Bills Playoff Picture...extremely bleak, but hear me out...

Estro

I hate to play the conspiracy theory card, but the NFL sets up these week 17 division games because they want them to mean something. An NFL front office employee actually admitted the NFL is entertainment business and they develop storylines, I don't have the quote, but I read it in a few places. Rex is a good story he plays well with the media, if the flags fall for the Bills for a few weeks they could easily be relevant in week 17.....

there aren't 6 good teams in the AFC could the jets lose out yep, could pitt drop to denver and baltimore yep, could kc lose out yes easily. These teams aren't seperated from us except maybe pittsburgh but they have 2 tough games. Buffalo isn't a playoff team but the AFC is really weak. Denver with an aged qb trying to hold on, KC without a passing attack but is playing a weak schedule if they leak in it's Andy Reid doing what andy Reid does in the playoffs, Jets doing just enough to get by. Colts Texans all smell then there is a banged up New England poised to make it back again. Would have been a great year to make it, but I like the direction Buffalo is headed- first year coaches and schemes make it very very tough even when it's not a strong year

Edited by CardinalScotts

I appreciate the thread and tip my cap to you for believing. But this isn't a playoff team. It doesn't belong in the playoffs. I'll find no pleasure in watching the Bills back in and get destroyed by (enter team name here ___________) in the first round. We need to get so much better top to bottom to stand a chance -- and that won't happen in less than a month. I see nothing positive or symbolic about ending "the drought" with only two minutes of rain, though I know my opinion isn't a popular one and some believe it makes me less of a fan.

I don't care WHO we lose to in the 1st round of playoffs. I just want the drought to be over.

Although I'm very upset s how season went in still rooting to win out n sneak in playoffs. And ya I'd take a wildcard round drubbing over not making it at all. If best case scenario happened and bills win tm and Pitt/kc both lost and jets lost tonight, you would see a massive resurgence of hope. Let's keep the emotional roller coaster going and do our part and win tm!

Yes my post above is very unlikely but one thing I don't agree with is everyone crowning kc wildcard kings. Yes they are winning Ina regular basis now but SD who is vying for the number 1 overall pick in the draft had them on the ropes in there own turf. They also lost 5 consecutive games earlier in the year. Andy Reid is a good coach but there beatable. So let's go Baltimore! Play tough and smart and you can win.

While Pittsburgh is on an incredible roll right now (offensively), they've been bitten by the injury bug at key positions on and of through 2015, and I think that's really our only hope. For some reason I'd feel more confident if they were facing Peyton Manning this week rather than Brock Osweiler.

As far as the Raiders go, we pretty much need to count on them being the Raiders.

The Jets should lose to the **Pats and that would set up a showdown with us in week 17 (if we take care of our business).

There, I've wasted 10 minutes of my Saturday. Happy?

I hate to play the conspiracy theory card, but the NFL sets up these week 17 division games because they want them to mean something. An NFL front office employee actually admitted the NFL is entertainment business and they develop storylines, I don't have the quote, but I read it in a few places. Rex is a good story he plays well with the media, if the flags fall for the Bills for a few weeks they could easily be relevant in week 17.....

I'm told it's certain Week 17 won't mean anything for the Bills, and that we should debate stupid hypotheticals for next season already.

Done dreaming and even caring about this team and this coach. Will listen radio feed but likely watching panthers or fishi g

I'm sorry, you'll still spend 3 hours watching football but it won't be the Bills? I thought OP would get ripped for thinking we had a chance. I'm glad that didn't happen. Sure, we're done in my mind, but he's an optimist. We need more of those. If you want to do something other than NFL football tomorrow that makes sense. But to say you'll watch a DIFFERENT game? We get 16 of these. I hate watching almost all of them. But I'll always watch the Bills. Your post is bad and you should feel bad.

Buffalo will win the next 3, Pitt will lose to Denver and then in week 17 Pittsburgh will look like they have lost but then win due to a fluke call, eliminating us from playoff contention at the last possible second. We will find a way to get stabbed in the stomach one last time in bills fashion

A reason to watch and hope. Thank You! :thumbsup:

Being sensible or logical is not a part of the definition of a "fan." :doh:

GO BILLS !!!!! :w00t:

not point in being a sensible fan. Or logical. Some illogical things happen. The Panthers are undefeated. No one saw that coming. If the Bills don't make the playoffs, I want the Panthers to win out so they do it and the Pats**** didn't.

Buffalo will win the next 3, Pitt will lose to Denver and then in week 17 Pittsburgh will look like they have lost but then win due to a fluke call, eliminating us from playoff contention at the last possible second. We will find a way to get stabbed in the stomach one last time in bills fashion

Ha, I just wrote this in another thread. We sure are a jaded bunch -- but with good justification.

not point in being a sensible fan. Or logical. Some illogical things happen. The Panthers are undefeated. No one saw that coming. If the Bills don't make the playoffs, I want the Panthers to win out so they do it and the Pats**** didn't.

I want the Panthers to win out so Shula and his '72 buddies can choke on their champagne or diet Coke or whatever the hell they claim they're not drinking when they celebrate the loss of the last unbeaten team in a given season.

Before I went to bed, I set my mind to seeing the future and how this goes....

Pittsburgh and Buffalo were the wildcard teams.

Bills vs Bengals (without Dalton)

Steelers vs Texans

Steelers and Bills won. Denver had #1 seed, so Broncos/Bills and Patriots* Steelers

So book it?

Finishing strong at this point would be good. Never mind the other teams, they'll finish where they finish. Three straight wins here would help set up some momentum into next year, especially if we can beat the Jets in week 17. The fans, players & coaches will feel better about things if this can happen.

Have a great holiday season everyone, and Go Bills!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What about Oakland?

Oakland will have to win out beating Green Bay and Kansas City, (and San Diego). Although they do have the tie breaker on us, so if they accomplish that then they will get in over us.

As for the OP, I'm in with you! Honestly, I know we are all sick of the playoff drought, but this self loathing is pretty irritating. People need to quit crying and root for their team.

Edited by What a Tuel

the beginning of the end was when they lost to the Jags ( thanks phantom call on Robey ).

But yes, the end was losing to KC.

Sorry but I am not sold on that notion. Can we not blame everything on the backup and an early season loss. May I show you some examples of good teams overcoming early season losses?

Houston started in a hole 2-5 and now lead their division and they had a QB switch or two.

The Chiefs were 1-5 before they got their ducks in a row.

The Seahawks were 2-4 and now sit @ 9-5 and and have the 5th seed.

Oh and BTW the Jags have 1 less win than the Bills. The Jags have scored 132 points in the last 4 games, the Bills 97. The JAGS are 11th in total points, Buffalo 12th, and in PPG the JAGS are 12th the Buffalo 13th.

Edited by NOVABillsFan