Colin Cowherd just killed Rex Ryan........

Protocal69

It's amazing more people don't see this angle, but I agree. It's not my style either, but the more the press focuses on Rex, the less they're focused on stirring up issues in the locker room. That would be an egocentric kind of move if Rex had a muzzle on his players to boot, but he doesn't. He takes the heat and lets the players say as much or as little as they wish.

And the players love him for it.

Most all of this bitching is because we lost to the Giants and the Jags. They're happy to put up with the perceived nonsense if we win, and they love to B word about the (perceived) nonsense when we don't, which is why it is perceived.

Bitching about being outcoached in a few games is fine, although they (rightfully) did that, too.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the players love him for it.

Most all of this bitching is because we lost to the Giants and the Jags. They're happy to put up with the perceived nonsense if we win, and they love to B word about the (perceived) nonsense when we don't, which is why it is perceived.

Bitching about being outcoached in a few games is fine, although they (rightfully) did that, too.

Agree. There are plenty of reasons to get on Rex, but the way he runs press conferences isn't really a valid one. At least to me.

Agree. There are plenty of reasons to get on Rex, but the way he runs press conferences isn't really a valid one. At least to me.

There's nothing really wrong with it and I like that the guy turns a boring PC into a good time. The backlash is that if you don't win the story is "the joke franchise has a joke of a coach." Win and it all takes care of itself and he becomes "eccentric."

How is this putting the spotlight on IK?

Do I need to link you to all the media attention it's garnered? The spotlight is on him. Because you don't think it should have gotten that attention doesn't mean it didn't. Anybody could have predicted the outcome, intended or not.

Do I need to link you to all the media attention it's garnered? The spotlight is on him. Because you don't think it should have gotten that attention doesn't mean it didn't. Anybody could have predicted the outcome, intended or not.

MOST of the media attention is favorable and people thinking it's funny. Few people in the 20 million people NY/NJ area seem to be bothered by it at all. The only people seemingly bitching about it are Bills fans and guys like Colin Rome and Jim Cowherd, and newspapers like the Post, whose jobs it is to strum up controversy.

The fact that the NY media doesn't seem to be offended one bit should tell you all you need to know.

MOST of the media attention is favorable and people thinking it's funny. Few people in the 20 million people NY/NJ area seem to be bothered by it at all. The only people seemingly bitching about it are Bills fans and guys like Colin Rome and Jim Cowherd, and newspapers like the Post, whose jobs it is to strum up controversy.

The fact that the NY media doesn't seem to be offended one bit should tell you all you need to know.

only Rich Cimini who seems absurdly obsessed with Rex.

Sam Cowart has a radio show? That dude was a baller before he got hurt.

Yes, I wish Rex would cool it a bit, but I like the adjustments the coaching staff is making. We need more. Fool around all you want in the press conference as long as the team wins on Sunday and it doesn't yield a dumb and dirty squad come game time.

Holy crap. Let the guy be who he is.

People aren't robots that are programmed to act the same exact way.

The only time I have a problem with a press conference is when someone looses their cool and freaks out.

No matter what kind of person you are, don't freak out in a press conference.

Kim and Terry having a conversation in bed late while the lights are off.

KIm Pegula: Terry, did we make the right move by hiring Rex?

Terry Pegula: Yes, I ate a dog biscuit as well in preseason.

Kim Pegula: But he has a career losing record and we have lost to the Jags and Giants. Out of our 4 wins, 2 are against the same team

Terry Pegula: wait a minute....Did he name IK captain and wear a helmet to the press conference?

Kim Pegula: Yes he did.

Terry Pegula: Either the Bills make the playoffs or this blowhard is fired next year and we bring back Schultz.

Kim Pegula: Good Idea, now please massage my feet Terry.

Terry Pegula: Its not Terry! Its Rex.

That's GOTTA be a new TBDism. "Button of jokes" :lol:

I hope that was intentional, if it wasn't, it's still brilliant.

Naw I cant even take credit for that. lol. Must have been that damm auto correct. That is funny none the less :D

Edited by Protocal69

Kim and Terry having a conversation in bed late while the lights are off.

KIm Pegula: Terry, did we make the right move by hiring Rex?

Terry Pegula: Yes, I ate a dog biscuit as well in preseason.

Kim Pegula: But he has a career losing record and we have lost to the Jags and Giants. Out of our 4 wins, 2 are against the same team

Terry Pegula: wait a minute....Did he name IK captain and wear a helmet to the press conference?

Kim Pegula: Yes he did.

Terry Pegula: Either the Bills make the playoffs or this blowhard is fired next year and we bring back Schultz.

Kim Pegula: Good Idea, now please massage my feet Terry.

Terry Pegula: Its not Terry! Its Rex.

Schultz as in Charles? It would take a lot for me to not be a Bills fan, but hiring a deceased cartoonist to coach the team might do it.

Naw I cant even take credit for that. lol. Must have been that damm auto correct. That is funny none the less :D

However it happened, it made me chuckle :beer: Good stuff.

I am not a Cowherd fan. His show is completely unlistenable.

I'm curious how you can say whether the QB made the right or wrong decision without knowing the play call, play design and progression sequence.

This analysis is interesting but quite subjective.

over Rex wearing the helmet at todays press conference. Bascially said that coaches that try to win the press conference dont win games. He went so far as to wear a helmet on his radio show and did a commerecial while wearing the helmet and spoke about Rex during the commerical as well.

Spoke about how coaches Bill Bellicheck, Greg Popovich,Tom Coughlin dont try to win the press conference. I dont agree with that however.

They may not try to "win the press conference" but in the case of Bill Bellicheck and Greg Popovich them being jerks in the press conference is also like trying to win the press conference in the opposite way.

I just wish Rex would just learn what battles to fight in as opposed to just being outlandish at every turn.

Unfortunately (and ominously) he has a point.

Putting aside Cowherd's puke-a-tude for the moment and looking at the point he was making, I started thinking about the generally acknowledged greatest HC's in NFL history and I think he has a point. It starts with the father of modern coaching, Paul Brown, and includes Lombardi, Texas Tom, Chuck Noll, Sid Gillman, Bill Walsh and Bill Belichickito. Not a clown in the bunch. They were/are all kind of dour and, on the PR front, pretty dull.

Putting aside Cowherd's puke-a-tude for the moment and looking at the point he was making, I started thinking about the generally acknowledged greatest HC's in NFL history and I think he has a point. It starts with the father of modern coaching, Paul Brown, and includes Lombardi, Texas Tom, Chuck Noll, Sid Gillman, Bill Walsh and Bill Belichickito. Not a clown in the bunch. They were/are all kind of dour and, on the PR front, pretty dull.

It's tough to make comparisons that far back. None of those coaches, with the exception of Belich*ck, had to coach in the 24/7 media circus that exists today with the net and social media.