Thurman Thomas talks about LeSean McCoy

YoloinOhio

It is our Super Bowl history of players that reach back to our current crop that actually gives me hope

We can get this turned around

Sometimes I wonder whether it's as positive as we make it sound. Could be great, could be less than great.

Simply being on a fantastic team 20+ years ago doesn't mean youre a great mentor that can help unify the current team towards its goals.

I will vote glass half full.

The line is improving each week, having Lesean in there is a very real threat to break one.. Our WRS are very good blockers for sure.

It will come in time.

Half full. and i have no problem with Kelly and Thomas being so close to the team.

i don't know what it's like with other franchises, but i think it is so cool how involved our former players are with the current team(s). so very cool

Unless you're the Jets and that former player is Joe Namath ... who will seemingly never. go. away.

I believe Thurman is on the Bills payroll in some form or another. He has a weekly segment on the John Murphy Show, attends practices and is on the sidelines during home games. He also walks around to the suites and talks to fans which he said he set up by the team. I know he has had young players to his house for dinner (like Aaron Williams) to give them some sense of family away from home. I don't know how much it helps but I guess it can't hurt to have a local mentor who had a lot of success.

Sometimes I wonder whether it's as positive as we make it sound. Could be great, could be less than great.

Simply being on a fantastic team 20+ years ago doesn't mean youre a great mentor that can help unify the current team towards its goals.

No, but that doesn't mean it's going to make them worse. Unless it was Joe Dufek giving EJ pointers last week.