Trump Alone at the Top

some folks obviously feel trump is a racist: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11/24/the-ad-in-which-john-kasichs-campaign-seems-to-compare-donald-trump-to-hitler/

The spot features retired Air Force Col. Tom Moe speaking at an event in Ohio, the same day Trump held a rally in Columbus. Moe, who the Kasich campaign identifies as a former Vietnam POW, paraphrases a quote from Protestant pastor Martin Niemöller, taken from his lectures after World War II.

"You might not care if Donald Trump says Muslims should register with their government, because you're not one," says Moe, to an ominous soundtrack. "And you might not care if Donald Trump says he's going to round up all the Hispanic immigrants, because you're not one. And you might not care if Donald Trump says it's okay to rough up black protesters, because you're not one. And you might not care if Donald Trump wants to suppress journalists, because you're not one. But think about this: If he keeps going, and he actually becomes president, he might just get around to you. And you better hope there's someone left to help you."

Edited by birdog1960

to sum up the argument:

"You may not care if Donald Trump rounds up the criminals, because you're not one..."

well, no. it's a paraphrase of a well known speech from a german minister shortly after WW2. it's widely quoted but obviously not round here. never forget indeed.

Edited by birdog1960

Yep. Last name lynch and trump "keep out Muslims" are exactly equivalent. Moron

You're right. That is a stupid statement, implying that U of MD and the Democratic Party are the same thing.

But your party does think disagreeing with a black person is racist. Which is arguably stupider.

You're right. That is a stupid statement, implying that U of MD and the Democratic Party are the same thing.

But your party does think disagreeing with a black person is racist. Which is arguably stupider.

You see...Billy Idol gets it. I don't know why she doesn't get it.

some folks obviously feel trump is a racist: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11/24/the-ad-in-which-john-kasichs-campaign-seems-to-compare-donald-trump-to-hitler/

The spot features retired Air Force Col. Tom Moe speaking at an event in Ohio, the same day Trump held a rally in Columbus. Moe, who the Kasich campaign identifies as a former Vietnam POW, paraphrases a quote from Protestant pastor Martin Niemöller, taken from his lectures after World War II.

"You might not care if Donald Trump says Muslims should register with their government, because you're not one," says Moe, to an ominous soundtrack. "And you might not care if Donald Trump says he's going to round up all the Hispanic immigrants, because you're not one. And you might not care if Donald Trump says it's okay to rough up black protesters, because you're not one. And you might not care if Donald Trump wants to suppress journalists, because you're not one. But think about this: If he keeps going, and he actually becomes president, he might just get around to you. And you better hope there's someone left to help you."

Some folks feel reality is racist.

still don't believe it: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35066940. "even paranoids have enemies".

i think this is just republican rationalization for their eventual realization that it's not advantageous to have a party that includes so many crazies.

another nice bbc piece distilling trump's policy statements thus far: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34903577

Edited by birdog1960

It's fun to see the disingenuous libs get their panties all in a wad over Trump. They are truly worried that he might become president. Well, he's not my choice but he's certainly an upgrade over the present POTUS and the POS seeking the democrat nomination.

It's fun to see the disingenuous libs get their panties all in a wad over Trump. They are truly worried that he might become president. Well, he's not my choice but he's certainly an upgrade over the present POTUS and the POS seeking the democrat nomination.

you've got it all wrong. most liberals, i believe, would like to see trump win the repub nomination. mostly because he would be one of the easiest to beat and would be a very long shot to actually win. also because of the negative effect on the party. what disturbs me and i suspect other like thinkers is that there are so many americans willing to support him. i think we always knew it (especially after having spent time here at ppp) but to have it confirmed is a bit unnerving.

YrE8Xeb.jpg

you've got it all wrong. most liberals, i believe, would like to see trump win the repub nomination. mostly because he would be one of the easiest to beat and would be a very long shot to actually win. also because of the negative effect on the party. what disturbs me and i suspect other like thinkers is that there are so many americans willing to support him. i think we always knew it (especially after having spent time here at ppp) but to have it confirmed is a bit unnerving.

Dude, can you stop pretending that PPP is full of Trump supporters?

I don't like most of them either, but I can at least be honest about what they represent.

You're a dishonest idiot.

osmIBxB.jpg

The first bolded statement conflicts with the next.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever