Trump Alone at the Top

Gotta think Ginsberg would like those remarks back. No Justice should ever comment on an candidate--completely out of line even when the target is so inviting.

She just issued an apology, but most people know it doesn't matter...especially to someone like Trump.

To be honest, I'm kind of thankful for her idiocy. My biggest concern with the next president is the Supreme Court seats that will need to be filled. I'm still surprised RBG opted not to retire during Barry's second term. At least two seats will be filled in the next four years, and if by some ridiculously happenstance Trump should win the day, I have to hope RBG's stupidity has him eager to replace Scalia with a like temperament and judgement just to spite her.

She just issued an apology, but most people know it doesn't matter...especially to someone like Trump.

To be honest, I'm kind of thankful for her idiocy. My biggest concern with the next president is the Supreme Court seats that will need to be filled. I'm still surprised RBG opted not to retire during Barry's second term. At least two seats will be filled in the next four years, and if by some ridiculously happenstance Trump should win the day, I have to hope RBG's stupidity has him eager to replace Scalia with a like temperament and judgement just to spite her.

His choice will be Lyin' Ted. :thumbsup:

He'd only get in if Trump had the House and Senate. The left would soil their Depends at the mere mention of it.

Why would the Ds hold a hearing on any R president's Supreme Court candidate?

Precedent is a B word.

Why would the Ds hold a hearing on any R president's Supreme Court candidate?

Precedent is a B word.

Except that Trump wouldn't be in the last year of his final term when he would appoint a Scalia replacement.

Other than that, though, you may have a point!

Except that Trump wouldn't be in the last year of his final term when he would appoint a Scalia replacement.

He still has a point. There's absolutely no requirement that the House hold any sort of hearing on a Presidential nomination.

He still has a point. There's absolutely no requirement that the House hold any sort of hearing on a Presidential nomination.

Actually this is a good strategy. When Ruthy dies the "balance" of the court will be restored and Americans will be able to relate to the court better as each case will be decided by a best of 7.

Edited by keepthefaith

It must be a good pick because Ann Coulter hates it.

Pence doesn't help Trump shore up any of the base he needs, but Pence's born again status (not meant as a religious jab) and his stance on the anti LGBTQ bill last year will surely give their opponents and SJW plenty of negative fodder to fill the airwaves and inter webs with.

This is just further proof Trump has no desire to win.

Is Trump actively trying to tank the election? It's like he's trying to alienate as many people as possible.

I believe that's the case.

If there's nothing in the Constitution about what Advise and Consent means, there's even less about this "last year of the president's term" BS.

In a few years, there will be no SC because all the Justices will die or retire. And that's exactly what a President Trump would want. Muahahahaha. Deranged Rhino, amiright?

If there's nothing in the Constitution about what Advise and Consent means, there's even less about this "last year of the president's term" BS.

In a few years, there will be no SC because all the Justices will die or retire. And that's exactly what a President Trump would want. Muahahahaha. Deranged Rhino, amiright?

But the reasoning for not holding the vote WAS because Obama was in his last term...whether you agree with that or not. IT was even supported by Obama when he was a Senator.

Alternately, the OTHER precedent was Rs hearing and approving the Wise Latina, which is why...to answer your original question...the Ds WOULD hold a hearing on any R president's recommendation.

I understand the point you were trying to make. You were just not making it very well.

Trump isn't going to win and seems to have no interest in even putting forth a competitive campaign now that he's successfully cleared the field for the Queen.

I have no idea what a Trump presidency would look like because while I write fiction I can't even begin fathom something so unlikely as Trump sitting in the Oval. So, in that sense, you might be right that's what he'd ultimately would want... Then again, presidents don't run the country on their own. James Baker said it best about HRC (paraphrased), when she gets to office she'll do what she's told just like everyone else who holds the position.

Trump isn't going to win and seems to have no interest in even putting forth a competitive campaign now that he's successfully cleared the field for the Queen.

I have no idea what a Trump presidency would look like because while I write fiction I can't even begin fathom something so unlikely as Trump sitting in the Oval. So, in that sense, you might be right that's what he'd ultimately would want... Then again, presidents don't run the country on their own. James Baker said it best about HRC (paraphrased), when she gets to office she'll do what she's told just like everyone else who holds the position.

HRC only needs the power of the presidency to use the Force Lightning Attribute.