Brandon Spikes

The Big Cat

Also missing AW and Searcy as well as DL rotation in Wynn

Oh, I've made it abundantly clear how badly I believe we're hurting in AW's absence.

I haven't heard anything about Searcy in Tennessee(?) though.

And since I had no problem letting him walk for the money he eventually got, it would seem hypocritical for me to point out how badly we're missing him. But, I imagine we are. Particularly in run support.

Also missing AW and Searcy as well as DL rotation in Wynn

Imagine how dominant our Backfield would/could be right now with AWilliams back there!

There were (unfortunately) more than a few plays yesterday where our DBs looked to be panicked and trying to figure out coverage as the Offense lined up to snap the ball. One play in particular had Corey Graham standing back with his arms up like "WTF?!" as the ball was being snapped.

And they STILL played pretty well.

Imagine how dominant our Backfield would/could be right now with AWilliams back there!

There were (unfortunately) more than a few plays yesterday where our DBs looked to be panicked and trying to figure out coverage as the Offense lined up to snap the ball. One play in particular had Corey Graham standing back with his arms up like "WTF?!" as the ball was being snapped.

And they STILL played pretty well.

This happens A LOT.

Oh, I've made it abundantly clear how badly I believe we're hurting in AW's absence.

I haven't heard anything about Searcy in Tennessee(?) though.

And since I had no problem letting him walk for the money he eventually got, it would seem hypocritical for me to point out how badly we're missing him. But, I imagine we are. Particularly in run support.

i don't think we should have paid him what Tenn did mind you. But he's wayyy better than Duke and except for the pats game, we had stability in the safety corp all season that we have not had at all this year.

Preston played mlb more than olb last year. He was olb on run downs. Spikes would then come out and Brown would take the middle. This year his problems have been more in the pass game than the run game.

Preston looked lost out there on some of those screen plays. I'm sure the Jets will try and take advantage of that. Chan loves screens

We may be underestimating what Searcy did for this D...

AW is an obvious loss, but I think Searcy was better than we realize. Corner play has improved tremendously, however, so maybe a wash.

he was a smart player. Not an elite safety but he was a solid guy and I think more than anything, he and AW together were a stable tandem who knew what they were doing and were able to communicate effectively to the secondary and didn't make a lot of mistakes. Edited by YoloinOhio

I keep reading how Rex is doing less with the exact same defensive personnel.

Well, that's not entirely true.

Are we missing Spikes more than we care to, or even thought to acknowledge?

I really notice how bad our run D has been this year....

Maybe we miss him more than we thought

CBF

I keep reading how Rex is doing less with the exact same defensive personnel.

Well, that's not entirely true.

Are we missing Spikes more than we care to, or even thought to acknowledge?

31 other clubs thought so little of Spikes that he is out of football

31 other clubs thought so little of Spikes that he is out of football

well - he's actually facing a sizable suspension if he is signed so I think that's the real reason. The Pats actually signed him in the offseason. Now he's guy who sat there a long time in FA because he's limited in what he can do and maybe wanted more than he's worth for the number of snaps he plays in a passing league. But I thought he absolutely helped our run D last year. Edited by YoloinOhio