Playoff Machine is up. Have fun

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Texans, the Raiders and the Jets do matter.

Expecting the Bills to win the next 4 games are high hopes. All of these teams in one way or another can surpass Buffalo in the rankings and all of these teams can help Buffalo reach the #5 seed.

Rooting for the Ravens, Raiders and SD to defeat KC will help the Bills immensely getting the 6th seed, maybe even the 5th seed.

Actually you do want the texans & jets to win at this point. If the Steelers lose this weekend but win their next 3 after that the tie breaker that comes into play is strength of victory against Pitt. But a lot of weird things happen the final month of the season. I really can't see us getting in @ 9-7 but I guess weirder things have happened.

Actually you do want the texans & jets to win at this point. If the Steelers lose this weekend but win their next 3 after that the tie breaker that comes into play is strength of victory against Pitt. But a lot of weird things happen the final month of the season. I really can't see us getting in @ 9-7 but I guess weirder things have happened.

I believe the obvious answer is to have them loose. Ultimately that would have to depend on who they play each week and how that outcome helps the Bills chances.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

If it comes to tie breaks at 9-7 then I think we probably would get in because a lot favours us in those scenarios (unless the Steelers are 9-7 having beaten Cincy but I really don't see them beating Cincy and losing to one of the Ravens or Browns). The question is will it come to tie breaks? It really is all about that Pitt @ Cincy game.... if Pittsburgh win this weekend I really think 10-6 won't be enough for us. If they lose this weekend I can see 9-7 being enough.

I'm hoping the Ravens win one or two of the very close games they play every week. Is it every game under 7 points?

They lost by 8 to Arizona but every game within a score yep. Which given they are not without their top wideout, starting running back, starting Quarterback and best defensive player is extraordinary. Even in the midst of a 4-8 season I can't help but be impressed with what a brilliant Head Coach John Harbaugh is.

My take for what it's work folks and the teams that I think will be in it for the wild card.

Houston - They have the same record as the Bills right now, but lose the tiebreaker for the wildcard. They get New England coming off two consecutive losses, which can't be good for them and then follow that up with a game on the road in Indianapolis. While I don't see them beating New England, they could win their last 3 @IND, @TEN, and home versus JAC. Their best possible record is 9-7 and they could actually finish the season 8-8 depending on how the Colts play.

Indianapolis - They're winning their division right now, but depending on Hasselbeck's play could be in trouble. I still think all of their games are winnable though. They still have the offensive talent to score points and are @JAC, home versus HOU, @MIA and finish at home versus TEN. The only way that they end up in the wild card hunt is if they don't win their remaining games and somehow lose one they should not. I have them at 10-6 or again at 9-7 if they lose the game to the Texans. None the less the tiebreaker goes to Buffalo for conference record.

Pittsburgh - They currently have a game on the Bills, but the Bills have the tiebreaker on conference record. They're @CIN this week, who's playing for homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. They follow that up with a red hot DEN team at home and finish @BAL and @CLE. Their highest upside IMO is a split with CIN and DEN, winning the last 2. That's 10-6. If they happen to lose the next two games and win the last two (which is also very possible), they're 9-7 with the tiebreaker going to Buffalo.

NY Jets - I don't know how this team has won games. They just don't pass the "eye test" to me. None the less, they also have a game on Buffalo. While they could lose to TEN this weekend, I don't think they do. Then they're @DAL who is completely disfunctional. I don't see them beating NE the next week and finish @BUF. So that puts them at 9-6 at best coming to play Buffalo. I'll come back to that game later.

Kansas City - They're playing some of the best defense of any team right now and the offense hasn't been bad either. They have no one left on their schedule that's noteworthy. SD at home, @BAL and finishing with CLE and OAK. Even if they lose one, they're 10-6 with the tiebreaker over the Bills and would take the first wild card spot.

So....it comes down to a couple things for me. The Bills need to match wins with the Jets from now until Week 17. I think if they lost two games, that they would be out no matter what. I think if they win all of their remaining games that they're a virtual lock for the 2nd wildcard spot. If they go 2-1, I think it's highly likely that they're playing the Jets for the final playoff spot in Buffalo in Week 17. That's my take!

My take for what it's work folks and the teams that I think will be in it for the wild card.

Houston - They get New England coming off two consecutive losses, which can't be good for them and then follow that up with a game on the road in Indianapolis. While I don't see them beating New England, they could win their last 3 @IND, @TEN, and home versus JAC. Their best

Indianapolis - They're winning their division right now, but depending on Hasselbeck's play could be in trouble.

Pittsburgh - They currently have a game on the Bills, but the Bills have the tiebreaker on conference record. Their highest upside IMO is a split with CIN and DEN, winning the last 2.

NY Jets - I don't know how this team has won games. They just don't pass the "eye test" to me.

Kansas City - They're playing some of the best defense of any team right now and the offense hasn't been bad either.

The Bills need to match wins with the Jets from now until Week 17.

Houston - I can see them defeating the Pats in Texas, I just can't fathom the Pats losing 3 in a row. Unless they have finally taken the huge fall over the edge.

Indianapolis - Hasselbeck is injured. Charlie Whitehurst should be playing for a week +.

Pittsburgh - @ Cincy then facing a top Defense in Denver, looking forward to a 2 game skid.

Kansas City - Praying for upsets by SD and Oakland

The Bills need wins and fans need to pry to the Football Gods like never before

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Houston - I can see them defeating the Pats in Texas, I just can't fathom the Pats losing 3 in a row. Unless they have finally taken the huge fall over the edge.

Indianapolis - Hasselbeck is injured. Charlie Whitehurst should be playing for a week +.

Pittsburgh - @ Cincy then facing a top Defense in Denver, looking forward to a 2 game skid.

Kansas City - Praying for upsets by SD and Oakland

The Bills need wins and fans need to pry to the Football Gods like never before

The Eagles game comes down to two things. First, the Patriots lost the turnover battle (2 to 1). One of those turnovers was a touchdown (99 yard INT return). No way week to week that I would expect that from Brady. 14 more points came off of special teams. Punt return TD and blocked punt TD. That's 3 TD's from defense and special teams and yet it was only a 7 point game. Hoody will have him up for the game. Bills play 3 crappy NFC Least teams in a row. No reason they shouldn't be playing NY in week 17 for all the marbles.

If they go 2-1, I think it's highly likely that they're playing the Jets for the final playoff spot in Buffalo in Week 17. That's my take!

I'd say this is true IF the Steelers lose to Cincy this week. If not, winning out might not even be enough for the Bills.

I'd say this is true IF the Steelers lose to Cincy this week. If not, winning out might not even be enough for the Bills.

I don't disagree. Should be an interesting game on Sunday between these two. Cincy is effectively playing for homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. If the Bengals did lose, then likely the Broncos would be playing for it next week against Pittsburgh as well.

The Eagles game comes down to two things. First, the Patriots lost the turnover battle (2 to 1). One of those turnovers was a touchdown (99 yard INT return). No way week to week that I would expect that from Brady. 14 more points came off of special teams. Punt return TD and blocked punt TD. That's 3 TD's from defense and special teams and yet it was only a 7 point game. Hoody will have him up for the game. Bills play 3 crappy NFC Least teams in a row. No reason they shouldn't be playing NY in week 17 for all the marbles.

Except that these Bills haven't won 3 in a row all season, and have only one set of back to back victories.

4 wins in a row from a team that's as inconsistent as these Bills, against teams still in the playoff race, seems very unlikely

Edited by HoF Watkins

Except that these Bills haven't won 3 in a row all season, and have only one set of back to back victories.

4 wins in a row from a team that's as inconsistent as these Bills, against teams still in the playoff race, seems very unlikely

While I don't disagree, I'm trying to be optimistic. Most of the statistical models say that the Bills chances of the playoffs finishing 4-0 are around 80%. That's a pretty decent figure. Not a guarantee, but a good number. That drops to 35% going 3-1, and only 3% going 2-2. They have to show us some resolve or we won't be watching them in the playoffs.

Not sure which playoff thread to put this in but it's not looking good for the Cincy D vs that Steelers O. Going to be down their best CB and a safety. Jones and Iloka.

Steelers are the one team that could easily miss the playoffs or win the superbowl. With that said...they need only lose 1!

Agree, Bills haven't won 5 in a row since 2004, so I wouldn't bank on them winning out. Losing one is best case scenario IMO.