NFL.com: Whaley says "Incognito Should Be CPOY Candidate"

26CornerBlitz

Bills GM: Incognito should be CPOY candidate

There was a time not too long ago when many assumed we'd seen the last of Richie Incognito.

The veteran guard had been the face of the Dolphins' embarrassing locker room bullying scandal of 2012, a Ted Wells investigation revealing Incognito to be the ringleader of extensive harassment against former teammate Jonathan Martin. It was a very bad look.

Incognito was out of football for 18 months when the Buffalo Bills called him up last offseason. New Bills coach Rex Ryan has never been afraid to hand out second chances, and Incognito was once a Pro Bowl guard with the Dolphins. The Bills took a shot.

He should be, but the I'll bet he won't be in the running at all.

Not really the kind of comeback that gets players awards

The CPOY award usually goes to players coming back from injury or having a resurgence in productivity after a down year or two. Coming back from suspension or banishment doesn't really fall into that category.

Edited by Max997

The CPOY award usually goes to players coming back from injury or having a resurgence in productivity after a down year or two.

Typically that is the case. It would be embarrassing for the league if he won or was listed as a candidate, so it won't happen anyway. Regardless of that he's deserving.

The CPOY award usually goes to players coming back from injury or having a resurgence in productivity after a down year or two. Coming back from suspension or banishment doesn't really fall into that category.

Maybe it should be a considered. A man errs in his actions and comes out of his punishment in a positive fashion. I think that's a great example to set, maybe show a troubled kid that things can change.

Only other guy that I think could get close is Carson Palmer. Everything else in the league is QB-driven and he's been nothing short of remarkable this year.

i thought about him as well, but can't remember how many games he actually was out after he got hurt. I thought he played about half the season.