I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor first truly bad game end-to-end. So let's cut him.

I like Taylor, but two things that are becoming glaring are...#1 he looks to be one of those fragile type of players who will get injured a lot playing with the big boys and...#2 he looks like Russell Wilson without the lightening quick decision-making skills which makes his ceiling somewhere around average starter to high quality backup. Here's to hoping he gets a lot better.

It looks like the Bills are back in the QB market for the draft or free agency. At least they aren't locked into a bad contract with an average QB like the Dolphins are.

We are going to know ten times more than we do right now about Tyrod ataylor after the KC and Houston games. It's almost senseless to predict what the Bills will do next year or whether he has long term viability before those two games are played.

Not almost Kelly, it is senseless. I would love nothing more than to see him rise to the occasion. He has shown he is capable, he just needs to put it all together with some help from Roman on the play calling.

Taylor first truly bad game end-to-end. So let's cut him.

Again I have to say it only because it was posted - This is his 3rd possibly 4th bad game (meaning not great).

See NE** L 1 & 2 w/a QBR of 32.6 and 37.1, the Giants game L w/a QBR of 16.6 and the Tennessee game by the skin of his teeth.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14163/tyrod-taylor

Also 28.7 QBR against the JETS

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

But as everyone has pointed out he missed four deep balls that at least two of those have to be better throws. They were touchdowns. For the first time this year he was short on all of them which makes me believe the wind was affecting them. He and Brady had trouble throwing more than 20 yards. He also threw about 3-4 atrocious short passes, a couple of which could have been first downs. He's got to look to Sammy more.

Kelly made the comment to Fitz at one point that he cant throw with an arch at the Ralph in November and December, the ball needs to be thrown more as a rope. Other outdoor northeast stadiums probably similar.

I had noticed that about Taylor earlier that he throws a pretty arch on his deep balls and thinking "he's going to have to throw lower and straighter to succeed at the Ralph in December." Except because of his lack of height, I'm not sure he can do that.

I still think the Bills get out thought by Belichek on game plans

Kelly made the comment to Fitz at one point that he cant throw with an arch at the Ralph in November and December, the ball needs to be thrown more as a rope. Other outdoor northeast stadiums probably similar.

I had noticed that about Taylor earlier that he throws a pretty arch on his deep balls and thinking "he's going to have to throw lower and straighter to succeed at the Ralph in December." Except because of his lack of height, I'm not sure he can do that.

I still think the Bills get out thought by Belichek on game plans

It worked for Flutie....:)

The worst game of his career with above average perepherials for a 1st year QB (starting anyways).

Agree 100%. Taylor is a very good QB. One of the best in the league. I watch a lot of NFL football and the way Tyrod Taylor has performed this year put him in the top 10 in the league. You will not find a better one in the draft or on anyone else's roster. He is the real deal.

The book is out on Taylor.

He can scramble. He has nice touch on his sideline deep ball most of the time.

HOWEVER

He CAN NOT throw down the middle of the field. You can't succeed in the NFL without that ability, and he clearly lacks it.

Put the MLB that would normally drop deep in a Tampa-2 style defense in QB SPY. Press up in shallow zone on the sidelines to stop the checkdown and scramble to the edge, and backpedal the safeties to help over the top on deep sideline throws. Leave the deep middle completely empty.

This is what I found really disturbing last night, no seam passes, next to nothing in the middle of the field and this is not the first game that I have seen it.

His pre-snap recognition also seems to be lacking IMO, lacking as in not improving at this time.

I will tell you what I find disturbing and it has nothing to do with Tyrod

This team is petrified of every other QB on its roster.....that is how bad our QB talent overall is.....

Taylor was OBVIOUSLY injured.....you dont let him go back out there like that.

Draft a QB in the 1st round please.....

Actually Rex was about to put EJ in and made that decision. Taylor told Rex he was fine and could play and so Rex let him back.

Player's coach.

I have been mad at Rex and badmouthed him for numerous things over the course of the season and even this particular game. That's not one of them. When your starting QB who looks hurt tells you he is good enough to go you put him back in, every time, and he proved he could still throw it.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I have been mad at Rex and badmouthed him for numerous things over the course of the season and even this particular game. That's not one of them. When your starting QB who looks hurt tells you he is good enough to go you put him back in, every time, and he proved he could still throw it.

Hindsight is on my side. :lol:

Kelly....that is because Tyrod is a gamer....one of the things I love about him.

but

He should not have been on the field.

You're nuts. He could throw. Even after the game he said he was fine. Guys play with incredible pain all the time. If he couldn't get any ooomph into his passes then maybe, maybe, you put EJ in. It's even possible they could have put EJ in for just the Hail Mary they should have had a chance at. But Tyrod could still throw the ball the last five minutes. Every single coach allows him to, especially with the alternative the Bills have.