So..... The million dollar question my wife asked today...

mellaman101

Maybe. It's not the Bills that are making me question being a STH but the league itself. Frankly it is really hard to stomach this league of billionaire greedy **** owners, their constant drive to squeeze every last nickel from fans, and their disconnect from reality when it comes to their game and its role in America. Throw in this generation of selfish, ignorant, and entitled players and man it's hard to care. And I do care less every single year, that's not for shock value, that's true. Maybe 5 years ago I'd watch a few games a week, 10 I'd watch the 1, 4 and 8:30 game plus MNF. This year I watched Bills games. It's just passing me by because I don't care. That's on the league not on me! They're losing me.

See you all at the Ralph in September... sometimes I can't stop myself from myself.

Maybe. It's not the Bills that are making me question being a STH but the league itself. Frankly it is really hard to stomach this league of billionaire greedy **** owners, their constant drive to squeeze every last nickel from fans, and their disconnect from reality when it comes to their game and its role in America. Throw in this generation of selfish, ignorant, and entitled players and man it's hard to care. And I do care less every single year, that's not for shock value, that's true. Maybe 5 years ago I'd watch a few games a week, 10 I'd watch the 1, 4 and 8:30 game plus MNF. This year I watched Bills games. It's just passing me by because I don't care. That's on the league not on me! They're losing me.

See you all at the Ralph in September... sometimes I can't stop myself from myself.

Well said...my feelings exactly. We have had a lot heaped on us as fans:

PSL's on already publicly-funded stadiums

Celebrations on well-executed routine plays

The over-produced, over-dramatized TV coverage

The insufferable announcers

Celebrity owners

The horrid officiating

fantasy coverage on television broadcasts

Fan Duel and Draft Kings

The tinkering with long standing aspects of the game

Commissioner ordering the spygate evidence destroyed

Brady's cell phone

The tuck rule

Concussion denial

The war on defense

London/Toronto

The pink and the camo: we get it...we get it.

Thurs Night Games

Concession and merchandise pricing

What's a catch? Nobody knows but let's let a whole bunch of games be decided by different interpretations.

With all of that, I will not miss a Bills game.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

Maybe. It's not the Bills that are making me question being a STH but the league itself. Frankly it is really hard to stomach this league of billionaire greedy **** owners, their constant drive to squeeze every last nickel from fans, and their disconnect from reality when it comes to their game and its role in America. Throw in this generation of selfish, ignorant, and entitled players and man it's hard to care. And I do care less every single year, that's not for shock value, that's true. Maybe 5 years ago I'd watch a few games a week, 10 I'd watch the 1, 4 and 8:30 game plus MNF. This year I watched Bills games. It's just passing me by because I don't care. That's on the league not on me! They're losing me. See you all at the Ralph in September... sometimes I can't stop myself from myself.

Maybe. It's not the Bills that are making me question being a STH but the league itself. Frankly it is really hard to stomach this league of billionaire greedy **** owners, their constant drive to squeeze every last nickel from fans, and their disconnect from reality when it comes to their game and its role in America. Throw in this generation of selfish, ignorant, and entitled players and man it's hard to care. And I do care less every single year, that's not for shock value, that's true. Maybe 5 years ago I'd watch a few games a week, 10 I'd watch the 1, 4 and 8:30 game plus MNF. This year I watched Bills games. It's just passing me by because I don't care. That's on the league not on me! They're losing me. See you all at the Ralph in September... sometimes I can't stop myself from myself.

I used to watch all games broadcasted on TV like you. From 1pm, 4pm, 8:30pm, Monday nighter and Thursday Nighter.

Thursday night games should be cancelled. Let the players have a week off. How can you play on Sunday, and properly prepare for a Thursday game. ( watered down product )

Also, Its hard to watch a game with so many stops and commercials and no flow.

Yesterday I didnt even watch the crapfest they had on TV ( Rams vs Bucs )

Anyways...

GO BEELS!

Well said...my feelings exactly. We have had a lot heaped on us as fans:

PSL's on already publicly-funded stadiums

Celebrations on well-executed routine plays

The over-produced, over-dramatized TV coverage

The insufferable announcers

Celebrity owners

The horrid officiating

fantasy coverage on television broadcasts

Fan Duel and Draft Kings

The tinkering with long standing aspects of the game

Commissioner ordering the spygate evidence destroyed

Brady's cell phone

The tuck rule

Concussion denial

The war on defense

London/Toronto

The pink and the camo: we get it...we get it.

Thurs Night Games

Concession and merchandise pricing

What's a catch? Nobody knows but let's let a whole bunch of games be decided by different interpretations.

With all of that, I will not miss a Bills game.

I agree with some of these being annoying, but tinkering with long standing aspects of the game is not one of them.

Goal Posts in the end zone? Genius. Lets put more people in the hospital.

The extra point from the 2 ? Ridiculous. A complete waste of time in the old format, now it means something.

2 point conversion? Great add. Keeps games more interesting and exciting.

Overtime rules? Love it. They fixed the unfair advantage of simply winning the coin flip in OT, now it's fair and more skill-based than luck.

Safety measures? (Defenseless receiver, launching at the qb/head hits, concussion protocols etc.) All smart moves, its crazy it took so long.

Replay? Yeah it still takes too long, and incredibly some teams still don't have the right system for determining challenges (ahem), but I'm glad it's here to stay.

Sideline lasers to determine 1st downs immediately instead of CHAINS ON STICKS, invented in medieval times? (oops, i've said too much, you'll have to wait and see)

I see lots of smart, logical changes to the game except the kickoff distance change, which I will never agree with. And cutting off beer sales in the second half of the game, which is stupid. They should cut off beer sales in the first half, when everyone still has a nice buzz, then open the beer sales for the halftime and second half, which is when everyone's buzz is starting to fade and people actually need a beer because the other team out-coached us and made better halftime adjustments and it looks like we're gonna lose again.

Edited by Webster Guy

I agree with some of these being annoying, but tinkering with long standing aspects of the game is not one of them.

Goal Posts in the end zone? Genius. Lets put more people in the hospital.

The extra point from the 2 ? Ridiculous. A complete waste of time in the old format, now it means something.

2 point conversion? Great add. Keeps games more interesting and exciting.

Overtime rules? Love it. They fixed the unfair advantage of simply winning the coin flip in OT, now it's fair and more skill-based than luck.

Safety measures? (Defenseless receiver, launching at the qb/head hits, concussion protocols etc.) All smart moves, its crazy it took so long.

Replay? Yeah it still takes too long, and incredibly some teams still don't have the right system for determining challenges (ahem), but I'm glad it's here to stay.

Sideline lasers to determine 1st downs immediately instead of CHAINS ON STICKS, invented in medieval times? (oops, i've said too much, you'll have to wait and see)

I see lots of smart, logical changes to the game except the kickoff distance change, which I will never agree with. And cutting off beer sales in the second half of the game, which is stupid. They should cut off beer sales in the first half, when everyone still has a nice buzz, then open the beer sales for the halftime and second half, which is when everyone's buzz is starting to fade and people actually need a beer because the other team out-coached us and made better halftime adjustments and it looks like we're gonna lose again.

:w00t::w00t:

Also - Very true on the positive adds - nice work.

I used to watch all games broadcasted on TV like you. From 1pm, 4pm, 8:30pm, Monday nighter and Thursday Nighter.

Thursday night games should be cancelled. Let the players have a week off. How can you play on Sunday, and properly prepare for a Thursday game. ( watered down product )

Anyways...

GO BEELS!

This is kind of where I am. Thinking back this year I really haven't utilized my st package at all. I haven't watched a monday night or thursday night game all year(except when the bills played). I used be a Sunday 1, 4 & 8:30 guy. I will watch the Bills & that is about it now. I have season tickets but only went to 3 games so far. Probably won't go to the jets game unless it means something. The NFL just isn't that interesting to me anymore. I love watching college football on Saturdays. My passion for that has not changed over the years. I find it more interesting than ever.

This is kind of where I am. Thinking back this year I really haven't utilized my st package at all. I haven't watched a monday night or thursday night game all year(except when the bills played). I used be a Sunday 1, 4 & 8:30 guy. I will watch the Bills & that is about it now. I have season tickets but only went to 3 games so far. Probably won't go to the jets game unless it means something. The NFL just isn't that interesting to me anymore. I love watching college football on Saturdays. My passion for that has not changed over the years. I find it more interesting than ever.

I am trending in the same direction....I don't miss a Bills game on TV, but that's about the only games I sit down and take in anymore. I renewed the RedZone channel again this year and have probably watched it for a total of an hour this season. Even NFL news, if its not in the AFC East I really don't bother paying attention.

I had a run of about 15 years or so where I've made a game (or two) at the Ralf every year (4.5 hour drive)....however I haven't been in the past 2. Though I do blame part of that on being busy with small kids now, but at the same time I'm happy catching the game while puttering around in the garage.

Don't get me wrong, I do get excited for the Bills, but after that there's not much.

You married a good woman. Well she gets a pass on the whole Steelers fan thing but questioning your financial priorities is very sound.

Anyways...

GO BEELS!

I gave up a few years ago. It's become unwatchable. I was in a bar week 2 and the Thursday night game came on. I said "are they playing every Thursday now?" The guy next to me said "I'm from Australia and even I know that!" !@#$ you!! LOL.

Many good points here in regards to the league and it's evolution. I watch every Bills game and go to as many as I can. What is sad though is even when the Bills are playing a night game, it can be hard to watch. The stoppages and commercials are excruciating.

Due to this I enjoy watching the Bills in bars in the afternoon games. At least that way I can look away for the hour or so of crap commercials.

I was going to start a thread of NFL pet peeves during the bye week. Many of these have been identified and discussed in other threads. However, a few that don't seem to be mentioned are:

1) When I penalty is called, I always want to see the replay of it. More than 50% of the time they don't show it. This drives me mad and leads to more of the NFL ref conspiracy theories.

2) NFL Mobile, the NFL's app, is a complete joke. It is riddled with commercials and crap and is difficult to find simple information. I resort to "Score" which seems to be better despite not being funded by a billion dollar company.

3) The commercials are insane. Nothing more frustrating then the commercial break after a score. Then the commercial after the kickoff. Sometimes they even squeeze in more in between score and extra point.

Lots more but I have to get on a flight. Happy holidays everyone.