lot to give up for a player who was exceptional in another system, but was unproven in the Bills' system. But he has worked out well and that has changed my mind. We didn't get a bargain, but we are getting fair value with him. Here is the breakdown. He's:

- the 4th highest paid RB in the NFL

- 8th ranked RB in combined rushing and receiving

- 8th in rushing

- 6th in rushing yards/game

That's not out of whack. The Bills have problems, but he isn't one of them.

I was critical of the McCoy trade and new deal combo. It seemed a lot to give up for a player who was exceptional in another system, but was unproven in the Bills' system. But he has worked out well and that has changed my mind. We didn't get a bargain, but we are getting fair value with him. Here is the breakdown. He's:

- the 4th highest paid RB in the NFL

- 8th ranked RB in combined rushing and receiving

- 8th in rushing

- 6th in rushing yards/game

That's not out of whack. The Bills have problems, but he isn't one of them.

What you ignore is that it's a FIVE YEAR deal with 2/3 of the money guaranteed.

For a guy who gives you the same chance of a big play as a lunch pail guy like Chris Ivory....but imposes zero physical impact on a defense and has to come off in short yardage/goal line.

OJ was nothing special until he got an O line in front of him. McCoy is far from the problem - Rex - on this team.

Offensive lines rarely stand out as units any longer.......that's why so much was made of what Dallas did last year.

Seattle has represented the NFC in the SB for the last two years with one of the worst OL in the NFL.

Again......another reason to have a more physical RB.

This thread is pure

You as a poster are like McCoy as a RB......high volume/low impact. But with the recognition skills of CJ Spiller.....of course. :beer:

What you ignore is that it's a FIVE YEAR deal with 2/3 of the money guaranteed.

For a guy who gives you the same chance of a big play as a lunch pail guy like Chris Ivory....but imposes zero physical impact on a defense and has to come off in short yardage/goal line.

39.3% of his contract is guaranteed, so he's locked in through next season with those guarantees. His guarantee percentage is a little less than the two players above him and the two below him.

http://overthecap.com/position/running-back

Offensive lines rarely stand out as units any longer.......that's why so much was made of what Dallas did last year.

Seattle has represented the NFC in the SB for the last two years with one of the worst OL in the NFL.

Again......another reason to have a more physical RB.

You as a poster are like McCoy as a RB......high volume/low impact. But with the recognition skills of CJ Spiller.....of course. :beer:

OK sure. Nevertheless your thread is worthless crusading that no fan with any football acumen at all takes seriously.