I'm sure that this will shock you California people

I wonder how much it will eventually end up costing. I mean, it is a scam in so many ways but the cost prediction v. actual cost might help people see how horrid the idea was.

That said, the high-speed to Vegas will be neat, and a good project to compare to the LA/SF kerfuffle.

I wonder if these politicians faced a choice between this high speed rail and giving more handouts to their constituency what would they do?

This is what they are doing. Giving money to their friends by hiring them to made up positions within the "high-speed" rail "project." It is a slush fund to funnel money to special interests in the name of the greater good. It is what California does. When the project ends up costing 10-100 times it's projected budget, they will have shored up some nice coffers for the next couple decades woth of elections.

I wonder how much it will eventually end up costing. I mean, it is a scam in so many ways but the cost prediction v. actual cost might help people see how horrid the idea was.

That said, the high-speed to Vegas will be neat, and a good project to compare to the LA/SF kerfuffle.

Agreed anything is better then the nightmare called the I-15 on a Sunday afternoon coming back to LA

• 3 months later...

Shock headline: CA Bullet Train Cost Surges by $2.8 BILLION -- "Worst-case scenario has happened"

Well done, progressives. If only someone could see this coming.

Never fear, though. The governor says everything is just fine.

[California Gov. Jerry] Brown did not address the new cost estimate, but said in a news release about Kelly, “Brian has ably led the California State Transportation Agency since its inception and is uniquely qualified to move the nation’s first high-speed rail project forward.”

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Shock headline: CA Bullet Train Cost Surges by $2.8 BILLION -- "Worst-case scenario has happened"

Well done, progressives. If only someone could see this coming.

Never fear, though. The governor says everything is just fine.

Sounds just like all the military stuff that always ends up costing tax payers more than anticipated 

On 5/29/2016 at 6:41 PM, /dev/null said:

What California, Illinois, and New York state need to do is tax the people who left the state. The state governments took out all this crushing debt in their name. It's only fair they pay the state back

And I'm sure somewhere Big Government types are thinking that sounds like a good idea and are trying to figure out how to do just that

They tried that with me for two years.

I left after living there for 13 years.

A year after leaving, they billed me for that full calendar your of income taxes, plus penalties.

I told them I sold my house and there were countless real estate records available, per their code, to prove that.

They demanded my current states income tax return, my full IRS return with all schedules, and said they would continue to assess penalties until I paid.

I sent them the required returns, at great waste of time and expense.

Three months later, I was on a trip and they called and informed my wife the new tax levy plus penalty, which amounted to a very significant sum of money. My wife was in a tizzy.

I called Sacramento and spent three hours talking to them.

Finally, I got to one guy who said "Oh yea, we got all that and you're off the hook," or words to that effect.

I asked him why he didn't inform me of that weeks ago, and he said "We don't inform individuals when their appeals are approved, only when they're not."

Can't stand the place.

15 minutes ago, sherpa said:

A year after leaving, they billed me for that full calendar your of income taxes, plus penalties.

I told them I sold my house and there were countless real estate records available, per their code, to prove that.

They demanded my current states income tax return, my full IRS return with all schedules, and said they would continue to assess penalties until I paid.

Three months later, I was on a trip and they called and informed my wife the new tax levy plus penalty, which amounted to a very significant sum of money. My wife was in a tizzy.

Finally, I got to one guy who said "Oh yea, we got all that and you're off the hook," or words to that effect.

I asked him why he didn't inform me of that weeks ago, and he said "We don't inform individuals when their appeals are approved, only when they're not."

Can't stand the place.

Isn't there some type of "exit" tax when you sell your home and escape California?

39 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Isn't there some type of "exit" tax when you sell your home and escape California?

like leaving Prague in 1968, just run to a free country and leave your possessions behind.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Can't stand the place.

Sounds like New York, too.  Two years after I left, they came after me for income tax, their "proof of residency" being that the NY DMV suspended the driver's license I no longer had for not having insurance on a car I no longer owned in the state I no longer lived.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Sounds just like all the military stuff that always ends up costing tax payers more than anticipated 

No, this was not a pack of bic pens that cost $500. This was an all out lie by the California progressives. Everyone knew it and said as much. 

That said, I think it is awesome to have a non-high-speed rail, which is called a high-speed rail by the liar politician/pundits in the area, to cost double, triple, or even more than what it was sold to the voters as. 

I mean, it is always awesome when special interests put lies on the ballot, and the moron voters are in favor of it. BTW, I voted for it because I want to see the Apocalypse before I die. 

Brad Manning 2018!!!! 

Screen-Shot-2018-01-09-at-2.02.47-PM-102

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I will throw this here......................

CALIFORNIA IN A SINGLE HEADLINE: ......................Anaheim to evict homeless to make way for flood-control project and preserve bike path.

That stretch of Anaheim is near me, and as unbelievably depressing as that area is, it looks like Beverly Hills next to downtown LA.

Check this video at the 4:43 mark where he turns down 5th street. I drove down there recently and it completely blew my mind. Block after block of tent and cardboard communities. Both side of the road. Just hundreds upon hundreds of people in despair.

I guess this is what happens when your entire city and county is run by the left.

But hey...a few more billion dollars and these homeless can get to Northern Cal in record time.