The chemistry on deep balls to Sammy... A huge development

YoloinOhio

Those two create a scary combination. One of Pittsburgh's legitimate threats each play.

lets hope TT and SW get to spend a couple more years together and get that " chemistry " dialed in.

Keep Tyrod please. Bills might really have a daring duo in Tyrod and Watkins.

Keep Tyrod but look for a legit starting QB in 2016, one who knows what a real passing game looks like.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep Tyrod but look for a legit starting QB in 2016, one who knows what a real passing game looks like.

I was thinking solid prospect. But i have no problem with improving the roster!!

I think these guys got a late start in Romans program, and are still working on getting to know each other. Have come a long way since Colts game.

But i would like to add some new receivers to the roster. Like everyone not named Watkins lol

Watkins was injured in pre-season. It has taken a while to build the chemistry. Watkins did not make plays (or did not get an opportunity) early in the season and we were winning then. Now Watkins in his true form, sadly the bills can't convert that success to team wins.

Not having Clay has hurt Tyrod the past two weeks. This team does not have a legitimate 2nd WR. Woods is becoming a 3rd WR. Hogan has been off-form for the past month, dropping several key plays.

Watkins was injured in pre-season. It has taken a while to build the chemistry. Watkins did not make plays (or did not get an opportunity) early in the season and we were winning then. Now Watkins in his true form, sadly the bills can't convert that success to team wins.

Not having Clay has hurt Tyrod the past two weeks. This team does not have a legitimate 2nd WR. Woods is becoming a 3rd WR. Hogan has been off-form for the past month, dropping several key plays.

Hard to argue that about the "leading" receiver in Clay. If I heard that correctly the other day.

The entire operation has been bad from play calls, to execution, to on field clock management to not looking like they want to win.

@JoeBuscaglia

Sammy Watkins is turning into that dude. Last 7 games: 33 catches, 680 yards, 7 touchdowns, 20.6 yards per catch. Stud. #Bills

So we'd be talking like 70 or so catches, 1500+ yards and 15 tds if the pace kept up.

On an offense 29th in attempts and 30th in completions

Sammy once again at the top of the speed ratings. Seriously, I can't believe they keep track of crap like this. But, if he can stay healthy and away from the nagging type of injuries, the sky's the limit for this kid.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000607054

GO BILLS!!!

It's probably more telling than some of the stuff they track. Guys super talented - no denying it.

So we'd be talking like 70 or so catches, 1500+ yards and 15 tds if the pace kept up.

On an offense 29th in attempts and 30th in completions

It's probably more telling than some of the stuff they track. Guys super talented - no denying it.

It's almost criminal, isn't it?

But he's only 22 and if Taylor somehow has the light go on, he's gonna do a ton of damage in this league.

GO BILLS!!!

But he's only 22 and if Taylor somehow has the light go on, he's gonna do a ton of damage in this league.

GO BILLS!!!

Is it tyrod or Roman? They don't target him enough nor put him in formations to get the ball on the run. Always lined up outside and 0 yards after the catch.

GO BILLS!!!

one of the positives this week is that Rex said they have their QB for next year. So that's two more games, all offseason (for player-led informal workouts), OTAs , TC and PS for TT and Sammy to work together, vs him getting 1/3 of the reps leading up to this season and Sammy recovering/being hurt most of the time too.

so you dont think some of that development is on Roman?

I do. and i think you are harshing on Tyrod.

always keep a focus on QBs coming up. Even when you have one.

Hard to argue that about the "leading" receiver in Clay. If I heard that correctly the other day.

The entire operation has been bad from play calls, to execution, to on field clock management to not looking like they want to win.

and is thats TT?

agree stop throwing it to 15 in fact get him off the field

and put in whom?

we have slim pickens playing REC after SW

Is it tyrod or Roman? They don't target him enough nor put him in formations to get the ball on the run. Always lined up outside and 0 yards after the catch.

well i am not sure about that anymore. true enough early in the season, if and when they called his number

one of the positives this week is that Rex said they have their QB for next year. So that's two more games, all offseason (for player-led informal workouts), OTAs , TC and PS for TT and Sammy to work together, vs him getting 1/3 of the reps leading up to this season and Sammy recovering/being hurt most of the time too.

So Rex has admitted to recognising two pieces of the big puzzle?

Lol

These two will make great music together , honestly.

Perhaps a combination of both, but I think it's Tyrod more than Roman as routes are designed to get people open and Sammy is open nearly all the time but Taylor is reluctant. That's not to say Roman couldn't design more plays for Sammy over the middle, more slants and drags, etc., for better YAC opportunities. But again, I think that's Roman recognizing a limitation in TT and seeking to minimize risk.

GO BILLS!!!

so you dont think some of that development is on Roman?

I do. and i think you are harshing on Tyrod.

always keep a focus on QBs coming up. Even when you have one.

Today, I am not a big fan of Roman. Some of the play calling is been bad.

Excuse me if my opinion on Taylor is not as high as yours is. I like TT, but he's not shown me that he is the guy.

I've stated what I see as his biggest weaknesses over the 12 games - not scanning the entire field, not throwing a pass away when there is no lane to run and taking a sack, throwing the ball when there was a clear lane for him to get a 1st down, not throwing a pass quickly to where the routes will go, meaning he doesn't anticipate like the great ones do. He takes no risks and w/o some risks there can be no reward, and lastly he has not shown me that he is a good 2 minute drill QB.

I'm not a professional so if I am wrong my bad, but what if I am not wrong - it is only criticism not ridicule.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Again the problem is hat we can't be sure about Tyrod yet and how he was coached, his reads and what he is being told. The first 6 games he barely looked @ Watkins. The formations and play calling the second half seems to be the same almost every game. The long ball where Watkins outruns the defense. How many easy catches has he had? You know the crossing pattern in front of TT running clear, the simple 12 yard curl, a slant, an out...... Watch Odell, Julio, Antonio and the # of catches they get in space.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2015/seasontype/2

As always look at YAC and the big 3 all have approximately 30%+ of their yardage after the catch and Watkins only 13% (actually surprised it is that much as I can't remember any over 5 yards). Surprised that Hopkins hasn't many YAC either.

Today, I am not a big fan of Roman. Some of the play calling is been bad.

Excuse me if my opinion on Taylor is not as high as yours is. I like TT, but he's not shown me that he is the guy.

I've stated what I see as his biggest weaknesses over the 12 games - not scanning the entire field, not throwing a pass away when there is no lane to run and taking a sack, throwing the ball when there was a clear lane for him to get a 1st down, not throwing a pass quickly to where the routes will go, meaning he doesn't anticipate like the great ones do. He takes no risks and w/o some risks there can be no reward, and lastly he has not shown me that he is a good 2 minute drill QB.

I'm not a professional so if I am wrong my bad, but what if I am not wrong - it is only criticism not ridicule.

Again I blame Roman 60%..... This is why Whaley is upset. When you watch a pass play and TT doesn't notice at the line that Watkins is in a favorable matchup and all you ever call is Watkins up the sideline it is ridiculous. As said very few slants, over the middle or crossing patterns.

KC is the perfect example. Torches them the first half (and again 0 YAC and all passes were at or near the sideline) and the then the second half they didn't change a thing and didn't even look his way.....

As for the 2-minute and hurry-up ask Roman why it stinks and how they are clueless..... If it is TT, then yes it's a problem. The NE game they moved the ball 33 yards in 2 minutes!!!!! Vs. Philly they started with a handoff, stood around the line wasting 20 seconds, took a penalty and then looked anywhere but to Watkins......