Money doesn't buy happiness in Jets secondary

YoloinOhio

Interesting

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000577246/article/money-doesnt-buy-happiness-in-jets-secondary?campaign=Twitter_atn

The New York Jets have a secondary problem. No, you haven't stumbled upon an article from last year, when John Idzik left Rex Ryan with an empty cupboard in the back end of his defense. But it's a different year with familiar problems for the Jets, who have allowed an average of 29 points per game and 1,240 yards in their last three games. In Sunday's narrow win over the Jaguars, New York allowed seven plays of 25 yards or more. It was a "chunk play" massacre for Todd Bowles' unit.

I haven't watched the Jets at all this year, which is a shame. I'm usually on top of the divisional opponents but not this year. I'm wondering if the Jets are dealing with a similar scheme adjustment under TB like the Bills seem to be doing under Rex. I imagine TB's scheme will take some time to implement and get the players comfortable with fully.

I'm speculating of course... anyone watch many of their games this year?

I haven't watched the Jets at all this year, which is a shame. I'm usually on top of the divisional opponents but not this year. I'm wondering if the Jets are dealing with a similar scheme adjustment under TB like the Bills seem to be doing under Rex. I imagine TB's scheme will take some time to implement and get the players comfortable with fully.

I know on the Jets fourms they feel like the defense was better under rex. It seems like from a coaching standpoint, Bowles would have been a better fit for us, and Rex for NY in regards to the defense

From what I can tell, Cromartie is getting beat a lot. That shouldn't be news - he's always had a tendency to get beat.

I know on the Jets fourms they feel like the defense was better under rex. It seems like from a coaching standpoint, Bowles would have been a better fit for us, and Rex for NY in regards to the defense

From what I can tell, Cromartie is getting beat a lot. That shouldn't be news - he's always had a tendency to get beat.

:beer: guys. Thanks.

i have seen about 6 of their games. Didn't watch London game or Redskins. There have been 3 games I saw where the D played well. Colts, Browns, Pats. The other games they seemed to play with no heart - Eagles, raiders, jags. It wasn't so much that they weren't good they just seemed lazy and disengaged.

Their additions are a tad overrated but I think that's because its weighted by the Revis signing. Skrine was bad in Cleveland. Cro is a shell.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i still don't want tt throwing at revis. heavy dose of clay and shady in the screen.

Sammy can beat Revis. They should use Clay and Shady and Williams and Woods too, but Sammy should definitely get more than a few targets. Revis is the figurehead of that D. Beat him and it sets the tone.

Edited by purple haze

I do. Sammy can beat him. Doing that during the game will spook them and will spook them after the game.

I would not count on that; the only WR who beat Revis regularly was SJ with Fritz and that was because the two of them were so unpredictable together. Revis will play RCB and force Ty to throw to left and center which is not his strong suit.

I would not count on that; the only WR who beat Revis regularly was SJ with Fritz and that was because the two of them were so unpredictable together. Revis will play RCB and force Ty to throw to left and center which is not his strong suit.

Good assessment. I hope Roman is reading this.

Revis got beat repeatedly just last week in the Jags game. Allen Robinson caught 6-121 or so with Revis shadowing him the entire game.

Interesting

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000577246/article/money-doesnt-buy-happiness-in-jets-secondary?campaign=Twitter_atn

The New York Jets have a secondary problem. No, you haven't stumbled upon an article from last year, when John Idzik left Rex Ryan with an empty cupboard in the back end of his defense. But it's a different year with familiar problems for the Jets, who have allowed an average of 29 points per game and 1,240 yards in their last three games. In Sunday's narrow win over the Jaguars, New York allowed seven plays of 25 yards or more. It was a "chunk play" massacre for Todd Bowles' unit.

These are the kind of things I hate to read.

The kiss of death. How many times will an announcer brag on a very positive stat and then the house falls on the guy.

I do. Sammy can beat him. Doing that during the game will spook them and will spook them after the game.

up to a point. I saw a stat yesterday and in it it showed that when TT has to throw the ball 30 times is isn't good and he walked away with a L and far to few points for his effort.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

i still don't want tt throwing at revis. heavy dose of clay and shady in the screen.

I would throw at Sammy as often as I can. Revis is beatable; re-watch the Oakland and Jacksonville games.

Derek Carr completed 5 of 7 pass attempts for 46 yards and three first downs when he targeted Cooper with Revis defending.

Allen Robinson caught 6 passes for 121 yards and a TD against Revis.

That's just in the last 2 weeks.