This just in, Matt Cassel sucks

I don't think EJ is good, but he has a big arm. Cassel couldn't make either of the TD throws Manuel made against Jax. He has a rag arm.

Yep. It's as if some are arguing over whether they would rather be up on the Jags 31-27 (EJ) or 13-10 (Cassel) in the 4th quarter.

It's the same boat, folks.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Cassel vs. EJ talk should be officially put to rest, now that both have had two starts and both have two losses. This just in -- they're both subpar.

If I was a Dallas fan I'd be pulling my hair out. I watched the end of both of their games and Cassel's inability to even try to make a play downfield is embarrassing.

The local Buffalo media crucifying Whaley for moving Cassel should put their smartphones and laptops away.

Hopefully both Taylor and Romo are healthy soon, and these other two QBs can go to the bench where they belong.

If they were truely smart phones they would stop working for Buffalo media.

Even this is a completely FALSE STATEMENT, and I am seriously sick of seeing it repeated, presumably in ignorance. Please look at the stats and reconsider.

Matt Cassel two games, QBR 62.3, 61.6, 2 losses (NYG 4-4, SEA 4-4), 324 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

EJ Manuel, two games, QBR 81.7, 75.3, 2 losses (CIN 7-0, JAX 2-5), 561 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT

Cassel has brought almost no value whatsoever to his team.

Manuel has played mediocre football behind a poor and injured OL and missing the team's top two WR.

BUT Manuel has been CLEARLY BETTER than Cassel.

This is like saying chlamydia is better than gonorrhea.

Even this is a completely FALSE STATEMENT, and I am seriously sick of seeing it repeated, presumably in ignorance. Please look at the stats and reconsider.

Matt Cassel two games, QBR 62.3, 61.6, 2 losses (NYG 4-4, SEA 4-4), 324 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

EJ Manuel, two games, QBR 81.7, 75.3, 2 losses (CIN 7-0, JAX 2-5), 561 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT

Manuel has played mediocre football behind a poor and injured OL and missing the team's top two WR.

You can't not factor in the fumbles into your comparison. Manuel has had two really bad fumbles. The Bills luckily recovered one, but the other resulted in defensive TD. That was all on Manuel. Those fumble stats don't show up in QB rating, but you have to build them into any assessment.

EJM is a home run hitter who strikes out a lot. Matt Cassel is a bunter.

Dave Kingman vs. Mark Belanger, in other words.

You can't not factor in the fumbles into your comparison. Manuel has had two really bad fumbles. The Bills luckily recovered one, but the other resulted in defensive TD. That was all on Manuel. Those fumble stats don't show up in QB rating, but you have to build them into any assessment.

I still don't think the fumble that went for a TD was all on EJ. The protection was bad, McCoy missed his assignment and it resulted in a bad play. I don't absolve him totally, but I don't think that was all on him.

Everyone still making signs to fire Whaley. That thread was a knee jerk reaction, and now he looks like a genius.

If you're referring to the thread I started, it wasn't really a knee jerk reaction. I wasn't advocating his firing at all; I was simply surmising that there was friction between him and a coach who doesn't report to him, and that if Cassel played well, it might have an impact on his future (and I said "if"). I've long said that Cassel isn't good, but I didn't know how he was going to perform because I'm no expert. I still think that Whaley's future with the Bills is very much up in the air. He's employed for two more months, and I've heard nothing about an extension. He doesn't look like a genius to me in any case; I think he's an average GM who is overcriticized by many and overpraised by others. The Bills' roster is OK overall (not great), as is evidenced by their mediocre/average ratings in pretty much every major category. Every team has good players, after all. The Bills' premier d-line and corners are counterbalanced by their weak o-line and nondescript LB corps, for instance.

Nothing for nothing but how much did Dez Bryant play in those 2 games with Cassel?

Edited by Baltos best