Trump Alone at the Top

yes, it's common knowledge that supporting universal healthcare risks license suspension.perhaps in texas. in virginia it's ok.

I'm clearly talking about your support for the ACA, coupled with your vocal belief that it was intentionally used as a Trojan horse purposes with destroying health care delivery in America.

You vocally support sick people, most of them poor and working class, dying in order that your political preferences be enacted.

You, given your vows to "do no harm", should be prosecuted.

but wait. what about the repug nomination?

Would you answer a question about the "libtard" nomination? Maybe you'll get an answer if you stop calling them "repugs." :rolleyes:

Violating the Hippocratic Oath is not a prosecutable offense.

I'm clearly talking about your support for the ACA, coupled with your vocal belief that it was intentionally used as a Trojan horse purposes with destroying health care delivery in America.

You vocally support sick people, most of them poor and working class, dying in order that your political preferences be enacted.

said nothing about destroying healthcare delivery. i stated i believed it is a first step towards single payer. still do and still hopeful.

Incorrect. You said you felt is was designed to fail.

i think it will eventually fail, necessarily resulting in single payer and better overall health outcomes for the entire population. but i'll admit to being an optimist. it might just as well end in 2 or 3 huge, impersonal, uncaring and not publicly represented insurance corporations running everything with worse outcomes for everyone unable to pay.

Edited by birdog1960

Theoretically, Obama's plan is brilliant.

He intends to destroy as much of the system as he can, in order to force the country to come back stronger. Like burning down a house to fix a leaky roof, because the wife maxed out the credit card.

If I was really selfish, I would support single payer, because by the time it's enacted, I'll be one of the retired people mooching off the work of the healthy young'uns. Trump just wants to make us earn that retirement.

i think it will eventually fail, necessarily resulting in single payer and better overall health outcomes for the entire population. but i'll admit to being an optimist. it might just as well end in 2 or 3 huge, impersonal, uncaring and not publicly represented insurance corporations running everything with worse outcomes for everyone unable to pay.

Delusional is more like it, given how much of a failure Obamacrap has been in cutting costs, which was supposed to be its primary function. Single payer will be even worse.

Delusional is more like it, given how much of a failure Obamacrap has been in cutting costs, which was supposed to be its primary function. Single payer will be even worse.

Only because the morons that argue for socialized medicine (STOP euphemizing it with "single payer"!) still don't understand the basic economic principle that you can't control costs without controlling supply, particularly if your dumbshit plan increases demand.

You can either restrict access to health care using market forces, or restrict it via rationing and price-fixing. You can't keep prices low and provide unlimited access to a limited amount of an exclusive-use resource.

Only because the morons that argue for socialized medicine (STOP euphemizing it with "single payer"!) still don't understand the basic economic principle that you can't control costs without controlling supply, particularly if your dumbshit plan increases demand.

You can either restrict access to health care using market forces, or restrict it via rationing and price-fixing. You can't keep prices low and provide unlimited access to a limited amount of an exclusive-use resource.

It works in other countries, it can work here also

of course there will be rationing. there already is. it's economic rationing and now that copays for everything are higher those are very much in play. rationing in single payer would be more formalized - protocols, algorithms, formularies, exempted unproven treatments, strict testing intervals, less elective surgery and procedures etc.

additionally we could have a single electronic health record so that everyone could access all newly entered data decreasing redundancies. no more wasted money on advertising. no more excess capacity (too many hospital beds in some areas, to much redundant imaging equipment etc), most importantly, you could remove a layer of profit taking immediately. drug prices come screaming down witrh a national formulary. and administrators get canned by the thousands as they are no longer needed. (the number of administrators has increased exponentially in the last 20 years mostly due to the corporatization of medicine and not to the benefit of patients).

of course there will be rationing. there already is. it's economic rationing and now that copays for everything are higher those are very much in play. rationing in single payer would be more formalized - protocols, algorithms, formularies, exempted unproven treatments, strict testing intervals, less elective surgery and procedures etc.

additionally we could have a single electronic health record so that everyone could access all newly entered data decreasing redundancies. no more wasted money on advertising. no more excess capacity (too many hospital beds in some areas, to much redundant imaging equipment etc), most importantly, you could remove a layer of profit taking immediately. drug prices come screaming down witrh a national formulary. and administrators get canned by the thousands as they are no longer needed. (the number of administrators has increased exponentially in the last 20 years mostly due to the corporatization of medicine and not to the benefit of patients).

If there's one thing government run programs do, it's not waste money.