Amazing photo of Eric Moulds at Mississippi State

YoloinOhio

Yolo, where'd you find this pic?

I always felt bad for Moulds as he was on some bad teams, and could have been our best WR outside of Reed ever. Could you imagine if Moulds age was synced perfectly to Jim Kelly's.

He would have probably been our all time best WR. He had the skills and abilities like Michael Irvin.

I always felt bad for Moulds as he was on some bad teams, and could have been our best WR outside of Reed ever. Could you imagine if Moulds age was synced perfectly to Jim Kelly's.

He would have probably been our all time best WR. He had the skills and abilities like Michael Irvin.

An NFL scout tweeted it out - said he took it on a recruiting trip. Miss St has a big game today at home vs Bama so lots of Twitter chatter on it Edited by YoloinOhio

He would've been a first ballot HOF if he had a consistent QB play during his career in Buffalo. I have no doubts about this. Someday, I hope he makes the Wall.

I hate when WRs are measured by their stats. The strength of the team around them is so important.

I agree Moulds was one of the all-time great Bills receivers. Potentially a HOFer if he had played for a team that routinely played on national TV and went to the playoffs.

i thought of that too. Should have his tongue hanging out Jordan-style

Did Moulds play basketball?

Yep he was recruited for basketball by LSU and Kentucky among others. He averaged 30 points per game as a senior in high school. I think he considered playing both sports at MSU (they went to the sweet 16 while he was there so they were goood)

He would've been a first ballot HOF if he had a consistent QB play during his career in Buffalo. I have no doubts about this. Someday, I hope he makes the Wall.

Yet there was a reason that he lasted to the bottom of the first round and was the fifth WR taken. . Nobody denied his talents.

Yep he was recruited for basketball by LSU and Kentucky among others. He averaged 30 points per game as a senior in high school. I think he considered playing both sports at MSU (they went to the sweet 16 while he was there so they were goood)

I remember him talking about playing basketball with TO during the offseasons during his NFL career

Putting up numbers like his classmates from that draft class in his first two years would have helped his cause.

He was too busy keeping the Bills legal counsel busy by beating his women and fighting paternity suits.

But more importantly he lost speed and quickness by the early 2000's.

In 1998 he was the greatest receiver the Bills ever had for one season....but his ypc just kept sinking after that year and he never really adapted his game the way a comparable physical receiver like Anquan Boldin has.

As he got older he was still trying to beat DB's with speed and quicks that he no longer had and when it didn't work he just b*tched for flags like nobody we've seen before or since.

Not a great route runner or hands guy and while it wasn't really his body type to be acrobatic....it bears mentioning that he never made those sprawling grabs that we got used to seeing from so many receivers of that era....which decreased his catch radius despite having very good hops.

Talented receiver but he couldn't hold Sammy Watkin's jock in terms of overall talent and he didn't have the intelligence and discipline to be an Andre Reed whether he had a great QB or not.