Rex Ryan is responsible for:

Beerball

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Backup to AW, backup to Darby, backup to Gilmore, and nearly made it onto the cuts list even after coming back. How far is it from the truth?

You are blind to the truth. He's performed very well IMO at CB prior to injury and I think he filled in well at safety. He on the field is so far superior to D. Williams which was another coaching fail. That's enough back and forth on this one, you see one thing I see another.

You are blind to the truth. He's performed very well IMO at CB prior to injury and I think he filled in well at safety. He on the field is so far superior to D. Williams which was another coaching fail. That's enough back and forth on this one, you see one thing I see another.

Being our 3rd corner clearly means you are a practice squad guy. Your either 1st or your last Ricky Bobby

Rex and Dennis had a great defensive gameplan and the defense did enough to win that game. Lets see another team go into Foxboro and hold them to 17. (i'm not counting the leodis fumble that let to three points, that wasn't on the D)

The one mistake I think Rex has made is tinkering with the special teams too much this season. It was a mistake to let Thigpen go, it was a mistake to let Goodwin return kickoffs knowing his injury history, bringing in Cundiff and releasing Gay for a week or two (really Rex?), and it was a mistake to try and insert Leodis in there as a punt returner when he's so rusty.

Keeping Dixon instead of Freddy for special teams was such a blunder. Fred was an awesome punt returner because he protected the ball and had great hands. No he's not going to break one, but he's not gonna fumble either and that's all I care about on the punt return. Get me 8 yards and hang on to the ball.

Rex and Dennis had a great defensive gameplan and the defense did enough to win that game. Lets see another team go into Foxboro and hold them to 17. (i'm not counting the leodis fumble that let to three points, that wasn't on the D)

The one mistake I think Rex has made is tinkering with the special teams too much this season. It was a mistake to let Thigpen go, it was a mistake to let Goodwin return kickoffs knowing his injury history, bringing in Cundiff and releasing Gay for a week or two (really Rex?), and it was a mistake to try and insert Leodis in there as a punt returner when he's so rusty.

Keeping Dixon instead of Freddy for special teams was such a blunder. Fred was an awesome punt returner because he protected the ball and had great hands. No he's not going to break one, but he's not gonna fumble either and that's all I care about on the punt return. Get me 8 yards and hang on to the ball.

Fred sucked at the "punt catching" . Urban myth Freddie was not a fumbler, either as a runner or a punt catcher.

But i do agree we would be better off with Thigpen , No 17 just flat out sucks at football. yes, he had a great game agaisnt us 10 years ago..i don't care, he sucks!

I can't believe people are blaming Rex for that interference call. Coaches are over the white all the time. They just called it there as a make-up/compromise. If there is no screw-up by the ref, it's not called.

Mid play he shouldn't be that far out. It isn't productive for anyone, himself included.

Fred sucked at the "punt catching" . Urban myth Freddie was not a fumbler, either as a runner or a punt catcher.

But i do agree we would be better off with Thigpen , No 17 just flat out sucks at football. yes, he had a great game agaisnt us 10 years ago..i don't care, he sucks!

Amazing how we went from such an explosive return team to such a terrible one.

I can't believe people are blaming Rex for that interference call. Coaches are over the white all the time. They just called it there as a make-up/compromise. If there is no screw-up by the ref, it's not called.

Also, no one is looking into why the whistle was blown in the first place. If you get right down to it, that whistle was blown because the side judge was worried that Tommy Boy would be hit by rolling out and would simply throw the ball away (as he did 5 times last night). To protect Brady and avoid any possible contact with his unwrinkled uniform...he blew the whistle early. Live by the sword (play like a kitty), die by the sword (refs blow the whistle early)

Also, no one is looking into why the whistle was blown in the first place. If you get right down to it, that whistle was blown because the side judge was worried that Tommy Boy would be hit by rolling out and would simply throw the ball away (as he did 5 times last night). To protect Brady and avoid any possible contact with his unwrinkled uniform...he blew the whistle early. Live by the sword (play like a kitty), die by the sword (refs blow the whistle early)

Voilen from the Globe has an article that the guy was comig back from a horrific injury in week one, and to another offcial looked like he was getting nervous bout the play coming right at him.

I can't believe people are blaming Rex for that interference call.

Who would you have us blame?

Oh, I know the answer to this one, my apologies. It's the refs.

You're right. It's the refs.

Who would you have us blame?

Oh, I know the answer to this one, my apologies. It's the refs.

You're right. It's the refs.

Cmon, that play happens all the time. To me its obvious ref knew he blew the call...why the hell else is he following the ball so intently after he blew the play dead??? Should his eyes not be focused down on field where he wants to spot the ball if he thought was play was dead??? he was the guy who blew the friggen whistle!

That penalty was called because he KNEW as soon as be blew the whistle he screwed up...and Rex was just the excuse he needed.

Mind you, i think Rex his a horrible, and i mean horrible, game day coach...always has been.

Edited by plenzmd1

+1

Bills Penalties - 5 for 44

Much improved with the exception of the hold that nullified the INT

The hold was the only reason the INT happened. Gronk makes the catch cleanly otherwise.

What I want to know is why the ref was in the green. If the ref is on the white, none of it happens.

So it's all good then! Mistakes don't matter when you weren't supposed to win.

The fact is that the Bills got beat by a better team last night. Mistakes happen in every game to every team. The idea is to limit them and I think the coaching staff did a good job of preparing this team and limiting mistakes. The Pats made plays when they needed to and the Bills did not and that was the difference. NE is simply a better team and it showed.

Rex Ryan is a loud-mouth idiot. He will lead the Buffalo Bills nowhere. His first half tantrum on the sideline was embarrassing. He can't coach a football team - period!

And Tyrod Taylor is a back-up QB at best.

I agree with your statement about Rex, but I think Tyrod has a horrible OC that is limiting his potential.