Jerry "I'm supposed to be out there?" Hughes

FireChan

He had a pretty good game tonight, tbh. But what the hell happened on that substitution? Also, why did Jerry not finish the play? They got the TD and he gave up because of a penalty. Why?

Dareus was hurt, I believe, and on the sidelines. Someone didn't relay that to the coaches or his sub so they were a man short.

Dareus was hurt, I believe, and on the sidelines. Someone didn't relay that to the coaches or his sub so they were a man short.

I'm talking about the redzone play for the Pats. Where Jerry was running on the field and we got called for illegal sub.

I'm not sure, but I have seen a couple posts and tweets saying the pats**** were running no huddle and a pat**** ran on the field which means they are substituting so the bills changed up but then the pat ran off the field making it illegal. I don't know the rule or have a strong recollection of the play just going on what I read.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

The pats* were subbing and then after their new players were running on the field came back off. When the offense subs they can't quick snap the ball before the defense is ready they get an opportunity to sub as well.

Just another typical day of dirty pats* bull **** that they and only they can get away with.

I believe the penalty called was off-sides. It should have been illegal substitution by the Patriots. Maybe off-setting penalties was the right call and do over of the play.

When the Patriots players ran onto the field from the bench the offense expressed its intent to substitute. Whether the actually did substitute is not relevant. The officials noticing the offense was attempting a substitution should have stopped the clock and the ref should have stood over the ball to prevent the offense from running a play. Once the offense had set its lineup for the play and the defense had an opportunity to respond the ref should have started to clock and allowed the center to position himself to snap the ball to the QB. If handled properly the play should not have resulted in a penalty for either team. But they screwed this up along with maybe a dozen other plays most of which went against the Bills which should be no surprise to anybody here! Like the last play of the game where Watkins was ruled to not have gotten out of bounds. Sure looked like he got out from every angle. My only explanation on that one is the officials thought the rules had reverted to the college level where touching a player down is not necessary.

On the whistle BEFORE the receiver caught the ball (clearly shown on replay) I think the refs blew the play dead because Brady was out of the pocket and they were protecting him from what the official thought was going to be a hard, clean, legal hit on the sideline. A mistake which somehow cost the Bills over 25 yards. Just mindboggling incompetence. My apologies to the board for venting a little off topic.

The pats* were subbing and then after their new players were running on the field came back off. When the offense subs they can't quick snap the ball before the defense is ready they get an opportunity to sub as well.

Just another typical day of dirty pats* bull **** that they and only they can get away with.

So, they didn't substitute. They appeared to be, but, they didn't. I don't know the rule well enough to know whether starting to sub means the defense has a chance to get set.

What I do know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that the HC should have called a timeout. Inexcusable that he allowed that play to go. All y'alls anger is pointed in the wrong direction.

So, they didn't substitute. They appeared to be, but, they didn't. I don't know the rule well enough to know whether starting to sub means the defense has a chance to get set.

What I do know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that the HC should have called a timeout. Inexcusable that he allowed that play to go. All y'alls anger is pointed in the wrong direction.

No way should a TO be used there. The Pats were subbing and the bonehead officials didn't give the Bills the opportunity to sub. Should not have been a penalty. Then to make it worse they take the easy way out ( from calling too many men on field by Bills) and call it " offside". What a joke.

What? Not a Hughes miscue. It should have been a penalty on the Pats - Mike Carey even said the Patriots "simulated a substitution" on and the refs should have held the play up.

Maybe the Bills should practice more instead of getting so much time off. Rex tries too hard to be the players coach

what does this have to do with this thread?