Spiller the Diller

Storm Front

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Bills fans who endlessly B word about playcalls would have told you it was a bad playcall when he was here too.

The REASON it's a bad play call is because it's a play Spiller can't make. He's the genesis.

In fact, there's a pretty sizable list of plays Spiller has proven incapable of making. So, logic would dictate, there's an equally long list of playcalls that would be "bad" to make with him in the game.

If he's good for one thing, it's eliminating large portions of any OC's playbook. This much we know.

Hey didn't say it limits an OC play calling but if you run it up the gut on 4th and short and there is penetration I don't see many backs getting the first just not a play I would call with him in the game. Does Ingram get the first I don't think so.

I think they were trying to outsmart the d by having spiller in the game and rushing up the gut

I think it is a bad play call

I don't think spiller is a good back

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000599545/article/hightower-to-carry-load-for-saints-spiller-on-way-out

Looks like despite Ingram going to IR, CJ will not get much work. Tim Hightower will assume to role of the lead back, not just because his running style is more similar to Ingram, but CJ reportedly has struggled to learn their offense!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000599545/article/hightower-to-carry-load-for-saints-spiller-on-way-out

Looks like despite Ingram going to IR, CJ will not get much work. Tim Hightower will assume to role of the lead back, not just because his running style is more similar to Ingram, but CJ reportedly has struggled to learn their offense!

If, at this point of the season, he hasn't learned the offense, he should ride the pine. I understand that Payton has a intricate playbook, but he's had 6 months with it. I reslly loved what CJ brought to the team 3 seasons ago, but he may be a gadget player for the remainder of his career.

Yes, he had trouble in buffalo as well. He had one of the all time lows on the Wunderlich test as well out of school as I recall. Not surprised to hear this. tod bad, a great person.

He could be having nagging injuries or the more likely reason is he's just not a fit for what Sean Payton wants to do. You see the same thing in Philly. Murray is a damned good back but he's not suited for Chip Kelly's offense. What Chip needs in that offense is McCoy and for what ever reason shipped him out.

I'm coming to think that a lot of players are very specialized in what they can do. Just look at what is happening with Suh down in Miami. Maybe some of these draft picks and FA singings aren't so much busts as they are trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

• 3 weeks later...

If, at this point of the season, he hasn't learned the offense, he should ride the pine. I understand that Payton has a intricate playbook, but he's had 6 months with it. I reslly loved what CJ brought to the team 3 seasons ago, but he may be a gadget player for the remainder of his career.

has he ever been anything but?

Chan will make an all-pro out of him.

Didn't know Chan has the ability to keep players healthy.

Spiller's problem continues to be injuries. Unless has some type of power to keep him healthy, it will be the same old for Spiller.

Edited by SexyRexy

It's tough for a guy like spiller to leave an offense he was so used to.

I heard he was confused that the saints didn't run his bread and butter play-- i.e., up the middle for 2 yards to open the game.

I thought his bread and butter play was running outside the tackle with a gaping hole inside to get knocked out of bounds for no gain.

They failed to put him is space of course!!! He just needs an entire offense devoted towards RB's not blocking, not learning scheme and running screens, flares while pulling 3 lineman into the flat. That's all he needs.

#9 overall. :sick:

Is he still attempting to get outside or has he finally given up on that concept?