Kujo demoted?

Sorry but I didn't see this posted elsewhere. It was news to me (and not good news):

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/01/bills-notebook-tarpley-released-steward-to-start/

While Henderson’s job isn’t changing, the Bills have made a change to their tackle depth chart.

Jordan Mills, who joined the team prior to Week Seven off the Detroit Lions’ practice squad, has overtaken 2014 second-round draft pick Cyrus Kouandjio as the team’s swing tackle.

We “think that Jordan is our better option for us right now,” Ryan said.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the greats have many. You say it as if it's a huge deal he missed on a second rounder

He's had 3 drafts:

He's missed on a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder, and 2 4th rounders.

That's kind of a lot. He does not have the track record to simply say "oh, even the really good GMs have misses.". The really good GMs also draft Pro Bowlers and Whaley has not done that.

He's had 3 drafts:

That's kind of a lot. He does not have the track record to simply say "oh, even the really good GMs have misses.". The really good GMs also draft Pro Bowlers and Whaley has not done that.

He drafted a DROY candidate in his first year who he later flipped for Shady, an OROY candidate the year after who would be more highly regarded if they gave him the ball more, and a DROY candidate this year who already looks like a top CB, not to mention a would-be OROY candidate who scored a TD in his first 6 games as a pro. He leveraged the Kujo pick with a low-risk pick in Seantrel who has been up and down, but can still develop into a quality RT.

I don't know man, I think he is doing a fine job adding talent both through the draft and free agency.

He drafted a DROY candidate in his first year who he later flipped for Shady, an OROY candidate the year after who would be more highly regarded if they gave him the ball more, and a DROY candidate this year who already looks like a top CB, not to mention a would-be OROY candidate who scored a TD in his first 6 games as a pro. He leveraged the Kujo pick with a low-risk pick in Seantrel who has been up and down, but can still develop into a quality RT.

I don't know man, I think he is doing a fine job adding talent both through the draft and free agency.

Sammy an OROY candidate? On what planet?

Even the greats have many. You say it as if it's a huge deal he missed on a second rounder

In general I am a strong supporter of Doug Whaley. But missing on this particular second round pick for an OL unit that was very weak at the RT position was a significant set back. Sometimes prospects don't develop at a quick rate. But that isn't the case here. He simply can't play at the pro level. He is too slow footed and isn't athletic enough to uphold his position.

Doug Marrone made a quick assessment that Kujo couldn't play at this level. He was right. The new regime under Rex has also come to the same conclusion. Kujo isn't good enough to get playing time in place of Henderson who is mightily struggling at the RT position. This draft mistake hurt us not only at the RT position but it reverberated all along the line.

He is... It takes a bunch of creative revisionism sprinkled with some pure Whaley hate to spin him into a bad GM.

His roster building acumen is the best the organization has seen since Polian

I thought he looked good when on the field this year. Must not be looking good in practice.

CK looked pretty solid in pass protect in the games he played in this year... much better than Henderson. Hard to believe this demotion is not due to his knee... and if this new guy is so good.. he should be starting as soon as he has a rudimentary understanding of the playbook as Henderson is a tire fire.

Bust city.. This whiff hangs squarely on Whaley.

Yeah, he's the GM...brilliant...do you want to bring up his good picks also...Darby, Karlos Williams, Preston Brown......

Seantrel Henderson is the worst football player I have ever seen in my life.

How much football have you watched?

CK looked pretty solid in pass protect in the games he played in this year... much better than Henderson. Hard to believe this demotion is not due to his knee... and if this new guy is so good.. he should be starting as soon as he has a rudimentary understanding of the playbook as Henderson is a tire fire.

Rex specifically said that Kouandjio was ready to go from a health perspective, but the coaching staff considers Mills to be a better option at this juncture.

Seantrel Henderson is the worst football player I have ever seen in my life.

Have you ever seen an offensive lineman whiff so much against the player he is supposed to block? After tenaciously blocking the air he has a look of total befuddlement. You know Kujo isn't thought too highly of by the staff because he can't even get playing time behind him! :wallbash:

He's had 3 drafts:

So much wrong in one post should be illegal.