Punt Return

OhDozeBills

Most punt returners have a short shelf life...unless you are Devin Hester it's a job for a young player.

This topic reminds me of that stupid decision of him his rookie year running out the return vs. taking a knee and running out the clock on the Patriots in 09.

Come on, even if he had you know the Bills were going 3-hand-out and punting back to Brady with a minute or so left.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall many good returns well past the 20. I say take the knee and take the 20

I wonder when you really get down to it, if this isn't the way to go. How many times have we seen penalties in the return game and get backed up another 10-15 yards. Last time I looked the Bills were one of the worst teams in average starting position vs opponents starting position. Make sure the ball doesn't roll on punts, catch it, and kickoff returns take at the 20. The only downside is you lose the ability to return for a TD. Our team shows no ability to be dangerous in this regard though.

Leo is good at returning, I am more concerned that he will get injured while doing so.

Let's protect him and have him play D only.

Imo

thats my thought too.

But then who returns punts ?

thats my thought too.

But then who returns punts ?

who is Good Enough, is more my question.

The Thigpen was decent I thought and could run a route or two if needed. Then they bring in Moore who messed up right away.

I hope they are developing some one. Because i too want healthy leodis on Defense more than i care about his return skill

ST really came out of the gate pretty piss poor all around, and has affected plenty of games this year

Agree. I wonder if Hogan can do it, seems like a smart kid.

If they let Leo keep returning I seriously doubt their sanity.

Hogan, maybe but where's the love for Robert Woods? He was a stud return guy in college and believe he's taken a few in the past for the Bills. Regardless, we know both have better hands than Leo. I will say when I heard they let Thigpen go and picked up Moore I thought it was a bad move. ST has been poor all year, and I attribute a large part of it to coaching and the personnel decisions they made.

Hogan, maybe but where's the love for Robert Woods? He was a stud return guy in college and believe he's taken a few in the past for the Bills. Regardless, we know both have better hands than Leo. I will say when I heard they let Thigpen go and picked up Moore I thought it was a bad move. ST has been poor all year, and I attribute a large part of it to coaching and the personnel decisions they made.

I don't remember Woods returning one, how did he do? I was ok with Thigpen returning also.

You know they are going to put Leo back out there. Stubborn and stupid.

This thread was like a crystal ball when I read it last week ha ha!

Leo will be the guy for the remainder of the year. the return game is simply going away in the NFL. punters are directionally consistent now, PKs kick it to Mars, Let Leo do it, he's good at it except when he fumbles games away, like he did last night... just FC the damn ball and protect the possession. Our STs are middling this year. Now Easley is probably out, so lets just kick it out of the end zone and punt to the corners. time for Gay and Schmidt to earn the bucks. they need to make minimal, minimal errors