The chemistry on deep balls to Sammy... A huge development

YoloinOhio

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And 31st in the league in pass attempts 29th in yards. Only Seattle less, but more yards.

Is this not an issue for a 6-6 team..... Don't you expect more?

Not much more when they are 10th in scoring after multiple injuries with an average defense and abysmal special teams and a brand new HC and OC and QB and RB and TE and systems.

Not much more when they are 10th in scoring after multiple injuries with an average defense and abysmal special teams and a brand new HC and OC and QB and RB and TE and systems.

but just think of the additional points scored and a better record of say 8-4 at this time.

a man can dream right?

but just think of the additional points scored and a better record of say 8-4 at this time.

a man can dream right?

Not allowed to dream. Everyone shooting down points here are excited about 6-6 and see no room for improvement.

BTW Seattle was sputtering but have finally opened up the passing game and last 4 have 240, 260, 345 & 274 (and YAC with a lousy receiving core)....... Meanwhile 240 for Buffalo is considered otherworldly.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/netPassingYardsPerGame

This is a league where you should be throwing for 275+/game...... It is not 972 (as per my name).......

Edited by Billsfan1972

A man can dream, sure, but the question was, "Don't you expect more?" ;)

Sure I do. I would like to have wins when passing for more than 30 times. Not having to do so to get wins is great too. I'd be happy with 28 ppg average.

Not allowed to dream. Everyone shooting down points here are excited about 6-6 and see no room for improvement.

BTW Seattle was sputtering but have finally opened up the passing game and last 4 have 40, 260, 345 & 274....... Meanwhile 240 for Buffalo is considered otherworldly.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/netPassingYardsPerGame

This is a league where you should be throwing for 275+/game...... It is not 972 (as per my name).......

WRT 275+/game. If your main focus is on the pass then you are easier to predict and defense against.

Consistency is the key. Do that and the passing yards per game should increase.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

BTW Seattle was sputtering but have finally opened up the passing game and last 4 have 240, 260, 345 & 274 (and YAC with a lousy receiving core)....... Meanwhile 240 for Buffalo is considered otherworldly.

What I'm saying is Seattle has the same QB and offense and Wr four about four seasons. We have ten games. And they have the defense.

What I'm saying is Seattle has the same QB and offense and Wr four about four seasons. We have ten games. And they have the defense.

I thought the Bills had a Defense too. I only used Seattle as they were struggling. What I'm saying is the Bills seem to be the only team in the NFL thrilled to be ranked 29th-31st in the league as are many posting here.

I thought the Bills had a Defense too. I only used Seattle as they were struggling. What I'm saying is the Bills seem to be the only team in the NFL thrilled to be ranked 29th-31st in the league as are many posting here.

I think most people including myself want the offense to be a little better if not a lot better. But they also think that saying they are 29-31 in the league because you are using passing yards only is a gross misrepresentation of the offense that is 10th in scoring, fourth in rushing, 16th overall, 6th in yards per pass attempt, and near the bottom in turnovers, etc.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Tangentially, I like how the Bills are stepping up their own presentation and media game on the team website. Having both these guys sit down together with Murph was a nice change from the usual one on one format of Bills Focus. The greenscreen was pretty lousy (but a nice touch) and I was hoping to see them break down some plays together with Murph, but baby steps.

I think most people including myself want the offense to be a little better if not a lot better. But they also think that saying they are 29-31 in the league because you are using passing yards only is a gross misrepresentation of the offense that is 10th in scoring, fourth in rushing, 16th overall, 6th in yards per pass attempt, and near the bottom in turnovers, etc.

No one should be happy ranking in the bottom 4 in any stats (and don't be a smartass and say turnovers, sacks allowed.....). I'd also add 2-point conversions, 3 & outs, yac and lack of targets to Sammy Watkins. :thumbdown:

No one should be happy ranking in the bottom 4 in any stats (and don't be a smartass and say turnovers, sacks allowed.....). I'd also add 2-point conversions, 3 & outs, yac and lack of targets to Sammy Watkins. :thumbdown:

Why do I care about every stat? If the team moves the ball down field and scores consistently without turning the ball over I dont care how they do it. If its mostly by the run and passing numbers suffer, so be it. The opposite is also true.

The fact that the Bills are one of the best rushing teams and also one of the best yards per pass attempt shows me that when they do pass they are fairly successful. Sure Id love a juggernaught that ammasses tons of yards but it doesnt take that to make me happy with whete the O is.

The thing I'd like to see improvement on is 3 and outs. Improve that and everything gets better: ToP, rushing yards per game and passing yards per game.

But he'll never be that due to lack of targets. It's all good because we won today, but still got a ridiculously low amount of targets.

He will. When he signs his next contract with another team. We NEED to feed him the ball or he's going to leave. He wants to be one of the greatest. Unless our coaching staff wakes up, that's not going to happen in buffalo. He's the only player in the last 10 years that I'm truly worried about leaving when his rookie deal expires. Someone will make him a top 5 paid wr. Someone may make him the highest paid in the league. We better keep that in mind wthis offseason. Sammy > everyone on our roster imo

Watkins only needs 365 more yards for 1,000...if they keep this up he could have it with a game to spare...

just so you know, we dont win or get anyhing when some receiver reaches a thousand yards. Its a totally worthless stat that can fool people into thinking someone is good while ignoring other important stats, like drops, ypc and yac...the real determinants of a quality receiver. Heck one of the worst receivers to start for the bills had 4 1000 yard seasons, barely.

just so you know, we dont win or get anyhing when some receiver reaches a thousand yards. Its a totally worthless stat that can fool people into thinking someone is good while ignoring other important stats, like drops, ypc and yac...the real determinants of a quality receiver. Heck one of the worst receivers to start for the bills had 4 1000 yard seasons, barely.

You know we don't win or anything if a WR gets a lot of yards per catch, or even after the catch! Yards simply don't matter. :lol:

Why do I care about every stat? If the team moves the ball down field and scores consistently without turning the ball over I dont care how they do it. If its mostly by the run and passing numbers suffer, so be it. The opposite is also true.

The fact that the Bills are one of the best rushing teams and also one of the best yards per pass attempt shows me that when they do pass they are fairly successful. Sure Id love a juggernaught that ammasses tons of yards but it doesnt take that to make me happy with whete the O is.

The thing I'd like to see improvement on is 3 and outs. Improve that and everything gets better: ToP, rushing yards per game and passing yards per game.

just starting to shift that needle. I dont agree the order that you have this very important items listed. But they sure do affect each other strongly

He will. When he signs his next contract with another team. We NEED to feed him the ball or he's going to leave. He wants to be one of the greatest. Unless our coaching staff wakes up, that's not going to happen in buffalo. He's the only player in the last 10 years that I'm truly worried about leaving when his rookie deal expires. Someone will make him a top 5 paid wr. Someone may make him the highest paid in the league. We better keep that in mind wthis offseason. Sammy > everyone on our roster imo

why do you worry so much so soon. Enjoy his developing relationship with TT as it blossoms. heck! this is fun as hell if you look at it just right : )

Stevie!

but you are correct. Stats be damned besides that one all being, ever encompassing, nothing else reallymatters stat.

wins

You know we don't win or anything if a WR gets a lot of yards per catch, or even after the catch! Yards simply don't matter. :lol:

what does this mean?

This

Just messing with enlightener. He has been notorious for bashing Watkins at least in the least few weeks, and I am sure his post while seemingly innocent, likely had Sammy Watkins is bad undertones. Maybe I am just reading into it too much though.

I think Enlightener is having just as much messin too.

aint nuthin wrong with that

: )

This

ball control is something the bills have strived for IMHO