The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

57 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Not where to put this. Had to present at a sales strategy session early this morning...about 100 people. Apparently someone used the term “Black Swan” in yesterdays session to refer to an event considered an anomaly in our business. We were warned not to use the term (not that I was planning to) as some had complained it was racially insensitive. 

I spoke to a Native American group recently and casually mentioned a faux zoning issue as being a "red herring". I was lucky to get out of there without being scalped.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I spoke to a Native American group recently and casually mentioned a faux zoning issue as being a "red herring". I was lucky to get out of there without being scalped.

Should have brought some Pow Wow Chow and firewater with you.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

Not where to put this. Had to present at a sales strategy session early this morning...about 100 people. Apparently someone used the term “Black Swan” in yesterdays session to refer to an event considered an anomaly in our business. We were warned not to use the term (not that I was planning to) as some had complained it was racially insensitive. 

So you changed it to "African American swan?"

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

7 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I suffered thru a teamwork / leadership training seminar recently involving cheesy video scenarios.  After each video there was a discussion over the scenario and at one point a participant commented that one of the supervisors in a video seemed like kind of a douche.  Nobody said anything to the contrary or seemed to disagree.

A few days later all participants were called to a follow up meeting to discuss an inappropriate comment raised at the training seminar :doh: 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

Tragic. 

Pathetic. 

And just a little but ironic. 

20 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

I applaud your company for employing the mentally handicapped.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Just because family friendly was referring to children does not mean that people without children are not a family.  WTF is wrong with people?  And yes I agree.  And I agree with GG.  Reason number 1,473 why the left STILL doesn't understand why we have a President Trump.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I immediately went to their site to buy a watch.  I love watches.  But dammit their's are ugly.  

I wasn't a huge fan of their stock time pieces, but the "build your own" feature yields some decent results.

I just bought one for $208.

Round Polished Case, Classima Black Automatic Dial, Smooth Black Bezel, Metal Strap.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I wasn't a huge fan of their stock time pieces, but the "build your own" feature yields some decent results.

I just bought one for $208.

Round Polished Case, Classima Black Automatic Dial, Smooth Black Bezel, Metal Strap.

I have a few of these.

https://www.originalgrain.com/

Oh and for you kids watches are things you wear on your wrist that tell time.  I remember a few years ago a millennial was making fun of me for wearing a watch.  "Everyone just uses their phones."   I raised my wrist and asked "what time is it?"  He patted his shirt pocket, his pants pockets and looked at me sheepishly "I don't know.  My phone's at my desk"

• Haha (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I have a few of these.

Oh and for you kids watches are things you wear on your wrist that tell time.  I remember a few years ago a millennial was making fun of me for wearing a watch.  "Everyone just uses their phones."   I raised my wrist and asked "what time is it?"  He patted his shirt pocket, his pants pockets and looked at me sheepishly "I don't know.  My phone's at my desk"

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I have a few of these.

Men don't know how to dress anymore.

A well tailored shirt, a good pair of shoes.

The wrist watch, the Cross pen, cufflinks (when appropriate), tie clip, lapel pin; each tastefully worn, not overdoing it by loading up, add a layer of class.

• Like (+1) 2