The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

20 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is why leftists lose all the time.

"Do you want to apologize for saying XYZ?"

"I didn't say XYZ. Someone else said something that is totally different than what you think they said."

"So you don't want to apologize for saying it?"

"I never said it!"

Later on Twitter: "So and so refused to apologize for something he said, even though he never said it!"

Embarrassing times to be a leftist.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

F482CB5C-C4F3-4C7E-9AE6-CCEBB364EB77.thumb.jpeg.35fd239e91f3d5f0f31e54bbc7ecd40f.jpeg

Oxford University’s student union has decided to replace clapping with jazz hands to prevent students with anxiety from being triggered

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/10/24/oxford-universitys-student-union-has-decided-to-replace-clapping-with-jazz-hands-to-prevent-students-with-anxiety-from-being-triggered/

I'm triggered by jazz hands.  ***** show choir freaks.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/23/2019 at 1:59 PM, Hedge said:

I mean what makes the "B word" unacceptable yet people can call men all kinds of derogatory words likes a-hole, piece of s, jacka**, prick, scumbag etc.?

Men truly are the ones who have far less rights than women. Women get favored and get special treatment in pretty much everything.

Edited by suorangefan4

WHY SHOULD A PUBLIC UNIVERSITY GET TO DECLARE “VALUES” THAT OTHERS MUST CONFORM TO? 

Purdue Senate favors requirement that all business ‘uphold the same values’ ahead of Chick-fil-A opening. 

“While the resolution fails to name Chick-Fil-A specifically, Purdue Equity and Diversity Committee Chair Audrey Ruple, who helped write it, referenced Chick-Fil-A directly in her presentation to the Senate, according to the Purdue Exponent.”

How about let Indiana taxpayers decide what Purdue’s values should be — subject, as the faculty senate apparently thinks it’s not, to the Constitution, of course.

Plus the usual Orwellian inversion: “The resolution states that Purdue ‘is committed to maintaining an inclusive community’ that ‘fosters tolerance.'”  So exclude Chik-Fil-A, because we won’t tolerate them!

• Thank you (+1) 3

All of this is due to lawmaking people never playing sports or understanding the emotions and dedication required.

they have no idea what it feels like to be totally cheated during a game or event one has worked years towards

Just now, row_33 said:

when teachers started with their political/religious nonsense during class, i just pulled out my textbook or homework and got a lot accomplished

I just argued with them.  Of course, when they focused on the classwork I still argued with them.

As much as it sucks as an adult being smarter than everyone, it sucked SO much worse in third grade.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I just argued with them.  Of course, when they focused on the classwork I still argued with them.

As much as it sucks as an adult being smarter than everyone, it sucked SO much worse in third grade.

i asked the questions that bothered the teachers, and as i wasn't a threat to bash their skull in, they got really angry with me

whateverzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

no arguing politics or religion with a kook... 

48 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

35 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i asked the questions that bothered the teachers, and as i wasn't a threat to bash their skull in, they got really angry with me

Eh, the best I ever got from a sarcastic answer was getting a professor in law school to start singing the Money song from Cabaret. He even did jazz hands as he danced back and forth. It was quite impressive.

Still kinda proud of that one.