I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

OK....well if you cannot understand what is meant by that then there is no reason to continue this conversation.

No I don't. Show me an example of another NFL "QB" who's job isn't to pass but just to "facilitate the offense," whatever that means. The only example I can think of is Brad Smith at Wildcat QB and Tim Tebow.

We all know what's happening here. You're not talking others into Tyrod, you're talking yourself into Tyrod.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK....well if you cannot understand what is meant by that then there is no reason to continue this conversation.

We go 3 and out on over 28% of our drives according to the stat I just pulled (I assume accurate though could be a week old)

We're worst in the league with that offensive facilitation measure.

He's had moments where he has shined, and he hasn't made the "watch ESPN to see the turnover" type of mistakes but.....

It's so simple to evaluate Tyrod Taylor and everyone here is trying to make it more complicated than it is. Anyone who understands football can see Tyrod is a really good to exceptional back up quarterback. But as far as a starter, not so much. I hate to burst the bubble of the kool aid drinkers but he's not a guy who can take a team to the promise land. As a starter he's what I call a .500 or 8 and 8 quarterback. He can limit turnovers because he doesn't take chances and if the defense and the running backs play a 100% error free, perfect ball game you can win with him. But if you get behind and you need him to make a comeback to get back in the game you're out of luck. He's not that guy. He can't carry a team. I like the guy but mentally he's LOST out there. He can't read a defense and can't figure out where all of his receivers will be.

That being said there is nothing the Bills can do until the off season anyway. You have to play Tyrod this year. EJ is the biggest bust the Bills have ever drafted except for maybe Maybin or Walt Patulski. Throwing a football EJ couldn't hit Lake Erie if he was standing on a dock in the Erie Basin Marina. :doh:

Edited by ScrewyLouie

We go 3 and out on over 28% of our drives according to the stat I just pulled (I assume accurate though could be a week old)

We're worst in the league with that offensive facilitation measure.

He's had moments where he has shined, and he hasn't made the "watch ESPN to see the turnover" type of mistakes but.....

#NotAPasser #TheFacilitator

It's so simple to evaluate Tyrod Taylor and everyone here is trying to make it more complicated than it is. Anyone who understands football can see Tyrod is a really good to exceptional back up quarterback. But as far as a starter, not so much. I hate to burst the bubble of the kool aid drinkers but he's not a guy who can take a team to the promise land. As a starter he's what I call a .500 or 8 and 8 quarterback. He can limit turnovers because he doesn't take chances and if the defense and the running backs play a 100% error free, perfect ball game you can win with him. But if you get behind and you need him to make a comeback to get back in the game you're out of luck. He's not that guy. He can't carry a team. I like the guy but mentally he's LOST out there. He can't read a defense and can't figure out where all of his receivers will be.

That being said there is nothing the Bills can do until the off season anyway. You have to play Tyrod this year. EJ is the biggest bust the Bills have ever drafted except for maybe Maybin or Walt Patulski. Throwing a football EJ couldn't hit Lake Erie if he was standing on a dock in the Erie Basin Marina. :doh:

please stop telling the truth ... B-)

Bowles is onto gailey:

Bowles was more candid than usual during the week when he said his team needs to simplify and get back to basics, particularly on offense. He made a good analogy that the Jets have tried to advance to trigonometry when they need to just stick with algebra.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/28/nosediving-qb-wr-rb-the-alarming-signs-jets-year-is-ending/

That's what the HC is there for, keep the OC and DC ontrack and offset their bad tendencies. Question is who will do that to Rex since he doesn't understand the QB position?

Fitz has 100 more completions and 6 more TDs in only two extra games started. You're splitting hairs when you get into these kind of back and forth arguments. They have different playing styles yet have the same level of output at the QB position IMO.

If Taylor wants to differentiate himself then beat the Chiefs. That would dramatically change the fortunes of this team and set himself far apart from the nobody QBs that came before him.

Can the other 10 guys and coaches also help beat the Chiefs? Or is this all on Tyrod?

Bowles is onto gailey:

Bowles was more candid than usual during the week when he said his team needs to simplify and get back to basics, particularly on offense. He made a good analogy that the Jets have tried to advance to trigonometry when they need to just stick with algebra.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/28/nosediving-qb-wr-rb-the-alarming-signs-jets-year-is-ending/

That's what the HC is there for, keep the OC and DC ontrack and offset their bad tendencies. Question is who will do that to Rex since he doesn't understand the QB position?

Lucky for us, you understand it

I wouldn't define a game manager as a QB who only throws the ball 12 times.

When you're up by multiple scores and put up 200+ yards on the ground?

Seriously, how many times in the offseason did we say the following would be the formula for the season: get a QB who can game manage and worst and go on streaky runs of great play, run the ball down their throat and play lights out defense.

That's how the Seahawks did it 2013, that's how the Ravens and Niners did it in 2012, that's how the Giants did it in 2011 and 2007, and it's how CarolIna is 10-0.

Do you want to say we don't have the O-line, or that the defense hasn't been playing up to snuff? Fine. But this time last year I would have strangled someone for play like we've seen so far from Taylor.