Christian evangelists mad at Starbucks coffee cups

Beerball

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you wonder why events like "Halloween" take off like wildfire!

No (moral, ethical, etc...) strings attached. I actually gotta go to church on Christmas? What the heck!

People complain about everything. Too much Jesus, not enough Jesus, etc... etc...

This is what happens when people have too much time on their hands.

Speaking of Baby Jesus... He weeps. You don't want to make him cry, do you? Then the ones with too much time on their hands, shut up! :D

Let 'em QQ in the Intarweb and if they have the self control, boycott Starbucks overpriced coffee. At least they're not cutting people's heads off

^^^ This.

No. Should I Google it?

Or can I just be lazy and you tell me... :D

The short version: somebody at Yale circulated a student memo on Halloween costume sensitivity and avoiding "triggers". Somebody suggested that maybe this was being oversensitive, as the point of costumes masquerade, not reality. Then everybody, collectively and individually, lost their ****.

It's a bit more complicated than that, though...I'd suggest googling it for more info.

(While you're at it, google "shredding constitution." It's the silly season, for sure.)

The short version: somebody at Yale circulated a student memo on Halloween costume sensitivity and avoiding "triggers". Somebody suggested that maybe this was being oversensitive, as the point of costumes masquerade, not reality. Then everybody, collectively and individually, lost their ****.

It's a bit more complicated than that, though...I'd suggest googling it for more info.

(While you're at it, google "shredding constitution." It's the silly season, for sure.)

Damn you! Can I blame you for "making" me stumble into this hell hole?

http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/06/guide-to-triggering/

"Everyday Feminism" really? I saw that and just had to have a look see! :wallbash::wallbash::lol:

Ever notice that the folks who complain about stuff like this are generally not happy people?

Content, satisfied human beings don't waste their time with this drivel. We're too busy bitching about the Bills.

Content, satisfied human beings don't waste their time with this drivel. We're too busy bitching about the Bills.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out Starbucks set this whole thing up. It worked so well when they used their cups to get everyone talking about race.

I saw this on FB. Because of course I did. FB was made for "controversies" like this. I can't understand why anyone would care wtf is on their coffee cup they will be throwing away 30 minutes after they get it.

Because, dammit, if there's no snowflake on your paper cup during the holidays, and you don't complain, Jesus won't save you! Or something...