Colorblind fans watching had no idea what was going on...

Big Turk

Fans with colorblindness took to twitter to say they had no idea what was happening during the game because all 22 players looked like they were wearing the same uniforms...

"Is this some type of cruel joke by the NFL?" one of them wrote...

Its not funny, but it kinda is...

How the hell do huge corporations worth billions of dollars like Nike and the NFL not realize they are putting out a product that a pretty good size segment of the population will not be able to differentiate?? That has to be an embarrassment for the league...

https://twitter.com/jhutcher/status/664982577019813888

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they announced the new red uniforms it didn't occur to me that the Jest would be wearing all green. Surprised that the NFL allowed it. (Isn't the rule that the home team gets to select dark or light jerseys then the visitors have to use the opposite?)

Anyway, I'm not colorblind but I found it nasty to look at myself.

It was awful for me. As I said in the shoutbox, and in my thread that got deleted during the game, the first INT was nothing short of pure chaos in my brain. I thought 2 Jets WRs were going for the same ball, and that a Jets WR got the tip. Imagine my surprise when the guy with the ball started running what I thought was the wrong way. :lol: It was like this for me:

I didn't know whether to laugh, cry....so I just sat there...stupified.

I imagine this thread will get deleted too...

Before it does...IN...and...there are different degrees of colorblindness. Some people simply can't see the number in the dots.

Some people have to spend the whole game reminding themselves that FItz plays for the Jets now. :lol: The green turf was the real problem. If Nike wants to do another "color rush" then lets do it on blue turf. It's not like they don't have the $.

Deadspin posted a video of what this game might have looked like to someone who is colorblind.

http://deadspin.com/stupid-nike-uniforms-wreaking-havoc-on-colorblind-nfl-f-1742272136

Yep.

And, dammit, I can't see the difference in that video either. I thought there might be some backasswards way that F'ing it up for the rest of you might make it work for me. Nope.

Fans with colorblindness took to twitter to say they had no idea what was happening during the game because all 22 players looked like they were wearing the same uniforms...

"Is this some type of cruel joke by the NFL?" one of them wrote...

Its not funny, but it kinda is...

How the hell do huge corporations worth billions of dollars like Nike and the NFL not realize they are putting out a product that a pretty good size segment of the population will not be able to differentiate?? That has to be an embarrassment for the league...

https://twitter.com/jhutcher/status/664982577019813888

everyone knows that last night and those god awful uniforms were all about making money. There were no considerations besides making more $. The announcers said that was the first time the Bills had ever worn the all reds and let's hope it was the last. We looked like the Arizona Cardinals.

terrible!

i posted about this before the game but red/green color blindness is the most common and i think that i read that it effects 13% of males so not only is that a big chunk of their target tv audience but im guessing there were probably a couple of players who at first glance didnt know who was who. what was nike and the nfl thinking?

It must have been terrible in the days when games were televised in black and white. No one could tell what was going on...

There are plenty of reasons why the uniforms last night were a bad idea, though.

In the days of b&w tv there was still a light vs. dark contrast. The problem for colorblind fans (including two of my close friends) on this one was that there was little contrast so they looked nearly identical. The problem for the rest of us, of course, was that we could actually see that red-and-green monstrosity. Thank god the Bills held on and made it worthwhile.