The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... Purity tests are all the rage now. 

Where have we seen that before? Don't ask a leftist or an NPC, they won't/can't/aren't allowed to remember.

Well as they say, his first mistake was applying to Harvard.

I get why he wanted to go there, the alumni club runs a lot of the world's business through it (the Harvard education is incidental).  A lot of people have said he should sue, others say he cannot win, yada, yada.

I think he should sue. He has immediate provable monetary damages in that he gave up scholarships to other institutions on acceptance to Harvard. Long term, the monetary damages from not having that piece of paper are incalculable (although I am certain a good attorney could calculate them ?)

Others have said there was no contract, but wasn't there? If accepted, isn't that a contract? And if past, legal behavior is a reason to rescind the acceptance, shouldn't Harvard have done their due diligence before accepting him?  What next? Eating paste in kindergarten ruins your life? (If so, someone should tell Biden he will never be President.)

Let's face it, this comes down to this kid is the "wrong" political persuasion. It looks HORRIBLE for Harvard to pull his acceptance,  not only for that reason, but because of what he went through, and that he earned the acceptance. I am sure Harvard doesn't care as they will always have boatloads of people applying, and couldn't give two-***** about how they look to those of the "wrong" political affiliation.

Anyhoooo I hope he lawyers-up ... with either a staff of past Harvard grads, or a staff of Yale grads. ? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

This happens a lot. My best friend is ethnic Chinese, and gets this all the time.

Of course, being woke, I refuse to discriminate against the bastard on the basis of being of Asian descent, but I do fully and freely discriminate against him because he's one of *those* people... he was born in Illinois. They're just the worst.

26 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

This happens a lot. My best friend is ethnic Chinese, and gets this all the time.

Of course, being woke, I refuse to discriminate against the bastard on the basis of being of Asian descent, but I do fully and freely discriminate against him because he's one of *those* people... he was born in Illinois. They're just the worst.

OK, be honest now. When you go somewhere together, do you let him drive?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

OK, be honest now. When you go somewhere together, do you let him drive?

Actually, yes. Though the one time he drove was more to check out his new car.

...I survived.