Pats*/Refs alliance must die

4merper4mer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been meaning to go back and look because a lot of people were complaining.

What seems to have happened was this:

2:34 Eli Manning throws 30 yards to Harris which seemingly takes 24 seconds off the clock and leaves it at 2:10.

Patriots called timeout. Go to commercial

2:14 on the clock after commercial. They reset the game clock 4 seconds to account for the Patriots calling the timeout.

The commentary even mentions that they reset the clock.

2:14 Giants run Jennings for 5 yards. 4 seconds come off the clock before Patriots call timeout leaving the clock at 2:10

Thank you so much....and sorry for the repeat. I missed the other thread...and clearly I missed the reset after commercial. I had just seen 2:10 and then 2:10 and was wondering why nobody complained about the clock not running....so thank you again very much for the clarification.

Thank you so much....and sorry for the repeat. I missed the other thread...and clearly I missed the reset after commercial. I had just seen 2:10 and then 2:10 and was wondering why nobody complained about the clock not running....so thank you again very much for the clarification.

No problem. It was curious to me how a play could go for 0 seconds too. Had to check it out. It would definitely be a screw up of the Patriots variety haha.

LOL. I even used a calculator on my iPad. Ha.

iPad malfunction, happens all the time....

I think we'd have to include infants and children to get the average down to 150 lbs. We are a country of large people. This becomes painfully apparent at the beach.

iPad malfunction, happens all the time....

I think we'd have to include infants and children to get the average down to 150 lbs. We are a country of large people. This becomes painfully apparent at the beach.

I just went back to the calculator and looked what happened. It shows the last five or so calculations. Apparently it didn't clear whatever was on there from before, or I didn't press clear hard enough, so it added that to 4000 before dividing by 150.

I just guessed obviously at that 150 number. I just looked at wiki for average weight and they have two different calculations for adults in the US. One at 165 and one at 180 (which is 7 pounds more than the average Samoan. ;) )

Basically.......all the complaining about refs comes down to the idea that, at best, one can only expect to be in a close game against the Patriots.

If you want respect from the opponent or the officials.....you need to occasionally beat that opponent decisively.

Either way.....winning on a last second field goal isn't going to change the dynamic of this series much.....didn't for Chan after he won(thanks to an interference call, mind you) and didn't for Rex, even when he won in playoffs.

Gotta' physically start taking it to them which is why Rex gameplan the first time was so inexcusably atrocious.

They have a 40 year old QB.....press his receivers to buy time to hit him and hit him hard.

And be aware that they are going to try to surprise you and throw you off of your gameplan............like trying to take out McCoy or Karlos with dirty hits to get your ire up....and turn the tables on the gameplan of hitting Brady.....which is the only thing they fear.

Don't bite. Stay focused. Take your penalties at the QB and there only.

I think the interference call was the Panthers, not the Pats*.

Anyway my complaint is not specifically about the crappy calls against the Bills, which I'm sure will come again Monday if necessary. My compliant is about the crap the Pats* get away with against the entire league.

Well there's your problem. You're using an iPad. Apple products tend to make people more stupid.

Now, now, don't make fun of my iPad. Just before I left the house today my screen went all blue and it wouldn't even let me shut it down. I thought the end had come. My wife said I should go get a new one. It was like my dog was at the vet and they were going to put her down. But when I returned a few hours later, she was back to normal and working fine... it's a MIRACLE! And you have that miracle to thank for this enlightening post. (Or, maybe this post is why you hate the iPad and feel it makes people more stupid, but either way...)

Basically.......all the complaining about refs comes down to the idea that, at best, one can only expect to be in a close game against the Patriots.

If you want respect from the opponent or the officials.....you need to occasionally beat that opponent decisively.

Either way.....winning on a last second field goal isn't going to change the dynamic of this series much.....didn't for Chan after he won(thanks to an interference call, mind you) and didn't for Rex, even when he won in playoffs.

Gotta' physically start taking it to them which is why Rex gameplan the first time was so inexcusably atrocious.

They have a 40 year old QB.....press his receivers to buy time to hit him and hit him hard.

And be aware that they are going to try to surprise you and throw you off of your gameplan............like trying to take out McCoy or Karlos with dirty hits to get your ire up....and turn the tables on the gameplan of hitting Brady.....which is the only thing they fear.

Don't bite. Stay focused. Take your penalties at the QB and there only.

I like that approach! Just beat the snot out of Brady! If we could do that, I wouldn't even mind if the Bills lost!