Blood is on the NRA's hands

LA Grant

I agree

No I'm not. I was pointing out the irony in the guy who smokes pot wanting more gun laws to stop people from having guns.

Prohibitions do not prevent the contraband from those who seek it and only results in Black Markets run by organized crime

I'll try to make that point as clear as possible for our stoner friends.

A pothead doesn't care if pot is legal or illegal, they are willing to break the law to smoke it. A law is not stopping them just creating a black market.

A crimal is still going to commit crimes with guns no matter how many gun laws are created. They are already readily available on the black market. More laws will not stop criminals from doing what they do.

Think of all the geico ads; if youre a criminal you break laws, it's what you do.

Edit- off topic but for the record I am for pot legalization I think it should be treated like alcohol. I do not believe it is worth our resources to chase down and punish otherwise legal citizens who like to smoke pot.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The OP failed miserably in his points as after Sandy Hook, the polls showed that most NRA members (~90%) were in favor of some reforms in terms of registration and training, while the NRA leadership fought against said reforms. You can't fault the members when the leaders don't follow their member's beliefs and wishes.

I've seen that poll data before (the question was on universal background checks), and I think there's something seriously screwed up in those numbers. It might have a majority, but the margin is nowhere near that large. For evidence, I'd present the election results in the state of Washington last year, where it passed, yes, but by a little under 60%. Considering that Washington is a left-leaning state and not known as a particular hotbed of NRA/gun rights support, it seems very likely to me that it would be a loser in a good number of states, especially in the south, including in my own.

:lol:

Seriously, I believe that guns much like cars should be registered and licensed (which there are a number of cars out there that aren't). I know it isn't a perfect system, but you'll never find one. If someone is diagnosed with certain mental illnesses or is on the terror watch list, then you can obtain search warrant to obtain said weapons (gotta make use of the NSA surveillance on our people somehow).

The OP failed miserably in his points as after Sandy Hook, the polls showed that most NRA members (~90%) were in favor of some reforms in terms of registration and training, while the NRA leadership fought against said reforms. You can't fault the members when the leaders don't follow their member's beliefs and wishes.

Do everyone a favor and actually read about what the NRA has done/is doing. You have zero credibility when you simply regurgitate lefty talking points. Saying that 90% of NRA members are for "some reform" and the NRA has fought against "said" reform is ridiculous. If there are specific reforms that 90% of NRA members are for that the organization is against, then offer up the proof. You can't, because that's simply not true.

When the NRA opposes legislation, the organization ALWAYS puts out information on why. It is never done summarily, unlike the opposite side of the debate.

Do everyone a favor and actually read about what the NRA has done/is doing. You have zero credibility when you simply regurgitate lefty talking points. Saying that 90% of NRA members are for "some reform" and the NRA has fought against "said" reform is ridiculous. If there are specific reforms that 90% of NRA members are for that the organization is against, then offer up the proof. You can't, because that's simply not true.

When the NRA opposes legislation, the organization ALWAYS puts out information on why. It is never done summarily, unlike the opposite side of the debate.

Not only that, but the comparison between licensing drivers and licensing gun ownership doesn't correlate. One is a privilege, the other is a constitutional right. I understand that you know the difference, but it amazes me how many people don't.

Not only that, but the comparison between licensing drivers and licensing gun ownership doesn't correlate. One is a privilege, the other is a constitutional right. I understand that you know the difference, but it amazes me how many people don't.

Liberals tend towards either not understanding the difference between rights and privileges, or wanting to redefine rights as privileges.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Liberals tend towards either not understanding the difference between rights and privileges, or wanting to redefine rights as privileges.

Yep - like healthcare is a right, but gun ownership is a privilege.

You'd think that people who are so concerned about 'rights' would take the initiative to actually learn about them.

Yep - like healthcare is a right, but gun ownership is a privilege.

You'd think that people who are so concerned about 'rights' would take the initiative to actually learn about them.

Kind of like the way they view the first ammendment. They think it only applies if they like the message. If they don't like it They want to silence it.

Haven't we seen you somewhere before...

fcedca64578bd09e9d564c3ca70d5ed5c5a92bfc

I agree with legalization as long as I don't have to pay for the fallout. Tax the hell out of it and when they feel its time to "disconnect" and bad stuff happens while their wasted just pull the money out of the tax fund to compensate the victims of the losers.

Excellent post!

I agree with legalization as long as I don't have to pay for the fallout. Tax the hell out of it and when they feel its time to "disconnect" and bad stuff happens while their wasted just pull the money out of the tax fund to compensate the victims of the losers.

I'm all for legalization as long as I don't have to deal with stoners blasting Tom Petty "music" at all hours...

You mean like constitutional law presidents who insist people on no-fly lists should not be allowed to buy a gun?

That's the party of birddog, by golly. Never a third as smart as they ever believe they really are.

Edited by LABillzFan

Good day neighbor. I have only been in this country for a short while and plan on bringing my mail order bride over to join us in the American dream. Would you please be so kind as to purchase for us two AR15 rifles.

Please and thanking you. May the Admiral Akbar be with you.

wtf was that guy's neighbor thinking (or not thinking). :wallbash:

Enrique Marquez, the neighbor who bought the guns, converted to Islam. Wasn't sure whether you guys were aware of that.

Catching up with this thread just now. Seems like a lot more meaningless blather. The only two important posts in this thread were my two graphics showing the demographics of who really is committing gun violence.

When liberals dream about gun control, they imagine a huge line of middle-class white men going to the government to hand in their rifles. Basically the demographic that almost never commits gun violence. Lol.

The whole gun control debate is absurd.

Enrique Marquez, the neighbor who bought the guns, converted to Islam. Wasn't sure whether you guys were aware of that.

I saw that. And I also heard he made statements I'm paraphrasing here along the lines of "just wait there are many more like us"

So even ignoring all the people will to commit jihad, there are probably exponentially more people willing to directly or indirectly support jihad right here in the USA already.