I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your agenda is to post increasingly one-sided, non-nuanced statistics and arguments, in order to be "correct" at all costs instead of providing fair, insightful analysis.

To what end would I do that? What would be the purpose?

Also, what is inherently unfair about posting the following:

- Tyrod Taylor is 2-3 against teams with winning records.

- The combined record of teams that Tyrod Taylor has beaten is 22-33

- The Buffalo Bills rank 25th in 3rd down efficiency

- The Buffalo Bills rank 25th in 1st down differential

- The Buffalo Bills rank 31st in 3 and out percentage

- Tyrod Taylor has trouble working through progressions

- Tyrod Taylor locks onto receivers

- Tyrod Taylor struggles in the pocket, bailing when he should step up

- Tyrod Taylor struggles in the pocket, moving himself into sacks

- Tyrod Taylor struggles in the pocket, often not feeling the back side rush inside the tackle box

- Tyrod Taylor struggles throwing over the middle of the field

- Tyrod Taylor struggles to diagnose the blitz at the line of scrimmage

- Tyrod Taylor struggles to find his hot read on blitzes

- Tyrod Taylor holds the ball too long

- Tyrod Taylor has trouble throwing his receivers open

Under no circumstances is it acceptable, but it is mitigated by recovering the first, and the second falling harmlessly out of bounds. If you believe a fumble recovered by the same player is equal to a fumble returned for a defensive TD, you're a certified loony.

Poor play can always be mitigated by good fortune, but should it be relied upon? Should poor play jeopardizing possession of the football, to the extent that a live ball is created, be white washed simply because the defense couldn't convert?

The simple fact is that when you play loose with the ball, as Tyrod did on Sunday, it increases the defenses chances of creating a turnover. The more often it happens, the more likely that turnover becomes.

Tyrod fumbled 3 times on Sunday. One was recovered by the defense, and another was fumbled out of bounds resulting in a turn over on downs.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

To what end would I do that? What would be the purpose?

Also, what is inherently unfair about posting the following:

- Tyrod Taylor is 2-3 against teams with winning records.

- The combined record of teams that Tyrod Taylor has beaten is 22-33

- The Buffalo Bills rank 25th in 3rd down efficiency

- The Buffalo Bills rank 25th in 1st down differential

- The Buffalo Bills rank 31st in 3 and out percentage

- Tyrod Taylor has trouble working through progressions

- Tyrod Taylor locks onto receivers

- Tyrod Taylor struggles in the pocket, bailing when he should step up

- Tyrod Taylor struggles in the pocket, moving himself into sacks

- Tyrod Taylor struggles in the pocket, often not feeling the back side rush inside the tackle box

- Tyrod Taylor struggles throwing over the middle of the field

- Tyrod Taylor struggles to diagnose the blitz at the line of scrimmage

- Tyrod Taylor struggles to find his hot read on blitzes

- Tyrod Taylor holds the ball too long

- Tyrod Taylor has trouble throwing his receivers open

Poor play can always be mitigated by good fortune, but should it be relied upon? Should poor play jeopardizing possession of the football, to the extent that a live ball is created, be white washed simply because the defense couldn't convert?

The simple fact is that when you play loose with the ball, as Tyrod did on Sunday, it increases the defenses chances of creating a turnover. The more often it happens, the more likely that turnover becomes.

Tyrod fumbled 3 times on Sunday. One was recovered by the defense, and another was fumbled out of bounds resulting in a turn over on downs.

Yes to the bolded, because we don't score games based on "what-ifs."

Unfair is that that's all you post. No positives. Maybe once you called him our best athlete.

And I don't know to what end. Some self-reflection may get you there.

Under no circumstances is it acceptable, but it is mitigated by recovering the first, and the second falling harmlessly out of bounds. If you believe a fumble recovered by the same player is equal to a fumble returned for a defensive TD, you're a certified loony.

The real question is does he get the first down if he doesn't have to take a split second to recover the fumble?

Yes to the bolded, because we don't score games based on "what-ifs."

That's absurd. You apparently don't believe that things regress to the mean.

You also aren't recognizing that both plays which involved Tyrod fumbles ended in turnover. One recovered by the defense, one turned over on downs.

[unfair is that that's all you post. No positives. Maybe once you called him our best athlete.

You went to Mizzou, didn't you? Do you need a safe space?

Explain to me why it's my job to lay out things that Tyrod does well.

After that, Sue, perhaps you should do your homework, and compile a list of the things I've said he does well, rather than reporting to your own confirmation biases and poor memory.

And I don't know to what end. Some self-reflection may get you there.

That's not how this works. No, you made the claim. Don't start walking it back now.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

That's absurd. You apparently don't believe that things regress to the mean.

You also aren't recognizing that both plays which involved Tyrod fumbled ended in turnover. One recovered by the defense, one turned over on downs.

You went to Mizzou, didn't you? Do you need a safe space?

Explain to me why it's my job to lay out things that Tyrod does well.

That's not how this works. No, you made the claim. Don't start walking it back now.

It's not your job to do anything. Just don't be surprised when you hammer the same angle over and over and over and over, folks start questioning your motives.

I made the claim. And I still stand by it. It's clear "proving" you're right about Taylor (when half of the people here, including myself, agree with most of your negative assessment) is important to you. You come back to it. Over and over.

Edited by FireChan

I will gladly give you gas money to head down to the local store and get us one of these qbs off the shelf

Please bring me some cake on the way back...im hungry!

Well lets see. A non elite decent arm strength very accurate guy? So hard im sure. Like everyone else... get enamored with leg speed a decent arm strength sporadic accuracy christen the guy the best qb we have had since whoever AFTER 9 SO SO games and this is the best you can come at me with... how about start with should have drafted Bridgewater, didnt. Water under the bridge. Cassel was ON the right track. Without looking at college. At this point we can get a top 4 qb, Hackenberg may slide, where is Goff going? There are others to look at do some leg work and stop saying you cant find an average arm who makes solid split decisions

Brady is a HoFer. if he has a bad day, it's clearly not the norm. EJ having a bad day IS the norm.

Not your brand of "logic."

You just proved my point. You cant quote anomalys. EJ being poor is mostly subjective. He made it in the league and was/is raw. How many miltiple int games does EJ have? How many game has he "lost" Texans? Debatable. Chargers Rivers put on a clinic. He was skittish and still wont trust his eyes. I tell you what though. There is not another throw besides the flats that tyrod can make that EJ cant. This is not supposed to be about the second coming of EJ but its starting to be insert bills qb whom is unpolished blows after not enough games again. Its getting so old

I always thought Cassell should have been the starter. I do understand them giving Taylor a shot, lots of talent but turning out to be too inconsistent. He can't see the middle of the field when he is always looking which way his escape route is. He would be great in a west coast offense with deception plays rolling out and either flipping to Shady, running himself or throwing screens. We need a pocket passer like Alex Smith who sees the field and steps up throwing to his recievers. That also means accepting a certain a few more INT's.

Cassel had it until he came in noodle armed and inaccurate... or slightly more accurate than EJ and Tyrod

You just proved my point. You cant quote anomalys. EJ being poor is mostly subjective. He made it in the league and was/is raw. How many miltiple int games does EJ have? How many game has he "lost" Texans? Debatable. Chargers Rivers put on a clinic. He was skittish and still wont trust his eyes. I tell you what though. There is not another throw besides the flats that tyrod can make that EJ cant. This is not supposed to be about the second coming of EJ but its starting to be insert bills qb whom is unpolished blows after not enough games again. Its getting so old

Cassel had it until he came in noodle armed and inaccurate... or slightly more accurate than EJ and Tyrod

This isn't a debatable point.

You can argue that EJ being poor is subjective, but his numbers say otherwise. So does his W-L.

Edited by FireChan

Are you nuts?? Seriously. Alex Smith didn't play against Tyrod Taylor. He played against a surprisingly soft and injured Bills defense. At home.

Taylor played against a better defense. On the road.

Quarterbacks don't play against other quarterbacks. They play against defenses.

Lest I forget to mention, Alex Smith is an above average NFL QB who is having a good season.

Why is so hard for people to admit that he's performing at an above average level? Except for third down conversion rates, the Bills passing metrics and scoring numbers are above average in almost every category. It has been a very long time since that was the case.

As nuts as those who believe Tyrod is playing very well.

If you wanted average ..... well never mind. Wouldn't you agree that we need ABOVE average?

This isn't a debatable point.

You can argue that EJ being poor is subjective, but his numbers say otherwise. So does his W-L.

Why not? People want to pull crazy crap out of the back hole. Why cant i when directly defending the fact that EJ never threw a 3 int game. And may only have a 2 intgame or 2 out of what? 16 games. Im not saying you but people make it out to the tune that he is worse than RGIII worse than Ryan Leaf WORSE THAN JAMARCUS RUSSELL. and i am more than content with you thinking he is terrible and its subjective. But until people stop wanting to marry the TT and EJ we can NOT have decent convo in regards to this team. And its getting old

At the beginning of the season, many thought our D would be so stingy that our offense would only need to average 20 points per game to qualify us for the playoffs.

TT is delivering against that goal. While the offense doesn't produce a ton of yards or first downs, it does produce its share of points - often through big plays. And it hasn't turned the ball over a lot.

TT is not an elite QB (yet). At the beginning of the season, we didn't think we needed him to be one of the elite. Now that we've seen what Rex has done with our D, we're all wanting more out of TT to compensate. It's probably not fair or realistic.

For a first year starter, TT is doing fine.

I think the Coaches on the Offensive side of the ball thought that all along.

And i think they still do.

Roman is still waiting for Thurman to execute his end of the bargain. I am pretty sure this is exactly the case.

Yesterday coming out with a bang, in the wind and rain and getting up 10 -0.

All the Bills needed to do was be stingy with the clock after that.

And then Bills Defense get some 3 and outs ! Injuries on defense before and during the game had bigger affect than i first thought.

The middle of the field was really weakened when Tarpley was getting blown off the ball and removed from the rush lanes with ease.

As I may have mentioned. Lets just watch how the Kid TT looks when the season is over.

He needs to trust his eyes, and or his receivers. Those tosses to Sammy were really all about Trusting Watkins to make the plays. I though that was huge step.

He needs to feel how his guys allow the pocket to collapse or shift. As mentioned , he does not step up. I think this affects his Field vision too.

The guards should always fold away the pass rush so he can step forward and see the middle of the field better.

Which leads into his middle of the field vision post snap. Its a problem for sure. And I think defenses have figured that out.

all said i think hes fine. Needs a lot of work tons of reps, and a couple seasons on the Bills.

He has been refreshing, and far from perfect.

Edited by 3rdand12

Why not? People want to pull crazy crap out of the back hole. Why cant i when directly defending the fact that EJ never threw a 3 int game. And may only have a 2 intgame or 2 out of what? 16 games. Im not saying you but people make it out to the tune that he is worse than RGIII worse than Ryan Leaf WORSE THAN JAMARCUS RUSSELL. and i am more than content with you thinking he is terrible and its subjective. But until people stop wanting to marry the TT and EJ we can NOT have decent convo in regards to this team. And its getting old

He had a 4 INT game against TB. You said "How many miltiple int games does EJ have?" He has 4 in 16 games. 1/4 of his strating games he threw multiple picks. Do your research.

Edited by FireChan