Week 9: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Sammy Active

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt he is hurt. it just seems like some cloudy remarks from OBD. Zero,straight talk.

Actually it seems pretty clear to me without much of the straight talk.

Harvin has a hip injury, which he has had for years. He aggravated it early in the year. He overcompensated to protect it and to play in games, and hurt his knee doing that (which was reported a couple weeks ago). Not being able to run, and with two painful injuries, he got extremely frustrated, and voiced those frustrations to a few people, maybe even considering retirement if they didn't heal and he couldn't play at top speed, and therefore a top level. Because it's still and always will be a business, the Bills didn't want to pay him if he retired or sat this season out so they used the "frustration" element of it in the injury reports.

Now, Harvin is feeling a little better but not yet able to play. He's not as frustrated and wants to come back and contribute. His hip is a little better but the knee is still bothering him and he can't resume playing full speed, which a guy like him needs to be to be productive.

It really does make sense with all of the reports.

Actually it seems pretty clear to me without much of the straight talk.

Harvin has a hip injury, which he has had for years. He aggravated it early in the year. He overcompensated to protect it and to play in games, and hurt his knee doing that (which was reported a couple weeks ago). Not being able to run, and with two painful injuries, he got extremely frustrated, and voiced those frustrations to a few people, maybe even considering retirement if they didn't heal and he couldn't play at top speed, and therefore a top level. Because it's still and always will be a business, the Bills didn't want to pay him if he retired or sat this season out so they used the "frustration" element of it in the injury reports.

Now, Harvin is feeling a little better but not yet able to play. He's not as frustrated and wants to come back and contribute. His hip is a little better but the knee is still bothering him and he can't resume playing full speed, which a guy like him needs to be to be productive.

It really does make sense with all of the reports.

I guess what is also frustrating about it is you only have so many roster spots......and many people (myself included) would like to see what a big target like Dez Lewis could do for the team

HOWEVER

Dez Lewis played like crap in pre season.....like if he wasnt drafted he would probably be cut bad.....but just like with Kujo......Dez could improve into his second year.

I guess what is also frustrating about it is you only have so many roster spots......and many people (myself included) would like to see what a big target like Dez Lewis could do for the team

HOWEVER

Dez Lewis played like crap in pre season.....like if he wasnt drafted he would probably be cut bad.....but just like with Kujo......Dez could improve into his second year.

Well shucks, didn't think there were people (let alone "many people") who were itching to see some Dez Lewis on the field during a real game.

Jason Fox Preparing To Start (3:18)
Dolphins Offensive Tackle Jason Fox meets with the media in Davie as he prepares for a possible starting assignment on Sunday in Buffalo following the injury to Ja'Wuan James. Hear Fox give his thoughts on the unique environment of playing in Buffalo.

Anarumo Remains Confident In Defense (9:25)
Dolphins Defensive Coordinator Lou Anarumo speaks about the state of the Dolphins defense following the season-ending injury to Cameron Wake. Hear Anarumo talk about the skill set of Chris McCain along with sharing his views on the challenges presented by the Buffalo offense.

Lazor Talks Tannehill & Bills Matchup (15:44)
Dolphins Offensive Coordinator Bill Lazor sizes up Sunday's matchup against the talented Bills defense during his weekly session with the media in Davie. Also, watch for his comments on Ryan Tannehill and the team's emphasis on third downs in advance of the AFC East battle.

The question is, how much did the Bills / NFL charge the military for this? :ph34r:

Deangelo Williams can't wear pink to honor his mother, and Heyward can't eye black ironhead to honor his father- but it is alright for the military industrial complex to advertise on our helmets

@SalSports

Bills DC Dennis Thurman: "We've trimmed back (on D). But it's still about execution."

Thurman: Glad Leodis is back. He's an asset. Experience. Knowledge. Hasn't played a lot of safety this week but versatile enough.

@SalSports

"Dolphins executing better on offense now. They seem to be taking to what Coach Campbell is putting out there" - Dennis Thurman

@MatthewFairburn

Sammy Watkins was once again limited with his ankle injury. Corey Graham and Mario Williams were also limited.

@SalSports

Graham Watkins Tarpley Mario all limited. A little concerned about Mario yesterday. But not today. Should be full-go

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan wouldn't give up anything with Sammy Watkins, but they hope he'll be ready to play

@SalSports

As long as Sammy can't hurt himself more and isn't at more risk he will be out there Sunday. Hopeful. - Rex

@SalSports

AJ Tarpley has been cleared from concussion protocol.

@SalSports

Greg Roman: "Dolphins look (schematically) similar to first time we played them. But they're playing really well."

Roman: "I think we are behind (due to so many injuries going back to camp). For me to say it any other way would be blowing smoke."...

...."it doesn't look yet quite he way it's supposed to look. But we're getting there." - Roman.

"We can talk theory all we want but our quarterbacks job is to win." - Greg Roman

LeSean McCoy: "It's a must win for us" (1:16)

Bills running back LeSean McCoy talks about his health, the return of his offensive teammates, and a look at this Sunday's game against the Dolphins.

Thursday injury report

Click here to find out the latest injury information for the Bills heading into this week's game against the Miami Dolphins.

Darr On Record-Setting Pace As A Rookie
By Alain Poupart - miamidolphins.com

Miami’s punter leads the NFL with a 50.0-yard gross average and his 42.4 net average is eighth-best.

Miami adds TE Cameron to injury report

There were two additions to Miami’s injury report Thursday. Starting TE Jordan Cameron was the most notable addition as he was limited in practice Thursday with a hamstring injury. Also added was rookie DT Jordan Phillips.

Meanwhile starting CB Brice McCain and starting LB Koa Misi were each limited for a second straight day with knee and foot injuries respectively.

CTEw4b_VAAAwIMo.jpg

Campbell Meets With Media On Thursday (11:30)
Dolphins Interim Head Coach Dan Campbell discusses Ryan Tannehill's play, Dan Marino's presence and other topics as he meets with reporters following the team's practice on Thursday at the Doctors Hospital Training Facility. Watch for Campbell's comments on his interaction with Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross.

Dennis Thurman: "Respect Everybody, Fear No One" (3:36)
DC Dennis Thurman talked to the media on Thursday about the progress of the defense through 7 games, simplifying the defense, the return of Leodis McKelvin and more.

Rex Ryan: "As Long As He Can't Hurt Himself More" (2:06)
HC Rex Ryan talks to the media on Thursday regarding injury updates on Percy Harvin, Mario Williams, Sammy Watkins and more.

Greg Roman: "They Look Very Similar" (11:07)
OC Greg Roman talked to the media on Thursday about facing the Dolphins under their new regime, Tyrod Taylor returning, re-establishing the run game with healthy backs and more.

@john_kucko

#TBT The look on Dan Marino's face said it all. 20 years ago, #Bills hammer Miami in playoffs 37-22 #NFL

CTFXPsDUsAAcxay.jpg

The John Murphy Show November 5
Podcast only edition of the show. News from here at One Bills Drive, including a trip 'Around the Locker Room.' Talk of Fame Network's Clark Judge calls-in to share his thoughts on the Bills and the rest of the NFL.

@john_kucko

#TBT The look on Dan Marino's face said it all. 20 years ago, #Bills hammer Miami in playoffs 37-22 #NFL

CTFXPsDUsAAcxay.jpg

The John Murphy Show November 5

I, wonder if that's the game Felser mentioned in his book. On the Bills first offensive series Kent Hull stands up pre snap points at the DT and says " were going to kick your arse today" RIP!

INJURY REPORT: Cameron, Phillips Added To Injury List

Get the latest injury updates from the Dolphins and Bills heading into Sunday’s AFC East showdown at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

NOTEBOOK: Anarumo Looking Forward To A Happy Anniversary; Other Notes

Sunday’s game will mark the one-month anniversary of Lou Anarumo taking over as defensive coordinator.

@SalSports

Greg Roman: "Dolphins look (schematically) similar to first time we played them. But they're playing really well."

Roman: "I think we are behind (due to so many injuries going back to camp). For me to say it any other way would be blowing smoke."...

...."it doesn't look yet quite he way it's supposed to look. But we're getting there." - Roman.

"We can talk theory all we want but our quarterbacks job is to win." - Greg Roman

I admit, i am a fan of Greg Roman. and it continues to interest me where he will take this team!