Dareus: Bills Jumped the Gun on the Rex Ryan Hype

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is saying nothing more than some of us have been saying....they are moving in the right direction and it was foolish to believe it would have worked 100% in the first year...nothing to see here. this team is a good work in progress and will be more than fine

Ya think?

@viccarucci

Marcell Dareus says #Bills "jumped the gun" on preseason hype sparked by hiring of Rex Ryan: http://bit.ly/1MfwxGJ

Fans too. There were only a handful of people on this website that thought they would be about the same team as they were last year in terms of record.

It was blasphemy to say they would be around 8-8/9-7 and not making the playoffs prior to the season.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

he is saying nothing more than some of us have been saying....they are moving in the right direction and it was foolish to believe it would have worked 100% in the first year...nothing to see here. this team is a good work in progress and will be more than fine

I hope they can start playing with more focused attention to detail and discipline as opposed to fire and emotion. But I'm not sure that Rex is capable of having this team make that transformation to find the necessary balance between the two.

His excuse that it's the first year of Rex's system is pathetically weak as Pettine and Schwartz both got their systems installed with not only good results but also improved the defense from the previous year

It's also ridiculous if Rex's playbook is that big and complicated

I hope they can start playing with more focused attention to detail and discipline as opposed to fire and emotion. But I'm not sure that Rex is capable of having this team make that transformation to find the necessary balance between the two.

Those 2009 and 2010 Jets teams played with all 3 at a very high level.

It get's to a point where it really comes down to the players and not the coaches. There have been two consecutive regimes now that can't fix the penalty problem with this roster.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I don't think he's bickering. I think he, like many of us, got carried away by the hype. Understandable after the emotional year that was 2014.

It's like finally signing Jim Kelly and expecting a turnaround right away. After 2 back-to-back 2-14 seasons the Bills went 4-12 in 1986, 7-8 in 1987, and 12-4 in 1988. During those years they added a good coach (Levy, mid-1986), and staff, and schemes, and players. The rest is history.

Rex took the Jets to a couple of championships in spite of everything. Much as I am sick unto death of "rebuilding", this is a rebuilding year where progress was actually made in terms of quality of talent. Tyrod's no Kelly, but arguably he doesn't need to be if the rest of the team plays to its potential.

I was hopeful for a playoff berth (didn't expect to go far in the playoffs) but just about every bad thing I've seen in this team is something that they can control and correct. If they don't - well, then I'll revisit my position.

And things like that

I work in telecom, and the large historic carrier I work for has a saying "You can always find better, but you can't find more expensive"

I'll rework that here to "You can find better teams, but I promise you wont find a more penalized one" and the dumb fans eat it up