Rex Blaming Lack of Key Challenges on Arrowhead Operations

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JaySkurski

Ryan says he plans to change his replay process, but won't get into specifics of what those change will be. "Clearly we have to improve it."

@buffalobills

"We will make changes to our challenge process...When people at home see something and we don't, that can't happen."

CVFB3_oWEAQPMYY.jpg

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan: "Everything is ultimately my responsibility. It's my responsibility to get a process in place that's effective."

It happens all of the time after a loss. Fire Whaley, Fire Rex, bring back Schwartz, cut player X.....Blah Blah Blah.

I ask myself this question several times and am sad at the answer 'Are we better today than we werea year ago?'

I should stop talking to myself

Edited by Fan in Chicago

@JaySkurski

Ryan says he plans to change his replay process, but won't get into specifics of what those change will be. "Clearly we have to improve it."

@buffalobills

"We will make changes to our challenge process...When people at home see something and we don't, that can't happen."

CVFB3_oWEAQPMYY.jpg

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan: "Everything is ultimately my responsibility. It's my responsibility to get a process in place that's effective."

Words just words. Honestly, this is a core aspect of being an HC - I could maybe see this for a new to HC'ing candidate, but come on ...

I still say yes, we are better, and in a better direction than we have been in years.

I ask this with all seriousness - in what way? Our record isn't better, our D is worse, in game management is worse... All that is better is that press conferences are more colorful

Edited by Fan in Chicago

We took a small step forward. It just wasnt the giant leap that everyone was expecting.

Lets not forget how incredibly bad Marrone and Hackett were last year.

On to next year....maybe another year in the Ryan/Roman system will bring better results for players like Tyrod, Watkins, etc.

I ask this with all seriousness - in what way? Our record isn't better, our D is worse, in game management is worse... All that is better is that press conferences are more colorful

I dunno if I'd say game management is worse - it was pretty bad last year....

Anyone catch the end of the Grey Cup? Edmonton won it mainly due to a challenge of a PASS INTERFERENCE that was not called. They won the challenge which set up a late TD. With NFL refs ruining so many games this year, I thought the CFL challenge rule was interesting.

I'm actually of the belief that the reverse angle shows the ball coming out as he's taking his second step, making the call/the challenge WAY less cut and dry than every one wants to believe.

I also had zero issue with the OBJ non-catch against NE and the Dez incompletion last year in the Division game against Green Bay.

Nope. He catches, takes 3 steps up filed ("a football move") before he's hit and the ball does not come out of his full possession until his elbow hits the ground. Call it a fumble if you want, but it's a catch.

This gets reversed for sure.

Nope. He catches, takes 3 steps up filed ("a football move") before he's hit and the ball does not come out of his full possession until his elbow hits the ground. Call it a fumble if you want, but it's a catch.

This gets reversed for sure.

Well, none of this is true. So there's that.

Not to ignore the elephant in the room which is BLIND REFS

Is it possible that this could happen? Video not finding its way to the booth? Like helmet signals getting crossed?

Rex has made good challenges in the past.

@mikerodak

NFL stadiums are only required to show replays of certain plays (turnovers, scores, etc.). Jeremy Maclin's catch not under that category.

DAGGER!!!!!

Cheaters!!!

I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned but this feels very much like, "he's a punt catcher." Every team in the league has a punt returner but we have a punt catcher. Every team in the league can figure out a process to challenge the correct plays but we are totally inept at it.

I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned but this feels very much like, "he's a punt catcher." Every team in the league has a punt returner but we have a punt catcher. Every team in the league can figure out a process to challenge the correct plays but we are totally inept at it.

FWIW, before Sunday's game Rex was 2nd in the league with 5 out of 6 successful challenges. The only coach with a better record was 1 for 1. So we are definitely not totally inept.

The coaches up in the boxes dont get to call their own shots and replays. They just get to see what is shown on the TV broadcast and on the stadium board. Neither showed a replay of the Maclin catch or the Hogan catch until well after the next play.

Yesterday was a failure in process, for sure. But they can only do so much, especially when they are the away team.

I'd be more worried about how we build gameplans than our challenge process. 6 days prior we make Tom Brady look like a confused rookie, Rex goes on to say "that is what our defense will look like now"... and then we come back out in the stupid 4-3 crap and let Alex Smith have a field day. Get it together!

Edited by DrDareustein

With an established HC. I could give a pass to a brand new to HC gig guy....

FWIW, before Sunday's game Rex was 2nd in the league with 5 out of 6 successful challenges. The only coach with a better record was 1 for 1. So we are definitely not totally inept.

The coaches up in the boxes dont get to call their own shots and replays. They just get to see what is shown on the TV broadcast and on the stadium board. Neither showed a replay of the Maclin catch or the Hogan catch until well after the next play.

Yesterday was a failure in process, for sure. But they can only do so much, especially when they are the away team.

I'd be more worried about how we build gameplans than our challenge process.

I thought so as well. That is why I asked if it is possible the feed was not getting to the booth.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Maybe the batteries in the headset weren't charged, so in order to be a players coach he chose not to call the battery charger guy out in the media. I am sure he addressed it behind closed doors....

I mean it's not the first time the headset battery charger guy messed up. I hope the scouts do a better job so we can find the right FA or draftee...