Stevie Johnson - Whoopsie

eyebeem99

SJ was an incredibly good guy. Did stuff off the field for the community that few knew about. Say what you want about his on the field muck-ups but don't knock the man.

he did like skip paid appearances in Rochester with kids lined up to meet him. back then the team had Fred Jackson who picked up slack for SJ13, showed up and signed for everyone that wanted one. Sorry he is a self absorbed clown. Who now is bpuncing around the league. his act grows tiresome quickly.

Again...wow.

I'm going to expect this to get drowned out pretty fast but I'll say this:

Stevie was the best and most exciting offensive player for us for a while there. You don't put up numbers like that in consecutive seasons by sucking, and I'd argue that he'd be a better #2 now than Woods. He was never physically the best, never the tallest, never the quickest, never the strongest, never the best route runner, but he ground it out every game and knows how to play corners.

Agreed, but the possibility of watching SJ and Hughes trade duling penalties all game would be too much for this board to handle.

0% chance a penalty like that ever gets called on Edelman who is a douche after every single catch. It doesn't absolve SJ but the league is ridiculous.

I was trying to find a video of the flag, because players spike the ball all the time. If you spike it towards another player or throw it at someone, that's always a penalty. Spiking it after a big play though, that's not always called.

Anyone got video of it?

I agree with Stevie that he needs to be smarter in this situation. But, I will say that I think this is a stupid rule, along with the celebration rule and the taunting rule. I say this because I believe it is difficult to take the emotion out of the game. A guy makes a play and has a genuine emotional reaction. That should not be penalized unless it is offensive or derogatory towards the opponent. His team should not be penalized because he made a big play and spiked a ball.

when needing a first down and he runs the route 1 yard short.

Chris hogan?

he did like skip paid appearances in Rochester with kids lined up to meet him. back then the team had Fred Jackson who picked up slack for SJ13, showed up and signed for everyone that wanted one. Sorry he is a self absorbed clown. Who now is bpuncing around the league. his act grows tiresome quickly.

he had car trouble or something on the way was the story. Fred definitely did stay and give everyone an autograph.

0% chance a penalty like that ever gets called on Edelman who is a douche after every single catch. It doesn't absolve SJ but the league is ridiculous.

Sammy just did this last game. after he was tackled he threw it forward behind his back. It was subtle, but by the NFL rules It should have been a delay of game penalty.