Week 15: Washington Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

All I am going to say is the Jets lose to New England. Pittsburgh loses to Denver this week and then goes on the road to Baltimore. Pitt and Baltimore seem to split every year regardless of their records. So I am not ready to throw in the towel. 3 weeks is 3 weeks.

I like your optimism, and I too, am hoping for this to happen. Both scenarios are realistic. Let's just hope Buffalo takes care of business against a Redskins team that has looked pretty good at FedEx Field...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watkins first two seasons likely to be the best in Bills history

1216-watkins-bills-records.jpg

Sammy Watkins missed a couple of games due to injury and has had a few others in which his targets were down, but it won't keep the Bills top wideout from putting up the franchise's best ever receiving figures in his first two seasons.

:lol:

I actually look forward to watching the good teams play football at a high level in the playoffs.

I miss having the Bills in the playoffs but it is a welcome relief to watch good teams play the game at a high level and slug it out for 60 minutes.

That NFC championships the past two years have been great viewing.

This. After watching the Bills bumble and stumble their way through the season, it is a pleasure to watch playoff football. It reminds you of how the game should be played.

All I hope for now is losing out while Tyrod improves. I can't wait to see the look on Rex's face when the Jets beat us to go to the playoffs....too freaking funny. I don't like anything about this team right now and it may be the most I have ever disliked a Bills team. There is zero connection and apathy has set in again before the end of the season. Way to go guys!

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - Karlos Williams, Nigel Bradham both limited in practice today. Gilmore out for practice. #Bills

Rex - Mario called in sick will not practice today. Hoping Seantrel Henderson can practice. #Bills

Rex - Charles Clay is a wait and see this week to see how he progresses in return from back injury. #Bills

Rex - on defense- I think we're doing a much better job in terms of communication. We hope for better results. Haven't got there yet. #Bills

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Rex Ryan with old school holiday sweater choice at presser @wgrz

CWW7ZNSXAAESxUc.jpg

#Bills Rex Ryan said it's "ugly holiday sweater day" in the building. "I thought the vest was appropriate." @wgrz

#Bills Rex Ryan on defense: "Our numbers haven't been what I expected... that falls directly on me." @wgrz

#Bills Rex Ryan: "It falls on my lap... I'm not going to point fingers." @wgrz

#Bills Rex Ryan: Will certainly look at changes (players) on defense after the season... right now three games left.... "band-aid" approach.

#Bills Rex Ryan on Richie Incognito: "He manned up and owned it" after Sunday's loss. @wgrz

#Bills Rex Ryan on Mario Williams: "Has not checked out." Not practicing today with illness. @wgrz

#Bills Rex Ryan on Tyrod Taylor: "I think he's well on his way to earning" a true leadership role. @wgrz

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan on defense: Hey, the numbers aren't where we want them to be. I think it just comes down to coaching.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: I know we have the talent. We haven't measured up statistically. Hasn't been for a lack of effort.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: This is the first time I've ever been considered the weakness of the team.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: Everybody anticipated us being a great defense. Why? Because they were great last year.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan being a little sarcastic: My scheme is clearly too complicated to play. That's the issue here.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: I think I'm an above average coach, maybe.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: I know I'll try to be better. This league is always changing. The stats are ugly.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: Mario had a foot injury that has slowed him down. But he doesn't use it as an excuse. He hasn't checked out.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: Has Mario had a great year statistically? No. But you know what, he plays. He's out there, and wants to compete.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: I think Tyrod sees the field pretty good. I don't think he locks on to half-field. He's a complete quarterback.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: We may be barely breathing, but we've got [a pulse]

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: If we win this week, guess what? We're still in this thing. We have to win all three to have snowball's chance.

@SalSports

Injuries, Rex: "We've got a few guys still healthy." Karlos Williams limited today with shoulder. Nigel limited. Clay see how he progresses

Mario Williams called at 5am and is out with an illness today. Not at facility.

Rex says defense "falls on my lap. No doubt about that."

Rex: "Maybe I set the expectations (too) high. But I always set them high" for the defense.

Rex says he loves that Incognito took ownership and "manned up" to his play Sunday. But it wasn't even close to as bad as Richie said....

Rex on Incognito: He should be the #1 guard going to the Pro Bowl.

Rex on Mario: "He had a foot injury that slowed him down. But he doesn't use it as an excuse....he hasn't checked out."

Rex on Tyrod: "I expected to get a lot out of him. Did I expect him to be the 5th rated QB? Probably not."

.....I feel good (Tyrod) being our QB moving forward....I'm happy he is our QB" - Rex Ryan

Rex was asked about how this presser feeling like a post-season one, no one has asked about the Redskins....

He said he's just answering what's asked and "I'm just getting ripped for being a bad coach or something."

Finally asked about Redskins, Rex (sarcastically): "I didn't realize we had a game this week"

@JonTWCNews

That 20+ minute Rex Ryan press conference was all about his responsibility to under achieving results. He took it all. #Bills

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blog: #Bills HC Rex Ryan says this is the first time he's been considered the weakness ... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/16/rex-ryan-this-is-the-first-time-ive-been-considered-the-weakness/

No, no, no. One thing that I have learned about this board, if you don't post 80+ times a day then your opinion is dumb and you have no place posting on this board.

Sorry, but this is a dumb post. Each post stands or falls on its own merit irrespective of who the poster is.

@TyDunne

That "Aha!" moment comes too late for #Bills players in Rex Ryan's scheme... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/15/its-a-little-late-but-defense-starting-to-get-ryans-scheme/

@BuffaloBillsPR

#MarchingToWashington: The @buffalobills have won 6 straight games against the #Redskins. The #Bills also hold a 8-4 all-time record v. WAS.

@lizclarketweet

As expected, Skins WR DJackson looking on @ practice after injuring L kneecap v Chicago Sunday. Gruden to update status later today

@Redskins

Despite knee injury, @DeSeanJackson11 expects to play on Sunday vs. Bills. READ | http://redsk.in/1NTjPCR

CWW6lxGWIAEmM7w.jpg

@BuffaloBillsPR

The @buffalobills have signed DE Max Valles and placed CB Stephon Gilmore on season ending IR.

@SalSports

Jordan Mills takes 1st team RT snap to start practice again. Groy takes 2nd team RT. No Henderson.

@ChrisBrownBills

No Gilmore, Henderson, Clay or Mario here for practice. #Bills

Brooks, Karlos and Bradham all participating. #Bills

Info on DE/OLB Max Valles: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/max-valles?id=2552685

@SilverBlakPride

#Bills sign sixth round rookie Max Valles off #Raiders practice squad http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2015/12/16/10296756/buffalo-bills-sign-sixth-round-rookie-max-valles-off-oakland-raiders-practice-squad

CWXQ7cNW4AEuSr5.jpg

@JoeBuscaglia

New #Bills DE Max Valles was practicing with the LBs. Ideal build for a 3-4 OLB, not really a 4-3 DE.

So the last three defensive signings for the Bills: a nose tackle, a 5-technique DE, and a 3-4 OLB. Changes, they're a comin'. #Bills

@ChrisBrownBills

More on Gilmore's move to I-R & newly signed DE/OLB Max Valles. #Bills http://ow.ly/VZ3Uv

@AroundTheNFL

Rex Ryan takes blame for Bills D: 'I'm the guy it should fall on' http://at.nfl.com/zgBon3V

@buffalobills

McCoy on Sunday's loss: "You lose a game, you're obviously mad and disappointed, but you move on. New opponent."

CWXgpIGUEAA8YVM.jpg

@buffalobills

On playing close to home: "Excited to go to Washington this week and play in front of a lot of family and friends."

CWXi1AHUEAATToW.jpg

@MatthewFairburn

LeSean McCoy said not only did he not get a phone call from Chip Kelly but he wouldn't have hung up on him.

@JoeBuscaglia

Asked about kissing the Eagles logo, LeSean McCoy said "that was last week. We've got the Redskins this week." #Bills

@JonahJavad

LeSean McCoy speaking for first time since loss in Philly: "I wanted to win the game. Pissed off." #Bills

LeSean McCoy: "In crunch time, we had to be sharp. Had to be perfect." Frustrated with penalties vs. Eagles. #Bills

Tyrod Taylor: "As far as me being better in the 4th quarter, I think it's more of a team thing than just me." #Bills

CWXjTK_UsAAzqtR.jpg

Sad that many will feel that way and I cannot blame them.

26CB -keep it up brother. I am disappointed and frustrated by the season. I will watch the game, evaluate the effort and embrace the fact that I am a Bills fan. Anyone who asks you "Who Cares" or "Why Watch" is a hypocrite because if they didn't care or want to watch why would they be on TBD posting.

Edited by BuffaloMatt

Guess we'll see you next season.

26 Corner, can you really blame him?

I'm a diehard, and by Sunday I will watch the game, but I feel the same as him. 1/3 of my life the Bills have sucked. I'm so sick of getting excited tog et my heart ripped out over and over again.

That's not fandom, it's foolishness or a sickness. I need an antibiotic for the bills. I don't care if there are side effects.

My solution is my two boys who do love the Bills, also each have a team for many years. One loves the Broncos, and the other is a fanatic over the Cardinals. We all love our Bucs, but we're not much better there, so I'll root for Carson Palmer, Fitzy, Peyton to finish on top and at least beat Brady (wouldn't that be nice even if they lose the next game), Von Miller and so on.

I'm sure I'll lose this feeling of hopelessness by next summer and hopelessly root for our team again, and most likely with Rex, start pulling my hair out again by October.

Guys, find an alternate team. Maybe not one you bleed for like our Bills, but a team you can at least not have your heart ripped out every gosh darn year!!!!!